Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slam Dunk Festival 2020 (UK) Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Iain, Sep 23, 2019.

1. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't Don Broco headline Alexandra Palace last year. That's usually about what sort of size band headlines this festival so I'd say they seem about right for a headline shot.

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah Don Broco headline arenas over here.

I might not care for them but they are big.

3. tomtom94

Trusted

Well, I guess I can say I saw them before they got big (Reading 2013 specifically)

4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Every year I see this festival and freak out at how good the lineup and then the realization of set conflicts and walking sets in.

5. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Ah.. I guess we are at the 'list making' phase now that the full lineup is announced... hell yeah! So damn excited. Using the same format:

My list of bands to definitely see:
    The Wonder Years
    Motion City Soundtrack
    Four Year Strong
    Knuckle Puck
    The Story So Far
    Free Throw*

Really want to see:
    State Champs
    Mayday Parade
    We Are the In Crowd
    Grayscale
    Bayside
    Sum 41*
    Trash Boat
    This Wild Life*
    Derek Sanders (acoustic)
    Reel Big Fish

Would be cool to see:
    Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
    Stand Atlantic*
    Movements*
    Sleep On It
    Yours Truly*
    NOFX*
    With Confidence

I am going to have set time conflicts, but that is why we are going both days!

Seems like there is no easy way to get from Leeds to Hatfield by train/public transport? And an Uber would likely be way, way too expensive.

DeRRek likes this.
  6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think you can get a train from Leeds to Stevenage and change there, it's not far from Hatfield.

7. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Ohh it looks like only a 20 minute drive from Stevenage to Hatfield Park, so we can get off at Stevenage and take an Uber. None of the websites I checked recommended that route. Thank you!!

8. DeRRek

Trusted

I’ll get in on this too.
    List of bands to definitely see:
    Sum 41
    The story so far
    The wonder years
    Four Year Strong
    Young Guns
    Knuckle puck

Really want to see:
    Basement
    Bayside
    Chunk! No Captain Chunk!
    Free throw
    Code Orange

Would be cool to see:
    Your Demise
    Motion city soundtrack
    While she sleeps
    Bury tomorrow
    Trash boat
    State champs
    Mayday parade

I have seen a lot of these bands before. Mostly the ones in the “would be cool to see” section

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I imagine this will be postponed now.

10. simonthebutler

Regular

Officially rescheduled for the start of September

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Good. Could end up doing SlamDunk and then flying out for Riot Fest.

guess we’ll see what happens closer to the time though.

12. simonthebutler

Regular

We hopefully have Leeds festival and then the following week slam dunk. Have you been to Riot fest before?

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

nope, never been, but I’m super hopeful it will still happen

14. simonthebutler

Regular

We went a couple of years ago and it is such a great festival and Chicago was a great city.

15. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Problem is we still don't really know what's going to be happening in September. A lot of models suggest that with major mitigation efforts, we could be back to a somewhat normal life by July.. but by the fall, it will come back even stronger. The hope is by that time we have enough infrastructure and testing kits to be okay, but who knows. But at least this buys us some time.

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  16. Windowsdown

A coupe of bands dropped off already because of previous commitments, including Refused and Your Demise. If more are to follow, this will definitely be cancelled.

17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Yeah there's quite a few big bands that are out already. It's almost certainly getting cancelled.

18. tomtom94

Trusted

Is there a page somewhere listing the artists who've dropped off / stayed?

19. Jake W

Not that i know of. So far i've seen Bury Tomorrow, Your Demise, I Am The Avalanche, Dance Gavin Dance and Issues pull out. With the amount of US bands on the line up and with how bad the situation is getting in the US, there's going to be many more to come.

20. tomtom94

Trusted

Fair. I think they're doing the right thing in trying to postpone rather than cancel but I don't think time is going to be on their side unfortunately.

Jake W likes this.
  21. Jake W

I think it's just too optimistic to postpone a festival. It would be great in theory but it's hard to get the same lineup for a postponed tour let alone a whole festival

22. tomtom94

Trusted

Speak of the devil:

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Good lineup still to be honest!

24. abear182

Regular

DeRRek likes this.
  25. tomtom94

Trusted

Oh man it is gonna suck if they go to all the effort of getting Trio and then they end up having to cancel