Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slam Dunk Festival 2020 (UK) Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Iain, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Iain

Regular

They have posted the dates for next year in below facebook post.

Highlights:
    • Same Venues (Midlands not returning by looks of it)
    • Price the same if you purchase early (further details tba)
    • One Headliner and 10 bands to be announced on Wednesday.
    • They are addressing teething issues at Leeds for this year
    Anyone got a decent hotel near Leeds they would recommend? I drove down and back from Scotland this year and wont be doing that again! Doesnt have to be too close venue as will just drive there anyway.

Windowsdown likes this.
  2. simonthebutler

Regular

himynameisiain likes this.
  3. simonthebutler

Regular

Slam Dunk Festival (@SlamDunkMusic) Tweeted:
    #SDF20 IS HERE! Our first announcement is @DONBROCO, @State_Champs, @thewonderyears, @maydayparade, @fouryearstrong, @KnucklePuckIL, @ICENINEKILLS, @BaysideBand, @issues and @handslikehouses. Super Early Bird tickets (at 2019 prices) on-sale from Friday! https://t.co/15h6gsjkmG

4. Iain

Regular

Decent! Going for MCS.

5. kman22

Regular

Is Don Broco the headliner?

6. cameoutswingin

Regular

"One of" the headliners

7. rbarlyo

wawa defender

Anyone got any predictions?

8. simonthebutler

Regular

Misfits lol. I think if they have a punk stage again like last year I would love Lawrence arms to play but other than that I have no idea. I described the line-up as boring but solid, in the best possible way, all bands you would expect to play but good bands. MCS is the only real surprise

9. simonthebutler

Regular

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is a great lineup.

Sum 41, State Champs, The Used, The Story So Far, The Wonder Years, Basement, Motion City Soundtrack, Your Demise, Knuckle Puck, Issues, Bayside and Grayscale.

Pretty great so far.

11. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Happy for WATIC coming back

12. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Is this a reunion for them? I used to love them, was wondering what they were up to the last 5 or so years.

Anyway, this lineup is incredible. Like "plan a trip to the UK based around this festival" type of incredible.

13. simonthebutler

Regular

Based on the member's Twitter these are one of shows but who knows? The line-up is very solid as usual and there are probably 50+ bands still to go.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Slam Dunk has been consistently smashing it lineup wise since about 2012, and this year might be their best yet.

15. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Think i'm booking some flights across the pond to London for this. Super pumped.

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

So you are aware, both of these take place slightly out of town from Leeds and Hatfield's centres, but the Hatfield one is walkable. Leeds is some way out of town near some more suburby type area. They're also both outdoor field type venues now as opposed to the old city centre/uni campus locations.

Both fantastic days out though and the locations are easy to navigate around.

theasteriskera likes this.
  17. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Awesome, thanks! Our plan is to fly into London and spend a few days there, then go to the festival. This thread should be a good source of info for us.

theasteriskera likes this.
  18. simonthebutler

Regular

Yeah, any help you need just ask in here. The line up consistently delivers and hopefully the weather holds up this year.

19. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Thanks!

One thing i'm not sure of after reading up on their website.

There is a 'Slam Dunk North' and 'Slam Dunk South' date. Obviously these are in two different locations.

Are people meant to attend both? As in, will half of the bands play on Saturday, and half on Sunday? Or will every single band play on both Saturday and Sunday, meaning it makes a bit more sense to just attend one of the two days?

If it is the latter, do people often go to both anyway to address conflicts with bands on each day?

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

All bands play both dates and the set times are usually 99% the same.

I attend every date (there used to be 3, one on the Monday in Birmingham on the public holiday) to ensure i get to see everything I want to but you can obviously attend just one, they are separate events with separate tickets (you can get a joint ticket though)

21. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Gotya. And are set times released day of (or a couple of days before) like Warped.. or will they be available months in advanced? That would probably determine if we'll go to both or just one. If there aren't many conflicts, we would probably only attend one date.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Months ahead. Normally once everyone is announced, you get the stage splits and you roughly see who might clash, then they post the splits normally a month prior.

23. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Thanks!

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

No problem, any more questions and I'm sure all UK based users will gladly help you out!

EOTCDXVI likes this.
  25. rbarlyo

wawa defender

I'm not British so if this is common knowledge I'm sorry for looking silly.
    Around when do we typically get the full lineup? Is it next year?