Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 81

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. marissalg

Trusted

I’ve pretty sure I’ve seen subculture on sale at Sephora every now and then. Reviews are a bit more mixed than their other palettes so sometimes it goes on sale during a weekly wow thing. My marshalls gets them in a fair amount too so maybe they’ll get another??

supernovagirl likes this.
  2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

it was actually the manager who made the call. the cashier called her to the front to see about discounting it.
    I get that its just the policy it just seems so wasteful and unfortunate.

yeah thats actually why I thought it would be marked off because I just saw it on sale at ulta and sephora and macys a few week ago for 24.99. It was 29.99 at marshalls so I was like hmm maybe its supposed to be cheaper

I know it has mixed reviews. thats why I can justify paying 25 for it but not 30 or full price haha

I think theres a hush dupe for it anyway which I was just talking about making a haul through them so we'll see

3. marissalg

Trusted

Haha yeah, that's why I didn't grab it from Marshall's. For maybe $20 I'd just mess around with it, but not worth full price.

supernovagirl likes this.
  4. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

my fiancé told me a “mole” that i thought was a lifelong freckle “looks weird” so i guess i have to see a dermatologist for the first time lol

5. marissalg

Trusted

I’m trying the new Dior foundation with the Hourglass setting powder and I’m so happy with the results. The Dior foundation is amazing, super light and comfortable. The setting powder is so soft and blurs my imperfections. Together they give me the perfect natural finish.

Kiana likes this.
  6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

just tried this venus dry shave razor
    slashed my legs to shit
    DO NOT RECOMMEND

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

Got a consult for my hair. Have appointment set. The girl that gave me consult seemed to have reasonable price for what I want and said it’s an easy job to do. She wasn’t available when I was so I have an appt with a different stylist who will consult my hair time of appt. girl said it shouldn’t be much of a price difference. I hope so. I plan on spending no more than $250

8. marissalg

Trusted

I’m getting my lash lift half off because the girl forgot about my appointment and wasn’t there when I arrived. It really wasn’t her fault, I called the day before to make it and it never went in the system. But now I get like six weeks of nice lashes for half off!

Carmen SD likes this.
  9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've spent surprisingly not a lot on makeup this year. Haven't bought from Sephora since January. Definitely gonna get my account demoted from vib lol. I've gotten a few things from Ulta this year but I think it was all drugstore brands and then using my points to get things free or cheap. I also made a huge purchase with my Ulta credit card so I'll have those points coming my way soon too and it'll prob be right in time for me to buy new foundation.

I did wanna try fenty or the too faced peach one but those are both Sephora so I'll have to find something else. May just rebuy nars sheer glow in a lighter shade cause mine is a tad dark since I didn't tan this summer

10. supernovagirl

I went to sephora yesterday to get foundation samples and fenty is one that I got

But like honestly the girl was lowkey pissing me off bc she was so condescending and acting like I knew nothing about makeup. I came in wearing the night befores makeup so it didn’t look great but also it was like THERE so that should imply I do buy makeup.
    Just bc I was like “oh I have always used drugstore foundation so I don’t know much about high end foundations” and she was like “oh that’s so cute so I assume you don’t have a beauty insider account?” Like uh what? Yes I do.
    And just generally acted really condescending like I didn’t know what I was talking about, explaining really basic things like “foundation is going to look different on everyone because it REALLY depends on moisturizer and wearing primer underneath” I’m like ??? Why are you assuming I don’t do those things??

And when I was like yeah I wish I was paler bc pink toned eyeshadows don’t rly show up on my skin and just go muddy and she was like oh you know what will help that? Eyeshadow primer! I wanted to be like sis I’ve been wearing eyeshadow primer since you were in middle school

GrantCloud, Kiana and marissalg like this.
  11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

My SO plucked my eyebrows last weekend and it’s wild I can tell the difference, it just seemed like such a minimal thing until I looked in the Mirror and could tell.

supernovagirl, skogsraet and Kiana like this.
  12. Kiana

Eyebrows make SUCH a difference. I watched something once where an aspiring actress went to a famous eyebrow waxer person and the before and after was astonishing. She looked like a different person.

13. marissalg

Trusted

Happy that Sephora is changing up their rewards program. I’m going to hit Rouge soon so it’ll be cool to get 2x the points.

14. Kiana

I have a jeffree star liquid lipstick that's amazing but I'm constantly losing it and then finding it and losing it again and I feel like it's my punishment for owning something from jeffree who is foul even tho I didn't buy it. I hate that I love it.

15. supernovagirl

I can relate so much with this except I don’t lose mine Bc I love it and know damn well I won’t replace it if I lost it lol

Kiana likes this.
  16. Kiana

My points went thru and I have twenty something dollars off and wanna use them in August cause I have double points for my bday month but everything I want is at Sephora rn ! Maybe I'll get some Mac stuff

17. Carmen SD

Trusted

I messaged EWC social media account over an issue I've been trying to figure out for a few months and irritated over. Last time I complained about something they got back to me pretty quickly. This time they're taking a while to get back. Took about a week to respond to my post saying to private message them, so I did, and I'm still waiting for a response.

18. Jams

Trusted

Fellow Ulta platinum people!! 10x points on select things plus 5x points on everything else, free shipping on all orders!! You gotta activate the offer first. I've been saving my money for this day. Stocked up on all my essential things, bath bombs, nail polish remover, dry shampoo, etc. It's not telling me the correct points I should have earned but if my math is right I should now be at 2000 points hell yesssss.

GrantCloud and Kiana like this.
  19. Kiana

I wish Ulta had a better shipping deal otherwise they'd surpass Sephora completely to me. Most of the time when I wanna buy from Ulta online I choose not to cause the shipping. I considered driving there but that would cost more than shipping lol.

marissalg and Jams like this.
  20. marissalg

Trusted

Work has been crazy lately so I let myself splurge a lot more than I planned for the VIB sale. I’m excited to try out some Herbivore skincare products and I desperately needed a new beauty blender but was holding out for the sale. Also stocked up on the Hourglass setting powder because I’m in love with it.

21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

My girlfriend pointed me into the direction of this face mask called glamglow and wowwwww, the after is definitely noticeable.

Kiana and marissalg like this.
  22. Kiana

So good but soooo pricey

23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I just bought the super small container, and using it once a week, but I’m trying to spread it to every other

24. marissalg

Trusted

Is it the grey mask? Because laneige has a clay mask similar to that and you get a lot more product for $25.

25. supernovagirl

Y’all I spent literally $100 at ulta the other day someone needs to take my card away

I got one of the morphe Jaclyn hill vault palettes even tho I side eye morphe and jaclyn FOREVER.

I got 2 essence palettes

I got a bunch of stuff tbh but the main thing I’m excited about is the ulta brand foiled eyeshadow. Shit is AMAZING and gorgeous. Gonna try and use it Wednesday so maybe I’ll post a picture