Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 86

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

So is there other stuff I should work into my skincare routine? honest question

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Psh asking the wrong person, my skincare is extremely minimal haha but others in here prob have some advice!
    It also depends on what your skin is doin and what you want to get it to do

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  3. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Idk where my skin's even at rn lol besides the fact I have minimal acne now.

supernovagirl likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Oh eyelashes, falsies can also mean something else

5. Jams

Trusted

I hate my greasy hair. I've been washing it every other day instead of daily for months now and it's still just as greasy as always. I gotta use so much dry shampoo to make it look semi-clean. And my scalp is now covered in acne :redanger:I hate washing it daily bc it's honestly a pain but I can't deal with this shit anymore.

6. marissalg

Trusted

TBH the main thing I think people are missing from a skincare routine is sunscreen.

Keri, K0ta and supernovagirl like this.
  7. Mason

Regular

[​IMG]
    Started using this before my face moisturizer (with 20 spf) and so far I am loving it. I have really dry skin in the T area and oily skin everywhere else, which makes my routine sometimes difficult to balance.

Richter915 likes this.
  8. Since reading this thread I added an spf moisturizer to my routine and I feel better about it. Thanks to all who talked about it here! Recently I got a night cream with hyaluronic acid in it. Before I was using the thick nivea cream, which I still do. I probably don't exfoliate as much as I should though. :teethsmile:

9. marissalg

Trusted

Running low on so many things but trying to last until the Sephora April sale whenever that may be. I might grab an essence but I’m already so extra and use like 10 diff products in my skincare routine daily.

10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

@Richter915 or anyone else hanging around who might know, are non surgical injections worth it over plastic surgery? I have a rly weak chin and jaw that gives me a double chin, but the commitment and recovery time of legit plastic surgery freaks me out and just seems kinda drastic. I've been googling different things like kybella or coolsculpting which is done in my area, but idk how worth it is. Like obv if I did anything I'd have a consultation but idek where to start rly. Also like as a feminist it's rly frustrating to see all this BS targeted towards women and even more frustrating that I'm like GIMME. sigh.... But my jaw and chin area gives me so many insecurities

11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

can't wait to go to ulta on tuesday and stock up on first aid face pads!!!!!!

Kiana likes this.
  12. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

First iirc your jaw/chin area looks great as is but that's from my eyes, if you're not happy you do you to get happy

As for non surgical options of the chin and jawline I am 10000% on the kybella train. It's super safe but just be warned you'll have some bruising in the area for a few weeks. From experience with friends and patients, it sculpts the jawline while keeping it looking feminine. It's truly amazing. You have to actually have some fat there for it to work, it doesn't work as well on "loose" or sagging skin.

Kiana likes this.
  13. marissalg

Trusted

Sephora sale starts April 26th!

Mayra likes this.
  14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

That's prob cause I don't post pics or anything from my weak jaw angle!! Basically profile pics of me don't exist lol. Idk i think there's some fat there but I also suspect it's my jaw placement? I have TMJ issues and an overbite and I think that contributes to the issue as well

15. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Hmm ok so from what I see you have more prominent jowls than you probably like so that could benefit from non-invasive tightening. I would lean towards kybella as a first try. You already have good cheeks so I wouldn't do a cheek lift with filler...basically deep placement of Radiesse around your cheek bones gives you some lift.

With TMJ sometimes there is some prominent jaw clenching and that can lead to overgrowth of the masseter muscle so botox can give you some benefit with that.

If you have kind of a naturally downturned smile, like your baseline is to look like you're making sad lips...you could inject those muscles to give you a bit of lift.

Last possibility is botox of the muscles around your neck, it's called the platysma, injection here could prevent pulling down on your jaw...but I never use it for that, it's mostly for old women who have turkey neck.

So there's a lot of non-surgical options. If those fail and it's all ultimately because of your jaw structure (which it doesn't look like it is) then that would require plastic surgery.

Kiana likes this.
  16. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Love the SPF moisturizer! Make sure it's at least spf 30! Personal favorite for spf moisturizer is cerave am

CeraVe AM Face Moisturizer with Sunscreen, SPF 30 | Ulta Beauty

Keri likes this.
  17. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

If you have t-zone dryness and flakiness you might have some mild seborrhea, consider doing t-gel or t-sal shampoo a few times a week as a face wash in the shower. Just remember to moisturize afterwards since it can dry you further at first.

18. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

So the scalp should not get acne, you likely have a bit if pityrosporum folliculitis, it flares on a seasonal basis usually and it may or may not relate to greasy hair. You can try the below soap to wash your hair a few times a week just make sure you have a good, fragrance free conditioner for after (I suggest free and clear)

Amazon.com : SAL3 Salicylic Acid Sulfur Soap Bar - Special Wash: Acne, Dandruff, Smelly Scalp and Body, Tinea Versicolor, Oily Skin, Itch, Anti-fungal : Personal Care Products : Beauty

Jams likes this.
  19. supernovagirl

What the fuck I didn’t know we had a damn expert in here

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

skip the balm just use vaseline, plain greasy vaseline

Do not like Burt's. So many people come to office with their lips flared up from it.

21. supernovagirl

GrantCloud likes this.
  22. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

haha I'm a dermatologist. BRING ME YOUR SKIN PROBLEMS I WILL FIX THEM (or at least let you know when you gotta see a doc).

Just going to throw it out there since I need to improve my cosmetic side, feel free to message me selfies if you have certain concerns about basically anything. Multiple pictures help: a straight on, one from each side, and a zoomed in on any specific lesions (like, wtf is this blemish???). Make sure it's well lit but don't use the flash on your phone.

I know a great deal about cosmeceuticals, over the counter skin therapies, laser rejuvenation, dermatologic surgery, botox, filler, peels, microneedling, PRP, pigmentation/dyschromia, hair loss/alopecia, etc.

23. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

24. supernovagirl

You might be able to shed some light then though! Thank you!!!
    I’ll try to take some good pics in the sunlight tomorrow.
    But basically I suspect I have really mild rosacea??
    Or maybe I should say- I have some redness and idk why lmao

25. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Do it! There's a whole chapter in my book called "the red face", it can be so many different things.

In your message give a bit a history, what you've tried, how long it's been around, etc.