Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 94

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

The little razor? It was actually on my list to buy, even tho wax girl didn’t recommended it as treatment (spesh for dark hair). They were all out at Walmart when I last went. Sadly, that Walmart also seemed to lack selection of items. They use to have a larger section of wet n wild compared to my nearest taeget, but their was hardly anything!

2. marissalg

Trusted

This thread hasn’t been used in ages but I just wanted to say I started double cleansing with an oil cleanser and it’s honestly changed my life. My skin is absolutely glowing and my acne has decreased by a lot.

Kiana, emt0853 and Orla like this.
  3. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

which one did you try out?

4. marissalg

Trusted

Balance Deep Pore Cleansing Duo

My esthetician recommended this one with the toner. My dry skin is so much better and my acne has almost disappeared after trying this set.

5. Carmen SD

Trusted

The laser treatment I want is expensive. And they recommended min 3 sessions to achieve desired result. I’m on a tight budget and thinking about dipping into my savings. I feel as it will help my mental help somewhat. It’ll be over 2000$. I’m tired of feeling ugly

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Potentially dumb question but do ppl who contour like... Not have oily skin?? When I see people contour their nose especially I feel like it would slide right off my face. Even with setting powder my skin gets so oily by the end of the day. Just got a new face primer and setting spray that hopefully make a difference.

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m jealous of people’s makeup that looks “flawless”, like their skin looks flawless. While I look like an ogre. No matter what technique I try. I just have terrible skin

8. I want to dye my hair for the first time but all the Good Dye Young colors I want are out of stock :verysad:

9. kassie09

Regular

Okay how do these kids on TikTok do their makeup so flawlessly. I keep buying the products and watching tutorials but I can't do it! Some of their before/afters don't even look like the same girl. I want that!! Maybe it's youth lol.

10. Kiana

Filters and a ring lot also. I have to really convince myself not to buy products just because of tiktok because I KNOW it won't do that for me. And products will go trendy and viral for a few months but then it'll shift to the next miracle product. I've tried some out just when I need to replace old products anyway, but tbh the creators who are transparent about the filters and lighting that show all their texture and stuff make me feel better. Like I was enthralled by the viral KVD good apple foundation but was also tired of just seeing it on posts that obviously had enhancements. A girl showed hers with everything off and it was so patchy and clinging to her dry skin. Rly helped remind me that it's just foundation and not a life changing miracle that I have to try

11. kassie09

Regular

As someone who has been on the search for the perfect redness covering foundation for dry skin since I was 16, the KVD posts had me immediately trying to find it, but it was all sold out. I saw a few posts recently of it a few hours later with no filter and how patchy and separated it was from being so oily. I had a feeling when I saw what it looked like it would crease and come off and look terrible, but I was so compelled to try it. I’m really glad I didn’t now!

12. Kiana

Tbh I used to mock the term "influencer" but I've come to terms that I'm so easily influenced on those apps. I bought from the sephora sale and had a pallette in there that I realized was only on my radar because I saw it on tiktok and it looked stunning on the creator who had great lighting and a filter. I had to think long and hard about if I actually even wanted those colors, and I had to remember that if I used it it wouldn't look flawless like that with big beautiful falsies and stuff. I'm sure it'd have looked decent but like did I really want those colors or did I want to look like the girl in the video??

Anyway yeah it's a struggle lol. And I've bought several beauty products because of tiktok. Most recently the watermelon glow toner from glow recipe and some of the air dry hair products from sally's

kassie09 likes this.
  13. marissalg

Trusted

I’ve tried a few things like mascara or skincare from tiktok and haven’t found any new products I love. Their tips on blush application are great though, I love it higher on my cheeks.

kassie09 likes this.
  14. First time trying out nail polish went about as well as I expected, which is to say it was a disaster haha. I'm so clumsy I ended up having to remove it entirely. Welp, I really only wanted to use this as a learning experience, so I guess I got what I wanted out of it haha

I signed up for the waiting list for a few of them and the red one was back in stock so I ordered it + the lightening kit ahhh I'm excited

This is the first post that comes up when searching the forums for "good dye young" haha. I got the semi-perm so hopefully I'll have a better experience

15. Kiana

Haha I would hope it was just the poser paste. I would try their regular dye!

