Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slam Dunk Festival 2019 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Oct 17, 2018.

1. abear182

Regular

Honestly like the line up so far. NOFX is a bit out of left field!

2. simonthebutler

Regular

Really looking forward to Leeds being all outside.

3. Iain

Regular

The biggest news from the festival is that there is no more Midlands date. I think that's a bit of a shame, I went to it this year and really enjoyed it.

Decent band announcement. Although not really any bands that make me want to buy a ticket this far in advance.

4. DeRRek

Trusted

Patiently waiting the announcement tonight. Cool at 10 of the 11 bands haven’t played before. Shame they’ll probably all be unsigned bands haha

5. Iain

Regular

did laugh at a comment on facebook saying is the 11th band Zebrahead

DeRRek likes this.
  6. Iain

Regular

[​IMG]

DeRRek likes this.
  7. abear182

Regular

Some very solid additions.... Menzingers, Tiny Moving Parts, The Get Up Kids & Saves The Day.

DeRRek likes this.
  8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Already better than last year

9. DeRRek

Trusted

Glassjaw is great. Saw them at Brixton but missed first 4 songs. Some great tunes missed so I’m sold. The menzingers, tiny moving parts and trophy eyes. Really don’t see the hype of that band knocked loose. Saw them support ETID on UK tour and they weee awful. Just my opinion.

10. Jake W

Yeah Knocked Loose are dreadful

DeRRek likes this.
  11. simonthebutler

Regular

Early 2000s Emo stage would be great!

DeRRek likes this.
  12. DeRRek

Trusted

The beautiful mistake returning for something like that would make my life!

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Surprised i'm not on this tour @Shrek

14. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

it took me too long to figure out this joke

15. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Knocked loose is the most overhyped band ever. The only people who are into are people who’ve literally never heard hardcore.

DeRRek and Jake W like this.
  16. emlantzy

Regular

i just have to laugh

DeRRek likes this.
  17. DeRRek

Trusted

Bargain! Haha. I’m tempered to go next year however my friends aren’t completely sold on lineup yet. Will wait and see what other bands get announced and hope it’s enough to convince them. Might be a bit extreme to go to the festival myself when I also live in Scotland. I don’t mind going to gigs myself but a festival that is like 5/6 hour drive away might be too far haha

18. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Isn't that a good thing, though? Like, if someone gets into hardcore because of Knocked Loose, that's great. Getting into a genre of music doesn't mean having to go to the beginning like everyone else.

19. Windowsdown

Man, they need to announce some more bands. I don't care about any of the Punk in Drublic bands and I'm not ready to book a room and plane tickets just to see The Menzingers and Turnstile.

20. DeRRek

Trusted

I’ve been the last 2 years but can’t convince my friends to go this year. There are a lot of decent bands this year IMO. I really want to see Glassjaw again. Saw them at Brixton last year but missed first 4 songs because UBER are terrible. Was so gutted because I missed tip your bartender and John Lennon in those 4 songs. I’m still trying to convince my friends to go. Not travelling down from Scotland on my own for it though, haha.

21. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Pretty sweet lineup. I didnt even notice the two headliners when I saw the poster. Thought nofx nfg and b religion were the headliners

22. Windowsdown

Yeah this is starting to look really good. They're supposedly going to announce a second heavy stage, probably a bit more metalcore-ish, but I'm hoping for a few more hardcore bands. If the last few announcements could feature a couple of big pop-punk bands à-la Basement / Boston Manor it'd be awesome as well.

I'm definitely going.

DeRRek likes this.
  23. simonthebutler

Regular

This is an insane lineup. Plain White Tees and Hellogoodby added plus 8 more being announced today [​IMG]

24. Jake W

Best line up in years

Huge for Employed To Serve

25. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

That’s a fire lineup