Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slam Dunk Festival 2018 Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by DeRRek, Nov 15, 2017.

1. DeRRek

Trusted

Say anything the only band out of the 4 that I’m happy with. Shit otherwise. They haven’t replaced Thursday in my eyes

2. 5Stories

Regular

Omg the lineup to this thing is not getting any better. Why did I already buy a ticket.

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'm so glad I didn't rush into buying one because of Thursday lol

DeRRek likes this.
  4. Iain

Regular

I could pretty much stay at the Monster Stage all day (JEW, TBS, Twin Atlantic, Say Anything, The Audition, Dangerous Summer). The only bands i am not interested in on that stage are Moose Blood and Lower Than Atlantis.

I love taking back sunday but they have always been hit or miss for me live so could see myself ducking out to PVRIS (also, not the best live in my experience) or Goldfinger.

DeRRek likes this.
  5. DeRRek

Trusted

Definitely seeing say anything, I’ve never seen Taking Back Sunday or Jimmy Eat World live but they clash with ETID and I’ve only seen them once and it was one of the best gigs I’ve been to so can’t see myself missing their set. I’ll decide on the day though.

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm going to all three but it seems Monster if the best stage for me as the only band I dislike musically there is The Audition.

I suspect I'll see Jimmy Eat World x2, Good Charlotte, Taking Back Sunday x2, PVRIS, Frank Carter, Lower Than Atlantis, State Champs x2, Creeper x2, Say Anything, The Dangerous Summer x2, Counterparts, Trash Boat, Broadside, Can't Swim, Knuckle Puck and Grayscale.

DeRRek likes this.
  7. simonthebutler

Regular

After set your goals and Thursday dropped out I decided not to bother this year. As great as the festival is it seems a little bit stale (a ludicrous thing to say I know, given the headliners have never played before). The only band I haven’t seen before and would watch is four year strong acoustic and that isn’t enough to get me to go. We have bought a day ticket for the Sunday of Leeds festival instead and although there are less bands I would actively go to see there is more variety and more bands that I haven’t actually seen live.

DeRRek likes this.
  8. DeRRek

Trusted

Thursday pulling out was a massive disappointment for me too. There are still many I’d like to see though. I have seen a lot of the bands that are playing. I don’t think they’ve done a good job of replacing Thursday either.

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is tomorrow. I'm pretty excited even though the lineup isn't as good as recent years. I'm at all three dates too.

DeRRek likes this.
  10. DeRRek

Trusted

See you at Leeds then, haha. Currently on the road down from Scotland. Enjoy everyone! ETID is a MUST!!!!!!!

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

my friend is driving us up from Northants tomorrow morning aha. Then back again tomorrow night. Then whe's driving us down to Hatfield and back. Finally he's driving us to Birmingham and back haha. Poor man offered to do this but I think he may regret it!

DeRRek likes this.
  12. DeRRek

Trusted

He will definitely regret that, haha.

13. Iain

Regular

Say Anything merch pics & prices would be appreciated!

14. DeRRek

Trusted

Didn’t get pictures but say anything tshirts were £20.

15. Iain

Regular

This was my first Slam Dunk, and i really enjoyed it. I went to the birmingham one.

The only pain in the arse, was getting a megabus there from Glasgow. Megabus is always a great idea, until you step foot on that hell hole.

DeRRek likes this.
  16. Heartofzinc

Regular

I was at the Birmingham one too. Great day for them to take the trains off that normally go to that venue too haha. Think Twin Atlantic were the highlight for me!

17. Iain

Regular

We ended up getting on one of the busses (free!) pretty sharp so couldn't complain. But yeah, not ideal timing!

I was a massive twin atlantic fan back in the day (a guidance from colour & vivarium days). I was at the front for Dangerous Summer, The Audition, Say Anything and Twin Atlantic, and the people we spoke to were basically all their for twin. I didnt realise how big a pull they had now. If I remember correctly, back in the days i referred to they really struggled specifically to draw a crowd in Birmingham for some reason.

I didnt expect The Audition to be as good as they were considering they have been out of the game for a while, and half the band are just filling in (?). But they were a highlight for me!

Frank Carter put on a good show. I am so-so on his music, but he has always put on good shows when i have seen him live.

Highlight was Jimmy Eat World. Those guys are pro's and sounded amazing. I have never been disappointed by them live.

DeRRek likes this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I went to all three and will be posting my review in the CMCS thread in the music forum tomorrow!

DeRRek and Heartofzinc like this.
  19. Heartofzinc

Regular

Yeah we got a bus in the end too! Stupid day to decide to do works though.

Haha yes I remember back in the day Sam being very frustrated with the Birmingham crowds, seems they’ve got a pretty good following here now though.

I missed The Audition! I watched JEW at the end too, also met Jim earlier in the day as well, nice guy!

20. DeRRek

Trusted

I was at slam dunk north. Had a great time. My friend drove us down. Saw loads of bands got drunk and the sun came out too. Every Time I Die were the highlight, managed to catch the last 3 Jimmy Eat World songs after ETID so I was happy about that. Pre party was great. Didn’t have ticket for afterparty though.