Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 95

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I wore pink lipstick to a graduation party last weekend and someone called me today because her sister loved it and wanted to know what lipstick it was, and it was low-key embarrassing to say it was Jeffree Star

Crisp X likes this.
  2. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m on a tight budget and can’t buy “high end makeup” at the moment. So it’s back to the drug store makeup grind. I’m out of my brow pomade (milani). It was ok. Looking for something different to try that’s food. My elf one I think dried up (hardly used it), or it’s just no good at all. Unless there’s a brow pen/gel/whatever that’s “high end” for about the same price as drug store. My sad budget is under $10

3. Hunt_Morris

Honestly I just went and found cheap dupes for his makeup line and I'm super happy with them. I get it that I paid a lot of money for the actual product back in the day, so I never judge someone who still uses the products. For me it just made a lot more sense and I was fortunate enough to be able to get dupes. Honestly I really wish you could see skincare on the face so people would as me about it, because I've just discovered this new brand MaryAnn Neck Firming Cream and I want to tell about it to anyone who might ask.

4. Carmen SD

Trusted

Has anyone made an at home hair detangler? I saw a “recipe” for one and feel it’s cheaper/more budget friendly than buying detangler from the store each time

5. Kiana

I'm turning into such a bitter bitch "Youths!" Kinda person but I hate when a good product I've been using for years goes viral and then it's sold out for months. Like we're really gonna make Cliniques Black Honey sell out?? In the year 2021? What timeline is this?? Is nothing safe???

Orla likes this.
  6. kassie09

Regular

Does anyone have the dyson air wrap? I think I want it for Christmas. It’s so expensive, but everyone’s hair looks salon quality after they use it sooo..

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

Went to Ulta for the first time in idk how many years. Of course half the customers weren’t wearing masks. I needed more brow gel/cream, something. And morphe has one for $6 and I thought that was a reasonable price. Also they have essence mascara. didnt know you have to create an account to return stuff. Kinda ridiculous if you have a receipt, but w/e I guess. I don’t shop there enough rn to want an account. Where I live no Ulta is in a lesser busy location than where I use to live. Like not so many cars in the parking lot which is nice. It was hard finding a brow shade I liked. Hope I chose one that I liked.

i also got by brows did (at EWC) for the first time in almost 3 months which is embarrassing. The last time I went that long was during first Covid. What put me back was I didn’t have a car for a month and with work and my brow girl not being available when I can go. I went to a location closer then me and booked with a girl that had good reviews on yelp. So there’s that.

8. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

I have terrible brows, they’d fall out in patches I think because of my health. Now that I have a good kidney and my heart is literally perfect, I’ve learned to fill them in! 34 and making progress lol. But for real, it makes such a difference. I should have tried sooner but never felt I could get them right. They atleast look like cousins
    ;-p

Orla and Kiana like this.
  9. Kiana

My brows are getting unruly. I got them waxed for the first time in years recently but I'm lazy and will probably just keep plucking them myself. I have a lot of stray hairs happening rn

10. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

I’m going to be brave. Any tips are welcome. Masked picture was essentially one year ago to the day.

11. marissalg

Trusted

I’ve been getting my brows laminated (essentially permed lol) for a little over a year now and for me it was really worth it. It’s helped my natural shape and the direction of the hair change so I don’t need as many waxes.

12. The worst part about getting my brows waxed is having breakouts for a few days afterwards.

emt0853 likes this.
  13. Kiana

Omg last night I used Olaplex 3 and 8 and my hair has never been this soft like i didn't even know it COULD be this soft. I thought I was destined to have coarse hair forever. I think it was the 3 that did it because I've been using 8 for a while and it's never been this soft. Used it after dyeing my hair and it's so soft and not frizzy at all

Richter915 and kassie09 like this.
  14. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

I've been using 8 once a week since I got my hair actually done and i LOVE it

15. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

OH! and Evo Shape Vixen before drying and im obsessed. keeps my frizzies away all day

Kiana likes this.
  16. Carmen SD

Trusted

What’s a good blackhead eraser cream/serum/wash?

17. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

18. Kiana

Reusable fabric cotton pad things have been so worth it. I use a lot of cotton balls with my makeup and skincare routine and they've paid for themselves not having to keep buying regular ones all the time.

emt0853 likes this.
  19. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Yea! I just bought more from Sephora because I start my job tomorrow so I’ll be using more of them. I have a pouch in the washer now.

Richter915 likes this.
  20. Carmen SD

Trusted

I considered buying some. Eco tools has some I wanted to try. I don’t wear makeup as much as I use to (covid, depression, health). I just wouldn’t know proper washing to clean them and can’t wash very often

21. Kiana

I just throw mine in the washer and dryer with my clothes. Tho it depends on the dryer. My old one would get them stuck in the lint trap sometimes. My current one doesn't have that problem. I have two weeks worth of them since I used to have to use coin operated washer and dryer and didn't wash my stuff as often. Surprisingly the ones I've had have never gotten stained with makeup like I assumed they would either. Always comes out

22. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Carmen SD likes this.
  23. Carmen SD

Trusted

My hair always looks unkempt. I hate it. It looks dull and is flyaway central. I have serums, pomades, and creams, but it still looks awful. I haven’t colored my hair in 3 years so I know it’s not “damaged”. I see other people and their hair is shiny and smooth looking and I look like I can’t take care of my hair

24. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Any retinol containing overnight cream.

Or just plain old nightly adapalene/differin

25. Kiana

Lately I feel like my skin is kinda cakey with makeup and idk why. I use a chemical exfoliant and moisturize twice daily so I don't think it's skin prep issues. I ordered a new beauty blender knockoff hoping it'll work. I haven't used my other in a while cause I feel like it would sometimes take the makeup off instead of help blend it in. So it may look cakey because I don't have a good makeup sponge? Or maybe I just need to use a lighter coverage foundation espesh in the cold winter. That better not be it cause it was expensive!! But now that I think of it, it may be the problem ugh. Maybe I'll mix it with some of my glow recipe dew drops to thin it out.

Okay I think i just needed to type it all out in a messy stream of thought to figure this out lol