Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 84

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've been using the Ordinary hyaluronic acid again and have been told I look brighter! Now that my skin is relatively cleared up I want that inner glow. Gonna hopefully book my first facial soon which I keep saying I'm gonna do and then I forget.

supernovagirl and marissalg like this.
  2. marissalg

Trusted

I started using The Ordinary’s lactic acid treatment because I fell in love with Sunday Riley’s treatment but can’t justify the price. My skin is sooo soft and I notice a difference in my pore size.

3. janexo

Regular

would you say theyre comparable? they had to reformulate good genes in the uk bcos EU regulations changed so when i finish this bottle i am out of luck and i am dreading the day haha

4. marissalg

Trusted

I think the ordinary is a little harsher on my skin and it’s really watery compared to the good genes but overall the results have been similar enough where I’m gonna keep using the ordinary.

janexo likes this.
  5. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Where do you put this in your routine and do you use it every day? Right now I use pixi glow tonic in the morning and stridex in the red box at night but I feel like the glow tonic isn't doing enough for me, and I'm still unhappy with the craters/scarring on my cheeks.

6. marissalg

Trusted

The ordinary has a super helpful guide on their website for how to layer their products! I do it after my serum but before my moisturizer. For me, a combo of a vitamin C serum and the lactic acid helped immensely with scarring/pores.

supernovagirl and K0ta like this.
  7. K0ta

Thank you! I have been using a vitamin c serum and definitely see results but it's slowwwwww. I've been looking at adding something else into my routine for better results and the lactic acid has been on my radar so I will try it out!

marissalg likes this.
  8. marissalg

Trusted

The lactic acid exfoliates so much better than any scrub I would be using and I feel like it’s much less abrasive. I hope it works well for you! Also be sure to use a good sun screen or moisturizer with SPF when you’re doing the lactic acid!

K0ta likes this.
  9. Kiana

I rly wanna minimize the appearance of the pores on my cheeks. They're by the apple part of my cheeks and one side I'd say has a little bit of pit scarring. Not bad but enough that makeup likes to settle into it. Maybe it's all scarring idk. If I schedule a facial I'm def gonna ask. I also have scarring by my nose where I used to get blackheads ugh I wish I could go back and tell teenage me how to not annihilate my skin

marissalg likes this.
  10. marissalg

Trusted

Teenage me fucked up my pores but at least the damage she did to my eyebrows wasn’t permanent.

11. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

My skin on my cheeks is always so red and bumpy I’m pretty sure at this point I have rosacia or something similar. I have no idea how to care for my skin. I have an exfoliater that I don’t use too often anymore because I felt like it didn’t rly give me any results.
    I also use the ulta brand hyaluronic acid moisturizer I do wonder if the ordinary one is better @Kiana ?

I wish I knew other stuff to do to make my skin less red. I’ve always had really soft and smooth skin and I’m really lucky in that regard but I’ve noticed the redness so much more as an adult.

Also I’m poor so most skincare is out of my budget lol

12. K0ta

Oh yes I finally added a sun screen into my routine cause I was bad and ignored the advice until I finally gave in and got one. I was worried about layering so many products in the morning underneath my makeup but as long as I give every product enough time to sink in, and keep my skin moisturized, I don't get flaky.

My cheeks are where my worst scarring is but chemical exfoliation and vitamin c serum is helping that plus discoloration, and when I make sure my skin stays plump and hydrated I don't notice the appearance of them on my face as much.

I want to hate my teenage self for what she did to her face but I'm 30 and just taking my skin care seriously so I've got a lot of damage to work on. :verysad:

Physical exfoliation can sometimes make sensitive skin worse, I use it very minimally and focus more on chemical exfoliation like with an aha/bha. Acids can be harsh too though so you have to experiment and start with a low % acid if you go that route.

As for a hyaluronic acid mositurizer, I use Neutrogena Hydro Boost because I can't afford much else - however it has a fragrance so sometimes that can bother people.

