Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 85

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

What’s the best clarifying shampoo that isn’t too expensive ? !

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I wanna try microblading but nobody around here does it. Google tells me I'd have to drive an hour away at least. I'd also love to get winged eyeliner tattooed but I'm scared lol cause every time I see examples of tattooed makeup it's like a middle aged lady getting these super thick raccoon lines around her eyes like no thanx. But man if I didn't have to fill my brows or put on eyeliner that would save me like half of my makeup routine.

3. Mayra

I used to use the Pantene one years ago, and it almost left my hair too clean.

4. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Ever had a day start off wrong because your makeup decided to pill? -_-;; I can't tell if it's my moisturizer or sunscreen but those are the only differences in my routine in the last few weeks. I really spent over 30 minutes just layering products this morning but either I didn't give enough time for certain products to sink in or it's the fault of one of the aforementioned products.

5. marissalg

Trusted

My friend told me he bought a charcoal face wash that also has moisturizer in it I was like oh honey no. His face is so dry now because of it. It just baffles me how some guys don’t use any moisturizer on their face ever.

6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Some?? I feel like........vast majority....lol

Edited to add: I know it’s kinda a joke almost st this point but it’s obviously true that men are conditioned to not put too much effort into their appearance/hygiene/etc so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My ex had flaky skin on his forehead/nose and after showering I would be putting on my moisturizer and be like here let me just put the excess from mine on your forehead and he was like...backing away from it like what is that?? I’m like for Christ sake it’s moisturizer??? So you aren’t so damn flaky???

mercury, marissalg and K0ta like this.
  7. Kiana

I had an ex who complained that his hair was dry and fluffy and he didn't know why, and then he admitted to me he didn't use conditioner.

I will run after people with sunscreen too like WEAR IT PEOPLE. I just bought sunscreen in the middle of a winter blizzard and I have no regrets!! If I'm with a guy he will be using sunscreen believe me!!

marissalg, K0ta and supernovagirl like this.
  8. K0ta

My bf won't even wash his face, like ever. And I have to tell him to brush his teeth like he's a kid!! Ima snap one day I swear.

supernovagirl and marissalg like this.
  9. marissalg

Trusted

I was staying at my friend’s house with like 6 guys and found out none of them wash their feet when they shower. They all said because the soapy water fell on their feet, it counted as washing.

mercury and supernovagirl like this.
  10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

working at bath and body works is pretty much the only reason I started using anything other than shampoo/conditioner and body wash

supernovagirl likes this.
  11. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

As a formerly stupid dude when it comes to certain parts of my hygiene, this speaks to me. My face routine for years was simply to use a Dove bar of soap on my face in the shower out of complete ignorance. Barely ever moisturized and had terribly dry skin all the time with pretty bad oiliness and acne (I wonder why). Luckily I've seen the light and have implemented a bunch of Lush products (moisturizer, toner, primer, and an exfoliating face wash) into my routine now and my skin has never been happier.

That feet stuff is gross though, wash those stinkers.

supernovagirl and marissalg like this.
  12. supernovagirl

Thats great!! ^

But yeah I mean it’s easy to laugh and roll your eyes at bc it’s like hi hello you’re an adult I shouldn’t have to teach you basic hygiene
    But sadly no one DOES teach them. Old fashioned conservative types obviously think any type of self care makes you gay, so they don’t teach their boys anything
    Men’s media certainly doesn’t ever talk about it the way women’s media is bombarded with products

It’s like men aren’t even pitched the bare minimum of hygiene and self care products but women are pitched above and beyond what they need to make them think everything on thems a flaw.

13. Kiana

Hey at least if youre gonna go the bar soap route, dove is a pretty good option! I know some ppl who wash their face with that. Wish I could use it on mine and save some $$$ lol

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Big facts

Take ur masculinity elsewhere

15. K0ta Mar 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 6, 2019)
    K0ta

1551741303393911283990198892601.jpg

Skin is getting better continuously but my routine still has gaps. Gonna see if this works as a nighttime moisturizer. Want to add retinol but after buying it saw that this has a very tiny amount; guess we will see how it goes!

16. Kiana

I got my hair dyed today but I don't like it oop. It's hair so it's whatever, but I think my hair is just too dark to do what I want without bleaching it. I wanted like a natural warm coppery brown but it's more of an unnatural cool tone mixed with my hair that's already nearly black. I mean I'm living my emo teen fantasy but not what I had in mind lol

17. Kiana

I am getting rid of my makeup vanity thing and I was so anxious to get rid of it and downgrade to something smaller but now I'm like oop what do I do with all my junk? I just got rid of a ton of stuff a few months ago!

IMG_20190310_214044.jpg

K0ta and supernovagirl like this.
  18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Dudes that need a good face wash/moisturizer, definitely recommend Brickell products.

Mason and GrantCloud like this.
  19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

what do you all suggest for lip balm?

I’ve been using EOS for a long time but it’s starting to not feel like it does anything. A lot of my friends have suggest Burt’s Bees at the best one.

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I’m also on the hunt for a good lip balm

21. marissalg

Trusted

I’m not huge on Burt’s. It just feels like it’s sitting on my lips and not actually sinking in. I love Jack Black’s intense lip therapy balm or Rosebud Perfume Co’s minted rose lip balm for cheaper options. I splurged and got a Fresh sugar advanced therapy lip treatment and love it. I use it every night before bed and my lips are sooo soft.

22. Kiana

I need to master falsies. The old falsies I'd wear sometimes I didn't have trouble putting on but they're too drama for everyday use. I haaaate mascara so I'd like lashes that add some volume but look natural. The new ones I got looked good but I struggled to get them on. Idk if it's just cause they're different or I'm out of practice or what, but I am rejecting all eye makeup until I figure it out!!

23. supernovagirl Mar 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2019)
    supernovagirl

Hahah okay I literally was soo bad at falsies and people were like just practice and I was like mad cause every time I would fuck up my eye makeup which made me not want to practice
    Anyway Sally’s and ulta both had lash sales so I stocked up and started trying to use them more and I can proudly say the last few times I got them on ON THE FIRST TRY.
    They aren’t perfect lol but still that’s such a hugeeee improvement.

TLDR; practice works and I’m proof of it!!

Also I came in here originally to say I’m always hella frustrated that my makeup looks bomb in the close up mirror and then from farther away it looks messy and on top of that I can’t get a single good picture. Ever.

Kiana likes this.
  24. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Dumb man who just started using moisturizer here, I also had no idea using shampoo and conditioner every day on your hair was not ideal lol

supernovagirl likes this.
  25. supernovagirl

That’s okay, many many adults of all genders still haven’t figured that one out.

Mrplum5089 likes this.