Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 89

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’ve been using the olay witch hazel toner and idk what it’s doing for my skin, but the scent is pleasant and I like the feel of it as I apply it. That is all

Richter915 likes this.
  2. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Just curious have any of you gotten chemical peels before? If so, what type and how was it?

3. Carmen SD

Trusted

So many deals on skin care and makeup products going on and I’m very tempted to buy. I have so much and it’s getting more cluttered each time I buy that’s I’m trying really hard to downsize. Eventually I want to end up with one moisturizer I can use both day/night. Right now I have one day moisturizer and 2 different night moisturizer (almost out of one of them). I also have a gel mask I haven’t used yet but got it bc it was on sale. Also trying to cut down on one of each makeup item, which is going to take FOREVER since I rarely wear makeup at work. Ok rant over

4. Carmen SD

Trusted

So I've been using the tarte drink of h2o moisturizer for a few weeks now and I'm not impressed :-/ it seems to make my face feel dry. I do like how it feels as it goes on my skin, feels lightweight. I have an aloe vera gel one form nature republic that I'm going to try after tarte is gone

5. Kiana Jun 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2019)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have $80 off at Ulta but I've been wearing less makeup lately! I love a good MAC lipstick, otherwise I need to do some research

Edit: ok I got two Mac lipsticks, a Clinique moisturizer, a face mask, and a new pack of those lil acne blemish patches. Didn't use all my points but I've been making it a point not to buy stuff just for the sake of buying stuff. I think I'm going to save up any additional points for holiday/birthday shopping for others.

6. Kiana

As soon as I placed my order I realized i actually need conditioner and should've bought that :chin:

Richter915 likes this.
  7. marissalg

Trusted

Got my first fab fit fun box (the podcast ads finally got to me) and honestly such a good deal. I got a Coola setting spray with SPF and that alone is almost the price I paid for the whole box.

8. marissalg

Trusted

I just randomly got $15 off $50 or more from Sephora !?!? Buying the amore pacific enzyme powder I was eyeing

Richter915 and Kiana like this.
  9. Kiana

I wish I could master the high ponytail. My hair is so thick I feel like gravity just like... Pulls it down and it ends up all loose. But like obv there are ppl with hair thicker than mine who can do it. Heavy sigh.

10. Kiana

I kinda regret not getting a good makeup remover when I used my Ulta points lol. Wipes are so bad for the environment and don't even get it all off. I need to look into balms or something

11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

@Kiana if you’re looking for recs garnier’s micellar cleansing water is the best makeup remover I’ve ever used, not expensive either

Kiana likes this.
  12. janexo

Regular

ive been using the emma hardie cleansing balm for about 6 years and it is soooooooo good. its a bit pricey but it lasts for ages as u only need a tiny amount of balm and it emulsifies

Kiana likes this.
  13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

first time getting my makeup done professionally :lips:
    31064BE0-DFEE-4FBB-9CBD-9D02980AD292.jpeg

jorbjorb, janexo, Richter915 and 3 others like this.
  14. Kiana

mad likes this.
  15. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Brows on point @mad

mad and Richter915 like this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. Kiana

My skin is mostly clear but there is some texture on my cheeks I can't quite get rid of. Ordered The Ordinary's AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution to see if that helps. I've began wiping down my phone more regularly and I'm gonna wash my pillowcases and makeup brushes soon to see if either is the culprit

I've been getting facials hoping that'll give me the glowy skin I crave. It does make my skin super hydrated and it's wonderfully relaxing but doesn't do much to actually clear my skin.

18. Carmen SD

Trusted

Almost out of my drink of h2o moisturizer. I honestly didn’t care for it. Won’t purchase again. The only thing I liked was the lightweight feel and light scent. Anyway I’m in search of a reasonably priced moisturizer. Drug store or maybe other. I can’t afford “high end” anymore. Would like something under $12

19. marissalg

Trusted

I’ve been using the Sephora collection all day hydrator and I really love it. Super light weight and absorbs nicely. I have combination skin and haven’t been getting super oily on my t-zone since I started using it. They have a 1oz bottle for $9 and honestly a little goes a long way if you wanna try it.

20. Kiana

I got the Clinique take the day off cleansing balm and I rly like it so far. Finally feels like something is actually taking my makeup off all the way and leaves my skin rly soft. I am liking my Clinique gel moisturizer too. Thankfully I have the Ulta credit card that gives me money off at Ulta so I don't actually have to pay the full Clinique prices. Idk if I'll repurchase the moisturizer when it runs out because it's good but not like mind blowingly good, but I def think I'm gonna keep the cleansing balm in my routine

21. marissalg

Trusted

Sephora is doing a 20% off summer sale for VIB and Rouge starting 8/19 oh god. Code is SUMMERSAVE

22. Kiana

Loving the ordinarys peeling solution. It's rly helping the scarring and texture on my cheeks. I had been getting facials once a month or every other month but I honestly feel like the peeling solution is addressing more of my concerns, so the product was cheap and I no longer feel the need for expensive facials. I am a bit worried because I switched birth controls and my doctor warned that the one I was previously using did more to address acne so I may see an uptick in breakouts. So we'll see if my hormonal acne starts acting up. For now things are going ok tho

23. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Just stay away from mirena.

I suggest YAZ or Ortho tricyclen

24. Kiana

Yaz is what I was on before. Now I'm on one where like every week has a different dosage of hormones or something?? To hopefully combat my pms symptoms

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

Starting to use my Vichy double glow peel mask. I only bought it because it was on sale for $6 (original $20). I need to use up all my clutter.