Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skrillex and From First to Last Release “Make War” • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Phillip

BOO

The drums sound so bad. And it sounded like he said "cock strong" before the first chorus, so that's cool I guess.

edit: Oh, that's because he says "Who was that inside you? That made me feel so cock strong?"

2. Yeah something on twitter about how he wasn't aware of the reunion with Sonny and learned that he was out. It was posted at the time they first teased this new song.

ale5875 likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well that's shitty. Guess the band really hasn't learned to be more humble/gracious.

4. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Maybe; I remember they took themselves way too seriously on Warped Tour when Heroine came out.

5. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I don't know if that would be considered "classic" or not, but I think this song would blend perfectly on their self-titled.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yup. Which is just silly but to be fair putting a record out like Heroine following a pretty standard scene record- is a solid accomplishment. I still love Heroine and would buy it on vinyl if it ever got repressed (which rumors are it will this year).

7. sukottokairu

Regular

i really hope they can harness the creativity they had while writing throne to the wolves, while making something that can be toured on successfully. unfortunately what caused most of the hate and break up for this band, was the poor live performances (matt, and manning, could not come close to the album versions). but, throne to the wolves is extremely underrated and easily the band's best album. if they could come close to that, with sonny singing (and hopefully not writing terrible sexual lyrics), this could be huge!

8. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

I see that Derek Bloom is back in the band, but Travis Barker is the drummer on this track.

9. PDPOUTCAST

Hmm I guess no one read my post or listened to the podcast regarding Spencer.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Proof? I'm asking cause I listened to that podcast w/ Matt and he said Derek is back with no mention of Barker.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I did. Glad everything is chill with Spencer.

12. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

13. ale5875

Regular

I just read the complete lyrics to this song -English not being my first language. They are so bad it's embarrassing. :embarrassed:

mattylikesfilms and bptky like this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well fuck me... that's insane. Doesn't sound like Barker at all. Would love to see a video of him recording drums. I didn't believe it till I saw the head of Summerian post about it on IG and say it.

Yeah... I mean... how hard could it be to come up with something a little better lyrically? I don't get it.

15. marceting

Trusted

It really doesn't sound like his style at all. Is this the first song he uses a double bass pedal? I know he'll double up on some stuff in blink but this is a straight up double bass pedals he's playing.

16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I know Travis played on 2nd Sucks (I believe it was that song) for ADTR when they just toured with blink. I'll have to listen to this song again. Be weird to hear Travis playing on this haha.

17. oneeightytwo

Regular

Tbh... Travis was the only reason I actively listened to the song in the first place.

18. dzyjay

Regular

marceting likes this.