Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 82

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Whenever Sephora offers them as free deluxe samples I always snatch them up they're awesome

GrantCloud likes this.
  2. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

if this eczema on my hands doesn't clear up before it gets cold, i think my hands will actually just fall off this winter. i stopped using the prescription cortisone they gave me because my doctor said i probably over used it, but it's been like 4 months with no improvement. i've just been putting cocoa butter vaseline on it every night which at least helps with the dryness but the patches will NOT go away. it comes back on my eyelids sometimes, but i just got a nice burt's bees eye cream that seems to have nixed that in a couple of days.

i just miss being able to wear my nice karma lotion and wear eye make up!! it's been like an entire year dealing with this and the only time it completely went away was when i was on parahoy in nice, balmy weather. has anyone dealt with this? do u have tips or pointers?

(specifically @Richter915 pls help me i'm dying.)

3. torvich82

You should try organic oils for your eczema. I had one of those ring words on my skin before and I used sunflower oil everyday for a month. It started to heal and be completely gone after a while.

kaylasananjou likes this.
  4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oh for anyone who cares here’s the look I did with the jaclyn Hill morphe palette. I don’t remember how much I already said about this but I think morphe and jaclyn Hill are shady so I feel eh about supporting but I swatched at ulta and was like okayyy for $15 I gotta
    And I’m glad I did. Pictures don’t do this justice. It was sooo pretty. 832E67E1-A9FC-4705-9925-7C8939F1C4E2.jpeg

Kiana likes this.
  5. Jams

Trusted

Well I'm trying poser paste finally since they have it now at Sephora. Got it in narwhal and we'll see how it goes!!

6. Kiana

OMG I HATED THAT STUFF SO MUCH LEGIT GARBAGE I HOPE THEY MAKE THE FORMULA BETTER NOW

Seriously tho it did not work for me. I watched their tutorials on their site and tried it with different amounts in different ways. It looked cheap and sat on top of the hair and it came off on everything. My towels, brushes, shirts, jackets, neck, etc were pink forever before I got it all washed out. It looked like that cheap hair chalk from the infomercials. I'm so bitter but it's still in my cabinet and sometimes I glare at it in resentment. I literally cannot fathom a way that i couldve made it work and I was so bummed. My hair is thick and dark brown so idk if that's why, but it was total trash on my hair. I was so hopeful from the pics with different hair colors and textures on their site and I low-key trust Hayley a lil less ngl!!

7. Kiana

I srsly wish I still had the pictures of my hair because it looked ridiculous and I had to walk around with a hood until I got it out. It turned my hair all sticky like a gel and I looked like something about Mary. So I thought I used too much and tried it again a few weeks later and nope even using just a tiny bit and trying so hard to blend it in it was sticky and gross.

8. Jams

Trusted

Yeah I’ve heard really mixed reviews which is why I didn’t buy it before. But now it being at Sephora and free shipping it sucked me in!!! I’m hoping it’ll look ok since I slick my hair back a lot and use gels and stuff. The pics I’ve seen where I thought it looked best was on short hair which I have so fingers crossed!!

9. Jams

Trusted

Ok I tried out my Poser Paste and meh. I don't hate it but don't love it either on first try. I tried it on my hair "down" and it looked AWFUL. Like soooo chunky and just gross. I brushed it out and it looked a lot better but then most of the color was gone. It also is messy as is, but it gets EVERYWHERE when you brush it out. It didn't stain anything though which is good. Then I tried it on my hair slicked back and used it in place of my pomade I usually use. It still is kinda chunky looking but I don't think it looks awful. It's hard to like "spread" it through your hair and it wants to kinda glop up but that might be my fault bc I didn't watch any videos on it or anything. I just put it on my head lol But I was not expecting the container to be so small. I feel like I need to use a lot to get the color to look vibrant on my (dark) hair. I'll have to play with it some more and see if I like it more after further testing.

Kiana likes this.
  10. Kiana

I found my old pics from when I did it lol. It was just so gritty and sticky and stiff. Like I have straight across bangs and they're not even apparent in this pic cause they were sticking straight up. It gave me Einstein hair. I feel like I'd market it as a tinted pomade more than a hair dye

Screenshot_20181004-134346.png

11. personalmaps

There has to be like...a secret. Because I watched them do the demos on Parahoy and when Brian and the other stylist did it, it looked PERFECT and natural. They need to do like an in-depth tutorial.

12. Jams

Trusted

EBBA654B-6C59-44E1-8A52-E3A4363088AD.jpeg
    Extreme close up lol but here’s what it looks like slicked back. Still don’t know how I feel about it.

13. Kiana

I think it looks good in your pic @Jams but still not like actual hair dye. It looks like that hair chalk at Wal Mart. At least with my hair it didn't sink in like a dye. It just sits on the strands and rubs off onto everything. It was so embarrassing having people ask me why my neck was so pink!

14. Jams

Trusted

yeah it sits on top of my hair too. It’s def not like a hair dye at all. It didn’t get all over me until I brushed it but if my hair was longer it def woulda made a mess. I will give it this. Shit has some serious holding power. Normally when I wear my hair back I have to use my pomade plus hair spray or it falls instantly but with just the poser paste my hair has not budged. I just don’t know if I’m feeling the chalky look lol

Kiana likes this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I need to go to ultra, but also don’t want to spend money

16. marissalg

Trusted

I really wanna get the new Fenty lip paint in Uncuffed. It looks like my perfect nude and I love the formula of the original red shade.

17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Ugh I hate when the seasons change because I always have a small stint with dandruff. The worst

18. personalmaps

I got a Sephora gift card for my birthday and bought the Milk "meet the fam" mini set and I'm foolishly falling in love with every piece of it. Totally dreading when I have to look at the actual prices for the full size products.

19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

My SO is getting high key salty because ulta keeps sending me 20 percent off and they haven’t sent her anything in a while. lol

20. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Someone had tagged me on a post here several weeks ago about seasonal eczema creeping up. I don't remember the details so I'll just give my general recommendations

For any eczema other than the face:
    - Moisturize frequently with cerave or cetaphil (get something that comes in a jar)
    - Vaseline liberally to affected areas every night. Cover with cotton gloves or socks if possible.
    - Switch your soaps to Dove bar soap and shampoos from free and clear. Vanicream products are also acceptable.
    - Do your best to not get your nails done. The chemicals will worse hand dermatitis and can cause eyelid dermatitis.
    - I recommend a high potency steroid in ointment form. Triamcinolone is a good starting point, you can ramp up to halobetasol or betamethasone if needed.
    - For cold windy days, cover up as much of skin as possible. The cold will give you an irritant dermatitis in addition to the eczema!

For eczema on the face:
    - Same as the above but don't go stronger than hydrocortisone ointment. Anything stronger will give you horrible side effects.

21. Carmen SD

Trusted

I haven’t shopped at Sephora in forever and I’m going to lose my VIB status for next year. Welp.

22. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Do any of you guys shop on theordinary.com?

23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Richter915 likes this.
  24. Kiana

I am too tbh
    I haven't used their site but I have bought their products from Sephora altho I don't anymore cause I didn't notice a difference with the ones I used.

25. marissalg

Trusted

Does anyone have suggestions for a dry scalp? I’ve been using an opalex mask that’s helpful but you’re not supposed to do it more than once a week. Was thinking about getting a briogeo conditioner during the Sephora sale this week too.