Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slam Dunk Festival 2017 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 8, 2017.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Any word on who the"secret special guest" might be?

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Hypothetically, if you could only stay at one of those stages for the entire night, which would you pick?

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Signature 100%

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, Signature and Fireball are both hot fire.

8. xstatesandminds

I will be at Monster and Fireball for most of the day!

9. DeRRek

Trusted

So who's all going to slam dunk his weekend? Also, what bands are you hoping to catch? Hope everyone doesn't have too many bands that they want to see clashing.

10. Paul Beaumont

I'm heading to Midlands. Will be catching these;

AGAINST ME!: 9:45 - 10:45
    THE BRONX: 8:25 - 9:20
    CITIZEN: 6:10 - 6:50
    TURNOVER: 5:05 - 5:45
    CRIME IN STEREO: 4:05 - 4:40
    BLACK FOXXES: 3:25 - 3:55
    SORORITY NOISE: 2:15 - 2:45
    ANDREW MCMAHON IN THE WILDERNESS: 1:30 - 2:05

Pretty gutted that I'll be missing Less Than Jake and The Movielife but I love The Bronx more.

DeRRek likes this.
  11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'm not definitely not going now, but the only band I'm overly sad about missing is Against Me! since I'm seeing Trophy Eyes this week and Citizen/Turnover/Soroity Noise Next Week anyway.

DeRRek likes this.
  12. DeRRek

Trusted

Nice one. I'm definitely going to see turnover. I have to decide whether to see trophy eyes or the Ataris as they both clash :( I'm going to the Leeds date and afterparty too as it's my friend's stag do that we are on so couldn't ask for a better stag do to go on to be honest. Was at Rock am ring last year for a friend's stag do as well. I would mind seeing less than jake too but I saw them last year in Glasgow so not as bothered about that now. I'm narrowing the bands down to who I've already seen etc. to decide. Will prioritise ones I haven't seen unless it's a band I have seen that I know I can't miss. Enter shikari definitely being one of those. Haha.

13. DeRRek

Trusted

I've to decide between the Ataris and trophy eyes on the day as they clash. Tough because I haven't seen either live yet :/

14. xstatesandminds

I'll be at midlands!

1:25-2:00 - Fenix TX @ Fireball
    2:35-3:10 - Trophy Eyes @ Monster
    3:35-4:10 - WSTR @ Monster
    4:35-5:10 - CIWWAF @ Monster
    5:10-5:40 - Homebound @ Rocksound
    5:50-6:40 - The Maine @ Monster
    6:55-7:20 - Reel Big Fish @ Fireball
    7:20-7:55 - Seaway @ Key Club
    8:20-9:10 - The Movielife @ Monster
    9:25-9:45 - Enter Shikari @ Jagermeister
    9:45-10:55 - Bowling For Soup @ Fireball

DeRRek likes this.
  15. DeRRek

Trusted

I'm definitely seeing fenix Tx. Can't wait to see them.

16. DeRRek

Trusted

So did everyone enjoy slam dunk? Everyone's favourite acts of the weekend?

17. xstatesandminds

probably Homebound and Enter Shikari! already can't wait for next year!

DeRRek likes this.
  18. DeRRek

Trusted

Enter shikari were amazing! Never saw homebound. Didn't see anyone at fireball stage. I was at Leeds, my only complaint was that if you went to the fireball stage you had to queue to get back into main arena and because there was a lot of bands I wanted to see at the other stages I decided against going to fireball stage at all. Absolutely loved slam dunk despite that one complaint. Amazing festival. Seriously tempted to go next year.

19. Paul Beaumont

Easily the best Slam Dunk so far for me. Against Me, Crime In Stereo, Black Foxxes and Less Than Jake were the highlights. I watched about 5 minutes of Movielife but the crowd was so small I felt quite bad and then moved on to The Bronx who I only caught one song of disappointingly. Either way, so many amazing acts.

DeRRek likes this.
  20. DeRRek

Trusted

I saw crime in stereo too. Again. Small crowd for them. Also, watched turnover on signature stage. They were great. Enter shikari, bury tomorrow, don broco were great. Trophy eyes too. Gutted I didn't see any bands at fireball. Really wanted to see fenix Tx. But meant having to queue to get back into main arena so didn't bother and was on a stag do so didn't want to leave the group. Haha. Also annoyed that o didn't get to see the Ataris :(

21. Paul Beaumont

I saw both of them, Fenix TX were decent, Ataris were hilariously bad. Was more like a comedy show in places.

22. DeRRek

Trusted

Haha I don't regret not going so much. Heard bowling for soup were bad from some people. All in all though, I loved slam dunk festival. Seriously considering going again next year.