Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slam Dunk Festival 2020 (UK) Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Iain, Sep 23, 2019.

1. abear182

Regular

I was at the Wonder Years set in 2010 and it was immense!

I am hoping for Fireworks to be added since they are back!

kman22 likes this.
  2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I assume second day is to do with the French Slam Dunk?

Also, this lineup is great. Interesting to see Mom Jeans aren't on it anymore, but as I can't stand them I'm not exactly fussed aha.

3. simonthebutler

Regular

My assumption was they got offered a band who are too big for the festival and will just do a day of one stage the same weekend, no real idea though. Comeback kid and days n daze were originally listed for punk in republic but then weren't on the stage poster, just the main poster.

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

They've already posted that it's about a potential cruise festival

5. simonthebutler

Regular

Ah cool

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Terrible idea. Can't wait for them to book All Time Low, Waterparks and The Maine for it and wonder why their fans can't afford £1000 a ticket lol.

Jake W likes this.
  7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I doubt it'll actually happen. Most of the comments I've seen have been negative

8. simonthebutler

Regular

Second date is A day to remember headline show the same weekend

DeRRek likes this.
  9. tomtom94

Trusted

https://www.slamdunkfestival.com/adtr

Details here. Seems you can get discounted ADTR tickets if you have a valid Slam Dunk pass. If you have already booked two days of Slam Dunk you can talk to your ticket provider.

10. EOTCDXVI

Regular

So we'e booked round trip flights from New York to London May 21-26.

Staying in London the nights of the 21st and 22nd, in Leeds on Saturday the 23rd, and London the 24th and 25th.

It seems that getting from London (our hostel is walkable to Kings Cross train station) to Leeds is simple enough, and our Leeds Airbnb is only a 5 minute walk from the train station. So that's no problem.

Getting from Leeds to Hatfield on Sunday morning seems like it will be really tough though. Is there any chance anyone is making that ride Sunday morning and would let 2 dumb Americans tag along and chip in for gas/tolls? I have used BlaBla Car in the past when traveling in Europe, but seems like there are no rides for that date (yet at least).

If not, is the only feasible way really taking the train from Leeds all the way down into London and then back up to Hatfield? Seems like a 4 hour journey which, hungover Sunday morning, would probably not be too fun.

11. DeRRek

Trusted

The used have pulled out of slam dunk. Definitely to support MCR on tour. Gutted. Hopefully slam dunk replace them with someone decent! Thursday would be good since they cancelled a couple years back. Or even better, Funeral for a Friend!

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Funeral For A Friend would be a fantastic booking but I expect they are a Download exclusive.

DeRRek likes this.
  13. DeRRek

Trusted

Yeah. You’re probably right. Would be great though. Especially if they played similar setlists to the ones they did in Cardiff and London.

14. simonthebutler

Regular

15. simonthebutler

Regular

Two main stages with no clashes is cool

16. tomtom94

Trusted

Looks like I'm going to be able to get the day off work after the festival to recover - so should be taking the plunge on tickets if my mates will come with me haha

17. abear182

Regular

Disappointed that Fireworks didn't get added. But that was a pipe dream really :concerned:

18. simonthebutler

Regular

Maybe it is because I don't like them but I had no idea Don Broco were big enough to headline this

19. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

They're alot bigger in the UK than the US

20. Iain

Regular

I wouldn't say the strongest line up for me. But good enough that trip down feels worth it.

Key bands, I am looking to see:
    • Sum 41
    • Zebrahead
    • Motion City Soundtrack
    • I am the avalanche
    Thankfully looks like not too much potential for clashing.

Fair few bands outside that I'll go check out.

On checking out some bands ive not heard. Found this cover of Crawling by Dream State. Decent

21. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Saw Dream State at 2000 Trees last year and they were very good live.

I’m still torn on whether to go this year or not. There’s definitely enough to make it worthwhile for me but I’m doing a trip to the States early May so not sure if I can afford it yet. If there’s was the midlands date still I would definitely do it but Hatfield is a bit of a pain to get to/from.

22. simonthebutler

Regular

I am in the UK and don't think they are that big.

23. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

My schedule is gonna be MAD. Below is my list, Anything with an asterisk is a band I haven't seen before.

MY list of bands to definitely see:
    Sum 41*
    The Wonder Years
    Motion City soundtrack
    The Story So Far

Really want to see:
    Basement
    Bayside
    Free Throw
    Grayscale
    Movements
    Stand Atlantic
    State Champs
    Stray From The Path
    Trash Boat
    With Confidence*
    Your Demise

Would be cool to see:
    Billy Talent*
    Code Orange*
    Counterparts
    Dance Gavin Dance*
    Doll Skin
    Issues
    Knuckle Puck
    NOFX
    Reel Big Fish*
    Refused*
    Static Dress
    Vukovi
    While She Sleeps

DeRRek likes this.
  25. tomtom94

Trusted

They supported 5 Seconds of Summer on a big arena tour a few years ago and I'm pretty sure they play similar size venues to Sum 41. I was still surprised they were announced as a headliner though.