This is a Japanese hyaluronic acid "lotion" (in Japan lotions are more like serums) that is so moisturizing and plumps my face and feels so refreshing and gentle. I also mositurize after this.

Amazon.com: Hada Labo Rohto Hadalabo Gokujun Hyaluronic Lotion Moist, 5.7 fl. oz. (170ml): Beauty

At night I use this "lotion" (I use more like a serum) made by a sake brewing company; seriously sake brewers have incredible skin because of the bacteria that they foster in those environments and this is so nourishing and feels so good. It smells like sake at first but it goes away quickly, it's very watery and can be sticky until it settles in.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ECQCVK0/?tag=absolutepunk-20

Kiana, supernovagirl and marissalg like this.
  13. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yeah, the one I got was supposed to be gentle or so they told me. Lol. But idk. Using a chemical one is intimidating. Thanks for those recommendations I’ll have to check them out. Adding to my wishlist now

K0ta likes this.
  14. Kiana

I'm liking the ordinary one but it's also the only one I've used! I use it before my moisturizer and sunscreen and I feel like it helps them absorb better and leaves my skin rly soft. I'm trying to focus a lot on hydration cause I used to think since I have oily skin that I needed to like dry out and destroy my skin with harsh products oop @ young me

supernovagirl likes this.
  15. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

ive been so disinterested in makeup and skincare and stuff for a good while and as a product person in general its weird but i just kinda stopped using and simplifying what i was using and stopped wearing makeup 5 days out of the week at least. my skin is so much better and its that and nothing replaces good diet and exercise i swear. i have keratosis pilaris and slight rosacea and its better then it ever has been.

16. marissalg

Trusted

I just booked my trip to Iceland and tbh one of the things I’m looking forward to the most is soaking in the Blue Lagoon and doing a mask haha.

Carmen SD, Kiana and mercury like this.
  17. Kiana

IM SO JEALOUS. Iceland is the only place I rly have a desire to travel to.

Also paging @Garrett L.

18. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

BLUE LAGOON MASK PHOTO

marissalg and supernovagirl like this.
  19. Garrett

Definitely do the blue lagoon package that gets you the restaurant reservation. It also gets you a bathrobe for your visit and a second mask. The restaurant was the best meal I had the whole trip. Worth the price.

20. Carmen SD

Trusted

My bf would never be in to the mask thing :/ I’d have to convince him.

21. Kiana

My lil sister was over and complimenting how glowy and great my skin looked and I wasnt wearing makeup and it feels really nice. As a teen my self esteem was so low due to acne. I learned to walk with my head down because I was too embarrassed to make eye contact with others and I felt hideous. Each morning i dreaded waking up and looking in the mirror at which new pimples had popped up. Or hoping so hard that my skin would be decent enough for a special event. I truly never thought I'd ever be someone whose skin got complimented. Espesh by my teenage sister who is evil so I know it's a legit compliment lol. I still get pimples and stuff sometimes but it's so nice to have it under control after struggling for years

marissalg likes this.
  22. marissalg

Trusted

We were supposed to go to a bachelorette party in Arizona but flights were so expensive we looked at other places to go and it was $200 less to go to Iceland so we’re doing that instead.

I definitely wanna do the premium package. Everything I’ve read so far says it’s worth it just so you can get like a robe haha.

supernovagirl, Kiana and Garrett L. like this.
  23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

the blue lagoon is awesome but you have to wash your hair like 3 times to get all the residue out

marissalg likes this.
  24. Garrett

I definitely took a shower and reapplied the conditioner like four times during our time there.

Thread related, I’ve been using these hair masks from work and I really like them—any guy who avoids the random stuff like this for not being manly enough are missing out.

GrantCloud and marissalg like this.
  25. Kiana

I need to up my hair game. My scalp is so dry already but the cold weather just kills it. The other day I was talking to someone and went to lightly scratch my head and the lil dry flakes came down and it was embarrassing I felt unclean even tho I know my scalp has just always been dry af.