Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 96

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

I’ve given up. I slap some concealer a few places that aren’t behind my mask and some bronzer for eyeshadow and a light mascara. I’ve been wearing masks this entire time but NOW they make my chin break out so bad. So I’m giving my face a little break and taking care of it a little extra on my 3 days off.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have just started wearing makeup semi-consistently again. I am okay walking around without it but I miss bold lipstick and eyeshadow and hate not having that method to express myself so I've started again. Sometimes I only do my makeup from my eyes and above tho lol cause nobody really knows anyway

Richter915 likes this.
  3. Carmen SD

Trusted

I can’t find my olay witchhazel toner anymore :(

4. Carmen SD

Trusted

Anyone here used a silk bonnet for sleep?

anyway, I haven’t colored my hair in maybe 3 or so years. So my hair is mostly “virgin hair”. I can’t stand how it looks unhealthy. I have all these flyways and short ends that stick straight up. It’s embarrassing. It looks like I don’t brush my hair or take care of it. I’m on a tight budget and I can’t afford the extra money for more expensive stuff that may not even work.

5. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’ve been going to my brow girl for years. Due to Covid I stopped going as frequently and I also moved. There’s another location closer by and I’ve been there twice, with the same girl that had good reviews. I just came to say she does such an amazing job with my brows, and makes them on the thinner side (the way I like it). And I think it looks so good

Kiana likes this.
  6. Kiana

When I have a good bangs day they look so cute and immaculate. The other 95% of the time they're such a pain. But man, if that 5% success rate doesn't sway me every time...

7. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I apologized to a patient for having to ruin her good bangs cause I needed to check a spot on her forehead.

I was not forgiven.

8. Kiana

I don't usually cape for NYX liquid liner cause it dries out so fast on me but today I wore the blue epic wear liquid liner and omg I could barely get it off between my makeup remover wash, my regular face wash, and micellar water. Pretty sure some of it is still on. Maybe cause it's waterproof. I try not to get waterproof cause I don't need to be scrubbing and pulling at my eyes but I wanted blue. Looked great all day tho

Crisp X and Carmen SD like this.
  9. Carmen SD

Trusted

Anyone used those stone face roller things? Does it work?

10. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m trying that “slugging” thing, but using non-petroleum petroleum jelly, because I’ve dead in the past that petroleum jelly was considered a harmful ingredient. My face will still be ugly in the morning, but working on hydration for my dry sensitive skin

11. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

I have like $600 in Sephora gift cards I need to use. Anyone have any high end natural finish foundations they recommend?

(the rule attached to this gift card is i have to buy the things I want to try that i would NEVER pay for on my own) I have several things in my cart, just not a foundation. Thanks!

marissalg likes this.
  12. Carmen SD

Trusted

I don’t know if it’s considered “natural finish” (I haven’t shopped at Sephora in a few years), but I liked the Tarte Amazonian clay foundation.

13. Kiana

Not the top of the high end but Nars Always has great foundations and I've been seeing a lot of good things about the light reflecting Foundation as well as the Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful skin foundation

If you wanna yolo With the gift card I would personally would go for the Tom Ford stick foundation. I will say disclaimer I haven't used it because I'm not a millionaire but that's what I would go for if money was no object

emt0853 likes this.
  14. Carmen SD

Trusted

What’s a good budget friendly face sunscreen?

15. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

also interested in this. I’ve really fallen off the sunscreen lately and it’s not good with my anti rejection meds. I’ve been using my Fenty one but I’m almost out

16. Kiana

I like this one. It's very thin and kinda liquidy but I prefer that over the thick ones for my face. I have a thicker neutrogena one right now and it's so heavy and gets in my eyes, but this one never did. I'm gonna go back to it

71ccVAJ7CdL._SL1500_.jpg

emt0853 likes this.
  17. Carmen SD

Trusted

Looked it up. Not a fan of the ingredients :(

18. Kiana

What ingredients are you hoping to avoid? @Richter915 may be able to help!

19. Carmen SD

Trusted

It was hard to find the EXACT one you showed as google has several face sunscreens, but I saw parabens, and I don’t buy anything with parabens in it. Others I usually try to avoid are, mineral oil (as the first few ingredients). I have this app, that I actually haven’t used in a while called “think dirty” and if it’s in their system it’ll show you which ingredients are “dirty” and will give the product a rating.

20. marissalg

Trusted

dior face and body is my favorite high end foundation. Super light weight, buildable coverage, beautiful natural finish

emt0853 likes this.
  21. marissalg

Trusted

I like the Innisfree one, it doesn’t break me out and is only $10. It’s got a paraben/sulfate free formula

22. Carmen SD

Trusted

Where you get yours from? What I see online search starts at $15:verysad:

23. Carmen SD

Trusted

Ok so I was bad and spent $50 at Ulta. I only intended to buy 2 things (the serum and Tony moly cleanser, which I got they last of!), but then I saw some other stuff that looked cool. Plus I also remembered I’ve been wanting the eco tools cleansing pads. Cheers to Ulta for being walking distance to me (but I drive because it’s a heavy traffic area)
    4EB68F30-A4F8-4257-BDC5-B64DA9668F14.jpeg

24. Carmen SD Jan 30, 2022
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2022)
    Carmen SD

Trusted

To add to my post I now already failed my “new years resolution” to use up all of my other products before I buy anything else, but I have one off brand cera ve cleanser that I don’t like but trying to use up. Also I don’t really like my night moisturizer

25. marissalg

Trusted

Hm I swear it used to be $10 but maybe it’s always been $15?