Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slam Dunk Festival 2020 (UK) Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Iain, Sep 23, 2019.

1. simonthebutler

Regular

Yeah, bands get added every few months until around may time. I don't think there is a set schedule but last year the majority of the line-up seemed out earlier than usual and same with the announcements already for next year.

rbarlyo likes this.
  2. Iain

Regular

I wonder if they will have another 'secret set' again? (It was Busted this year, for those who weren't aware).

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I get the impression that was a one off, but if it is happening again it would have to be someone similar. Mcfly or something.

4. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Officially bought my flights and tix to the festival. Hyped for this!

5. simonthebutler

Regular

That is awesome, I have done trips to America for music festivals but the thought of somebody doing it in reverse is wild to me. You will have a great experience. Have you been to England before?

6. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Never have! Other than a layover at the airport in London..

I've actually been to a ton of different European countries (18 to be exact) but not England for some reason.

We were thinking of spending a few nights in London and one in Leeds. I heard Leeds is a good drinking city? Any other towns near London and/or Leeds you would recommend checking out?

7. simonthebutler

Regular

Leeds is a great nightlife city, I had my stag party there. I live in Manchester and that may be worth a stop (the city not my house lol) it depends what you are into. Manchester is 30 minutes from Leeds and a direct train from london.

8. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Great, thanks! We will keep that in mind.

Unfortunately it looks like the Premier League season ends the week prior to the festival... would have been really cool to see a game.

9. DeRRek

Trusted

Young guns playing all our kings are dead in full.

10. simonthebutler

Regular

himynameisiain likes this.
  11. Iain

Regular

The other thing they announced was that the Don Broco and Sum 41 sets will not clash.

12. Iain

Regular

I love the festival and I am going again this year. However, I could tell you only two bands on the current lineup that I have listened to an album in full. Those are: Motion City Soundtrack & Sum 41.

any recommendations of those on the line up to check out? More so the pop punk side of things.

13. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Literally like the entirety of the lineup rules. Any albums by State Champs, The Story So Far, Bayside, Mayday Parade, The Wonder Years, Trash Boat, Grayscale, & Free Throw. Movements is really good and will have some new music out by then I'm pretty sure, Four Year Strong is always a blast and any of their albums are a good time except "In Some Way, Shape, Or Form" in my opinion. Heavier bands... don broco is fun, Stray from the Path, Ice Nine Kills, Dance Gavin Dance, Issues, Deez Nuts are all great. I want to go for the first time this year & it's bound to be pretty much constant overlapping set times

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Listen to The Wonder Years, in particular the Upsides, Suburbia and The Greatest Generation. Best pop punk band ever quality wise imo.

Also check out Trash Boat, Movements, The Story So Far and Basement.

kman22 likes this.
  15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Line up sucks for me so far compared to last year

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Don Broco are terrible people.

rbarlyo and SamLevi11 like this.
  17. EOTCDXVI

Regular

I already love probably half of the bands on this festival, but figured i'd give a few more a try. Really digging Free Throw

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Free Throw are honestly fantastic. Two Beers In and Randy, I Am The Liquor are utter bangers.

DeRRek likes this.
  19. simonthebutler

Regular

alkalinexandy likes this.
  20. DeRRek

Trusted

The upsides in full at slam dunk. Nice!

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

YES PLEASE

DeRRek likes this.
  22. simonthebutler

Regular

Perfect

23. DeRRek

Trusted

while she sleeps, code orange and Chunk added.I'm happy with that.

24. simonthebutler

Regular

Announcement of a second day has me intrigued

25. EOTCDXVI

Regular

It would have to be a different weekend then, no? I mean, a lot of people already bought tickets to both the Leeds and North dates.