Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 83

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ugh ever since I packed my makeup for a plane ride my liquid eyeliner has been screwed up. It makes a huge mess and is runny. Never had that happen before. I don't wanna buy a new one cause this one isn't old but even if I try to blot it on a tissue beforehand it doesn't help smh

2. Kiana

Okay I have this freckle that I don't think I've always had so I have always believed it to be sun damage. Even tho I wear sunblock I feel I get freckles easily. A few days ago I thought it looked darker. It's always been pretty light like when it first came about I tried to wipe it off cause I thought I smudged makeup. Today I noticed it is a lil raised and I'm like hoping it's an unfortunate small pimple or something but then the bigger part of me is like

OH HEY I HAVE SKIN CANCER AND AM DYING COOL

3. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m almost out of my mystic Devine hair elixir. I bought John Frieda frizz ease touch up cream and L’Oréal elvive frizz taming serum to control my bajillion fly aways. There was a few others but wasn’t sure which ones to buy so I bought these too. Anyone used them? Thoughts?

4. Kiana

I'm obsessed with contouring videos lately. I'll think they're done and their skin looks great but turns out they're just getting started and they slather on a ton more. Like just squeezing all of this product on their faces and using so much like they use as much in one day that I maybe use in two or three weeks it's wild

5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yoooo i bought house 22 from ulta the other day (david beckham brand i guess??) for face moisturizer, and holy hell it is a game changer. it is p nice

Kiana likes this.
  6. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

house 99 i mean, oops!

7. Kiana

@Richter915 I'm going to drag you into this thread again lol and of course anyone else can chime in, but are there certain face sunscreens that dermatologists often recommend? I always get really paranoid about skin damage when it's cloudy out like it has been lately. I usually use a Neutrogena one but it's almost out and I don't know if I should repurchase or try something else

8. Carmen SD

Trusted

Opinions about cetaphil? My residents love it and talk about how great it is

9. Kiana

I used to use it cause my old dermatologist recommended it. I remember liking it! I use CeraVe now tho

10. Dog with a Blog

I dunno if this is a dumb question but does y’all’s insurance cover dermatologist visits?

11. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Sunscreens are super tricky for younger population because of makeup...some sunscreens blend better than others, unfortunately it will come down to trial and error. Neutrogena spf30+ is great. Banana boat makes great sunscreens for kids...reason I like it is it tends to be stronger than others. For my older gentlemen I recommend bullfrog brand. The key is the number, it has to be above spf 30...ideally just go for 50. Remember to apply once in the morning and then again around lunch time. Anything that makes you sweat or your skin gets moist will cause the sunblock to fall off. Dry the skin then reapply.

The best products should be broad spectrum and contain either zinc or titanium oxide. This gives you UVA and UVB protection.

Just so you know how the spf number is calculated...the number stands for what fraction of UV radiation gets blocked from penetrating the skin. What isn't well known is that the amount of sunblock used to determine spf is like a shotglass full of sunblock on your entire face.

I do not believe in makeup that has spf in it. You can use it but that should not be your only use of sunblock. You need an spf on top of it.

Sunblock should be a cream. Sprays and rub on bars are not as effective.

Sunblock does more than just prevent future skin cancer. It prevents actinic damage like blemishes and uneven skin surface. It prevents wrinkles and other signs of photo-aging.

12. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Cetaphil or cerave are great. I recommend using those creams (get the product that comes in a jar) morning and afternoon. At night, plain greasy vaseline or aquaphor. It will keep your skin moist during dry evening nights.

13. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

14. Kiana

Thanks! I always struggle with the issue of sunscreen and makeup. I definitely don't trust SPF in makeup to be enough. I'm good at applying sunscreen in the morning before my makeup but I get all shallow about having to reapply when I have makeup on already and getting it all messed up. I'm definitely good at reapplying if I'm actively out in the sun like at the beach but just on a normal day I tend to only apply it on my face in the morning. I feel like as I get older I tend to burn and/or freckle more often. I have like little freckles on my face that weren't always thrre even though I wear sunscreen daily and don't really go outside that often.

Richter915 likes this.
  15. Kiana

Also I'm gonna try bare minerals. I love the coverage and look of liquid foundations but I've just come to terms that it will always seperate on my oily skin no matter the primer or finishing powder I use so I'm switching to powder.

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've been breaking out slightly so maybe I should start doing something about my face skin

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m not kidding when I say this, but I’ve used Cetaphil facial lotion every single day since I was 17 (I’m 33 now). I’ll Stan for Cetaphil any day of the week. The facial lotion is like $13 for a bottle, but it’ll last you months.

I also switched to their facial cleanser probably about 10 years ago.

Kiana likes this.
  18. Kiana

LOVE WHEN I FINALLY COMMIT TO AN ULTA PURCHASE AND THEN GET A 20% OFF COUPON IN THE MAIL THE NEXT DAY

19. Carmen SD

Trusted

Sephora is making me spend $75 to get the $20 off lol. Also I get freebies for bday month. I don’t know what I need

20. marissalg

Trusted

Just made an appointment with a new hairdresser bc my usual is booked for the next month and a half and I desperately need a haircut. I’m so anxious though, I’ve never been to the one I’m going to before and I feel like I’m so bad at explaining what I want done.

summertimejesus likes this.
  21. Kiana Jan 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 3, 2019)
    Kiana

I use like 10 lipsticks out of my gazillion lipsticks and part of me knows I need to downsize and just keep the ones I really like and use in my rotation but it feels like such a waste to throw so many out and it will be painful so I am putting it off ugh

Update: I did it. Got rid of about 2/3 of my lipsticks. Also somehow I lost my Jeffree star liquid lipstick again which is like the fourth time I'm posting that I lost it and that it's a sign of my guilty conscience for owning it but srsly I always lose it and then find it somewhere random forever later

22. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Ulta hasn’t sent me a 20 percent off email in like two weeks and I’m getting salty

Richter915 likes this.
  23. Carmen SD

Trusted

What’s a good after shave for men. Want to buy my bf some

24. Carmen SD

Trusted

I have a $10 off code for tarte but it’s only for orders over $60... at least make it $40. I don’t have that much money to drop

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

Has anyone heard of this brand? I tried searching online and found nothing. I’ve slowinf becoming obsessed with facial serums (in dropper bottles). I currently have one from physicians formula (and want to try a few of their others). Ross also had another type of the beauty drops and some other dropper serum I forced myself to put back on the shelf

28B094E9-94D3-4358-BE0B-E20F0506B744.jpeg