Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 97

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

Anyone recommended a good essence? I’ve tried the belif Hungarian water essence since I had a tiny sample, but it’s too out of my price range to buy a full size

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I think this is the best place to ask this, but I’ve begun to have a really hard time finding new “plain” studs for my cartilage piercing. I’ve noticed the last few I’ve bought oxidize faster and irritate my ear quite a bit. Anyone here have any good links on a place to find a higher quality one?

3. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I’ve always had some blemishes and acne but recently I was getting some pretty severe and embarrassing redness on my face so I went to a Dr. finally. She thinks it’s seborrheic dermatitis and prescribed some anti fungal cream. I think maybe it’s helping these but things for me have always come and gone so it’s hard to tell and I’ve still been having some issues. Really sucks, so jealous of people who just have normal skin.

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think I'm going to break down and find a derm. Since I switched birth controls a few years ago my skin has just been a nightmare and it doesn't seem to matter what I use or what I do I think it's just a hormonal issue That won't be resolved with topical products But I don't want to switch back birth controls because my PMS symptoms were Interfering with my life. I'm just tired of looking in the mirror each morning and dreading what new acne will be there and feeling so low from it. August marks my 30th birthday and tbh all I want is decent skin. My acne caused severe self esteem issues as a teen and being almost 30 and still navigating it is so defeating.

5. Carmen SD

Trusted

I bought a lip scrub years ago but never used it. Upon viewing beauty tik toks and a little research I decided to use it. I’ve struggled with dry and peely lips, and terrible at remembering to apply chapstick regularly. Also a chapstick that works for me. One use of lip scrub and my lips feel so soft! I’m hoping to use this 2-3x a week and see if I notice any results

Crisp X and Kiana like this.
  6. Kiana

I have those sebaceous filament things on my nose and nothing has helped so far, but last night I used these strips below and omg. Ive been a fan of the dot acne patches for a while, but this is my first time using the nose one. I slept with it on and when I took it off almost all the blackish grey dots on my nose were gone. They've been there since middle school, so I have not seen my nose clear for like 18 years even after trying various chemical exfoliaters and facials and stuff. It's def just a bandaid type solution cause I assume the sebum will come back and I'll have to use them regularly, but even if I get lazy and don't buy them all the time it was cool to get to see my own regular nose again, even for just a little bit! I like the patches better than the regular hydrocolloid bandages too cause they come off more gently imo. Also they're not blackhead strips so they don't hurt to remove

41D0HB44y1L._SL1080_.jpg

marissalg likes this.
  7. Carmen SD

Trusted

TJ MAXX SKINCARE HAUL!
    I spent wayyy too much on skincare. I did put some stuff back on the self due to the ingredients. And there were a few things I wanted to try out. I did the best I could to look up the item to see if they had good reviews. Couldn’t find any one some.

from top left: the saem Jeju fresh toner, cosrx snail mucin power essence (what I came to look for!), dewytree Aqua deep boosting toner, PRETTYSKIN jeju cica 100 toner, PRETTYSKIN jeju cica 80 ampoule, esfolio honey cleansing foam

bottom left:
    Maske lab sheet masks, innisfree jeju volcanic pore cleansing foam ex, baby bare republic sunstick (I’ve been meaning to find a decent price sunstick, and A’pieu pure block sun cream

5A0424EA-2719-4EAB-B92A-0BB34CA34F7C.jpeg

marissalg, Crisp X and Kiana like this.
  8. Yay! This Cosrx essence has been part of my skincare routine for a couple years now, I got their toner as well and I highly recommend both. I'm less familiar with the rest, even though I've heard good things about innisfree products, but those are great purchases!

Carmen SD and marissalg like this.
  9. marissalg

Trusted

The cosrx pimple patches work wonders for my skin and the snail mucin is really good at hydrating my skin

10. biem Jun 28, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2022)
    biem

I have three main rules about my skin care routine: cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen. Never miss any of those. I also follow skin care suggestions for dry skin, because I have an atopic dermatitis and I need a special care and extra moisturasing for my skin.

11. Carmen SD Jul 2, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2022)
    Carmen SD

Trusted

Got a 12pk of dermaplaning (sp?) razors for $1 at TJMaxx. Waiting to find a good deal on a guasha

edit: they didn’t have the same selection of skincare as they did last time I was there (like less options). My main goal was to find an eye cream. But I came out with some makeup sponges, eye makeup remover, cooling/hot eye pads, and the razors. Also needed a new shower curtain liner. Also Marshall’s has better selection of hats and I wanted to see if I can find the “straw” Hurley bucket hat and I decided to pass on at Marshall’s because no price tag