16. I tried to cover up my facial hair with a 2-in-1 foundation and concealer but idk what I'm doing those words mean nothing to me and I think I got the wrong shade. It just felt wrong so I washed it off.

I guess at this phase I'm still experimenting and trying to figure out whether I even like makeup or not, and wouldn't wear it out until I feel like I know what I'm doing, but I could use some tips.

Maybe I shouldn't be doing this when I'm already having a bad dysphoria day

17. marissalg

Trusted

just know that everyone’s makeup looked not great when they first started doing it. I thought I was doing such a great job at first but really I was wearing the wrong shade and not blending and wearing too much highlighter. I’d recommend trying out a subscription box like Sephora or allure! they have good quality samples and you can play with so many different things to see what works for your skin/face specifically. after a year of those I definitely found some good products that I still use.

Kiana likes this.
  18. Kiana

The first time I tried wearing eyeshadow ppl asked if I had a bruised eye lol because I just used a q tip and this drugstore maroon eyeshadow all around my eyes.

Youtube tutorials are a god send! I rly like Lisa Eldridge for good basic tutorials. She's a legit makeup artist and not just a youtuber whose makeup only looks good on camera with a ring light

Just remember a lot of ppl on YouTube or tiktok tutorials do makeup that looks good on camera NOT real life. But I think Lisa is a good starting point

Richter915 likes this.
  19. This thread is going to be helpful now that I'm learning how to apply makeup in general. I tried uh... doing the full thing for the first time a couple weeks back, and it was a mess fff. When I saw myself in the mirror afterwards, I felt good though. I picked up a few things since so I'm going to give it another try tomorrow and then as often as possible. I feel like figuring out my skin type and then trying to master one thing at a time first should be my priorities. I really want to get good at eye make up for some reason.

Kiana likes this.
  20. Kiana Apr 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2021)
    Kiana

Not that anyone asked but I think the most effective and simple eyeshadow tips is ALWAYS use eye primer. Prevents it from creasing and looks more pigmented and polished. I've used urban decay primer potion for like 15 years but I'm sure there are other things on the market now. That was the go to back then and I've just kept with it. I recently bought the elf eye primer and it works but I'm going through it so much faster than the urban decay. The urban decay lasts forever.

And lining your top lid. Makes everything look polished and complete. I started out with a gel pot liner and an angled brush. I use liquid now but the gel was easier for a beginner to control whereas liquid took more practice.

Crisp X and kassie09 like this.
  21. kassie09

Regular

I know that exact primer you’re talking about, I use it too.
    I freak myself out sometimes about products being too old though, even if they’ve never touched my skin. I still use my OG naked palette from 2010 though

Kiana likes this.
  22. Kiana

I still use my urban decay book of shadows volume 1 palette which predates the naked palette and is discontinued :teethsmile:

If it smells fine and isn't chalky I usually call it good :seeno:

marissalg likes this.
  23. kassie09

Regular

Omg okay I don’t even know that that is this makes me feel way better. I was like wow does anyone use makeup this old!? But it’s fine and not chalky at all! It seems fine to me tbh.

24. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m guilty of using old makeup too. I have so many eyeshadow palettes, there is no need for me to buy more. I stopped wearing makeup when I was going through severe depression from my breakup with my ex. Then covid happened and nothing was open, face masks. Chronic fatigue syndrome. I just don’t have the energy to apply it everyday. I feel insecure tho when I do because I feel like I do an awful job and I look like a man with makeup on; in the way where they’re just fucking around and “costume makeup”- best way I can describe it. There are guys who can make their makeup look on point and I’m jealous like show me your ways. Part of the reason I don’t mind wearing a mask because it covers half my face. Even tho I hate all aspects of my face I think I hate my jawline more and the masks covers it

25. Kiana

Used to never let anything scented touch my skin but okay I'm too obsessed with this because it smells so good and I haven't noticed any adverse reactions

7133FHn+a-L._AC_SX425_.jpg