Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 92

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. kassie09

Regular

my mouth fell open when I read this!! I have been team Sephora forever but I live way way closer to an ulta than Sephora these days... guess I gotta switch to team ulta cause holy shit this would never happen at Sephora!!!

Jams and GrantCloud like this.
  2. Jams

Trusted

I used to do more shopping at Sephora bc I do like a lot of the brands they carry but ulta’s rewards program is just soooo much better. Only bad thing is points expire unless you’re platinum but my mom uses my account too so I have no trouble staying platinum. They also constantly send me coupons (way more often than Sephora). I get a 20% off coupon every couple months. They also do a lot of points multipliers on certain days/certain brands. I basically never buy anything unless I absolutely have to unless they are doing like 5x points or something. Also if you are platinum they have 10x points 1 day every August on select brands. The ulta beauty brand is always included so that’s when I stock up on their cotton rounds, cotton balls, etc. If you know how to shop smart there you can rack up points really easily.

kassie09 likes this.
  3. Jams

Trusted

God dammit Ulta!! I was just in here telling everyone how great you are and then you go and raise the amount you gotta spend to be platinum!?!? It’s $500(!!!!) now! Maybe it’s only $50 more but that’s a lot of money to my broke ass!! My mom does use my account and I’ve mostly switched over from Sephora but idk if I’ll get to platinum this year. Then I’ll have to really watch my account bc I am not letting my points expire!

4. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I was super disappointed when I got that Ulta email this morning, too :-/

Jams likes this.
  5. marissalg

Trusted

if it makes you guys feel any better Sephora had a sale where you had to use 1000 points to get 15% off lol. I’m rouge again and there’s really no benefit making it worth it.

6. marissalg

Trusted

595065A1-E21C-4CAA-9FCC-FA5A74EC4F7E.jpeg

This is the best face mask I have ever used. My skin is a disaster from winter and this hydrates it and also works extremely well as an overnight spot treatment for acne.

supernovagirl and Kiana like this.
  7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Guy I'm seeing admitted instead of using any hair styling products he just wears a hat while his hair is wet to get it to lie flat and then he takes off the hat when it dries. Like he intentionally chooses to have hat hair. I cannot. Idk how men even function on a daily basis. Now looking for styling products.

Richter915, Dirty Sanchez and mad like this.
  8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve done that before lol.

Richter915 likes this.
  9. Just went to a hairstylist instead of the typical hair salons for the first time, and well... looks like I have a lot of work to do dd. He almost made me feel like I was back to school, not in a condescending way btw. Fixing the mess I've done with my scalp (= dandruff through years of misuse of shampoo/hair products) is my first goal.

10. Kiana

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I did the hat thing too for like, a decade. I refused to use product until about four years ago...and my wife is a hairstylist.

To this day, I hate how my hair gets all, for lack of a better term...frizzy after it dries after a shower, so I would put a hat on, and it'd give my hair a more greasy/oily look. I know it doesn't make much sense, but I certainly understand the method.

Years ago, one of my best best friends opened up his own barbershop and he carries the Layrite product line so I started using the original pomade. I would definitely recommend this stuff. Been using it daily for years now.

Layrite Pomade

Kiana likes this.
  12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oh my GOD how is that such a popular thing to do???

Kiana likes this.
  13. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I know at least a handful of guys that did that in high school/early twenties.

14. Kiana

supernovagirl likes this.
  15. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Lol I do the opposite of hat. I shower then comb my hair to the left, after drying it I comb it to the right. Gives it just a little more volume.

jorbjorb likes this.
  16. Kiana

Ciate London got me with a flash sale. They have their glitter flip liquid lipstick things for cheap and I caved. I love those things.

17. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

I'm finally using all the hair and skincare samples from Birchbox I've been hoarding. Bought a mask kit from BB, then traded my box for the same kit, that has some really nice products. Every shower has been like spa day.

18. marissalg

Trusted

C2F737C4-40F8-4912-A251-F1FC8A8F2363.jpeg The girl who does my brows posted she’s doing zoom skincare consults and then free local delivery for the products she carries. I’m so excited to try all of this! She included a mini at home facial too since the one I had scheduled got cancelled.

19. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Never heard of face reality, what's your experience been with them?

20. marissalg

Trusted

First time using them but my friend has great skin and loves everything from their line so I thought I’d give it a shot! I just used the mandelic acid cleanser which was nice and gentle but my skin felt clean after and the cranberry peptide lotion which absorbed easily and my skin feels moisturized. I’m trying to get rid of some of my acne/dark spots and just smooth out my skin. I’m hopeful that the mandelic acid in the serum and cleanser will help me in that area.

Richter915 likes this.
  21. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Since working from home I’m not bothering styling my hair anymore and it’s starting to get too long to do anything with it that wouldn’t require too much product anyways. Basically I just want a haircut. Debating sharing my head.

22. I would love some

23. Kiana

I guess this quarantine is going to force me to grow out my bangs

24. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

My acne is so bad lately and being home with no makeup on is gonna send me into a spiral. I switched birth controls like 7 months ago and after being on the same pill for a long time and had subsided so much of my acne problem, I forgot how bad my hormonal acne is. Having hormones and period is bullshit. No amount of cleanliness can stop it as it’s all based on hormones and I hope I adjust to the switch soon cause good lord it’s bad

25. Kiana

Ugh same thing happened to me when I switched birth controls. I was ready to give up and switch back but it finally got managed almost a year (!!!) Later

thesoftskeleton likes this.