12. marissalg

Trusted

My chin broke out really bad a few months ago and hadn’t gotten better so I got a facial and got a new routine from my esthetician. My skin was really good when I was on the products she uses (face reality is the brand) it just got pricey so I changed to cheaper brands. I think the Paula’s choice BHA fucked me up and I haven’t been able to recover. We’re doing a 12 week program where every 2 weeks I go to her for a check in and I have a strict routine with the Face Reality products. Fingers crossed it works some wonders! I miss my clear skin

13. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m almost out of my etude house cleansing oil. I’ve seen this Japanese brand cleansing oil that’s suppose to be good on amazon. I know the etude house one comes from the etude store. The Japanese one i can’t tell if it’s legit. Many years ago I bought a cleanser from the same brand at an Asian market. There isn’t many Asian markets near me which sucks. And they’re usually limited in their skincare selection. If I can come across their cleansing oil..:

14. Carmen SD

Trusted

I purchased the Pyunkang Yul essence toner on amazon because it dropped in price and I wasn’t going to lose my chance. I remember when I first saw it, I’m almost certain it was just under $10. Then it increased in price to nearly $20. Kept it in “save for later” in case it dropped again. It did so I bought it and now it’s back up in price. Within like a week. I also purchased more etude house oil cleaner. annoyed that amazon won’t let me write reviews

15. lessard96

It seems to me that you use chemical peels too often , which may not suit your skin type

16. Kiana

I was only using the exfoliant once a week which I dont think is too much, although I guess it just depends on the individual so even tho the internet says it's fine doesn't mean my skin likes it ha. I do think the issue has gotten a bit better since I posted that tho. I've been more consistent about when I use certain products and have been trying to wear less/lighter coverage makeup in general which has helped

17. Carmen SD

Trusted

Target had this L’Oréal bb cream I want to try. It’s $9. Walmart online prices about $6. Target circle has a $2 off in store purchase. Target also price matches Walmart. Gonna try to get this for $4

Kiana likes this.
  18. Carmen SD

Trusted

I have enough face wash to last me like until the end of next year. I have a problem where I’m buy a new one that looks good that I want to try, then I don’t really like it but don’t want to be wasteful so I force myself to use it anyway. I also think I have enough body wash to last me at least another 6 months. I try hard not to impulse buy. I’ve been really good not buying makeup for the past several years because I have so much.

19. Jolllle Oct 16, 2022
    (Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2022)
    Jolllle

Hey guys, I make purchases online quite often and I know that it's really difficult to find a reliable option. The internet is a great place to find anything you need but before you make any purchases, check trustworthy reviews on PissedConsumer website. Use it to avoid scammers, low quality, and bad service.

20. Kiana

My scalp is so dry I hate it. It's dry in general but def in winter. Which is annoying cause my face skin is so oily but my scalp is like the Sahara. I can see big dry flakes in the crown and it's so itchy. I'm trying to look up hair products for scalp treatments but every review has such polarizing results

21. So a good surprise when taking hormones long term for my transition has been my hair switching from smooth to wavy... except I kept growing it out without learning to take proper care of it in the first place. Going back to work in a greasy environment has made them very frizzy and flat and, combined with my coloration, they're now more often very thin and sad looking than they were like 6 months ago, when they were at a shorter length.

Tired of this, I looked up some kind of wavy/curly hair method over the weekend and am going to get started on an actual routine while cutting back on the apparently not good and scalp drying products I'd been using so far. I'm also putting a stop on my coloration because having them in my current color actually puts a spotlight on their so so condition even more. This journey will probably involve some trials and errors but I'm excited to figure out a way to make my hear look great and healthy more regularly.

edit: I feel you regarding the dry scalp and flakes. I've used a couple treatments in the past and they seemed to work in the moment, but it didn't seem like enough as the problem would come back after said treatment was over. I was told in the end the root of the issue could be my anxiety... which isn't reassuring because that's chronic for me. I'm still trying to fix or at least reduce the severity of it.

Kiana likes this.
  22. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

My dry scalp went away when I started using a humidifier. Truly a godsend for skin in the winter. I had tried so many anti-dandruff products and oils and nothing else worked

Kiana likes this.
  23. marissalg

Trusted

I’ve been using the Verb ghost exfoliating scalp serum 1-2 times a week and for me it’s helped with flakes and any build up. I also started using one of those silicone scrubbers and it does a decent job exfoliating. I don’t have any moisturizing products that I’ve used on my scalp that haven’t made me super greasy :/

Kiana likes this.
  24. Carmen SD

Trusted

Dry scalp here. It’s worse after I wash my hair. Especially in the morning

25. Kiana

I started getting my hair cut at ulta and paying with my ulta credit card each time and I'm almost a diamond member now which means my points rack up fast and I get so much money off my purchases, for a haircut I would get either way and it costs about the same as the place I was going to before. And oddly I get more compliments on my hair since switching from a regular salon to the ulta one. It's kinda weird that everyone is just shopping around us but the one at my location is kinda off to the side and the back and behind displays so nobody really watches or anything

skogsraet likes this.