Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 80

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

I current use shea moisture soap for eczema and psoriasis. I’ve used it before and it helped with my itchiness, and it seems to help, I just have to use it/shower every day. I haven’t tried cerave or cetaphil. Usually I use eucerin and that seemed to work. Also I’ve done the hydrocortisone when it gets bad and it helps. But again I have to keep the routine, but sometimes I’m so tired from work i forget and it takes a little while to get better once i start the routine back

2. scroopy.noopers

: (

So I got my hair colored again yesterday and my skin is red/irritated (or I assume burned) around my hair line. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get rid of that asap. It looks really noticeable since the hair color is almost white.

3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like bleach did it. Aloe vera maybe? Bleach burns are like any other burn. Once you’ve cleaned the chemicals off, not much you can do outside of waiting for it to heal. Afaik anyway.

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  4. Jams

Trusted

Normally I always wear bold lipstick but lately I've been all about the nudes and like dusty mauve colors, etc. Today is the first time I wore red in months and I'm missing the nude look?!? Who even am I?????

Kiana likes this.
  5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I was really excited to find black color depositing conditioner bc it seemed like the answer to my prayers but here I am post-first use and my skin is dyed black but my baby hairs/roots are still blonde :upside::upside::upside:

6. marissalg

Trusted

I went to sephora to revamp my skincare routine and ends up getting a free facial too because I spent so much haha. The associates helped me get some new stuff too that I really like. The dr. Jart serum for redness is really helping me and idk how much it’s helping my skin but the farmacy skin dew is super refreshing for summer.

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My skin is trash today. I sweat a ton at the gym yesterday and didn't get a chance to shower for a few hours later which was disgusting and awful and I assume why I look so gross today cause nothing else changed? Idk but it's awful. Gonna get my face mask on tonight.

8. Carmen SD

Trusted

I break out so easy now, idk if that has to do with I get a full face wax every month (have been for over a year and never had any issues in the past), so I have to keep up my skin care routine. Not only that my but skin in general (arms and legs) and been getting dry and itchy quicker. Not sure whats causing it.

I think I found a "salon" I want to try. I don't have time to sit at the beauty college for hours to get my hair done, so I'm willing to spend twice the money and go somewhere else. I know what I'm looking for but can't find a good pic, either the style on too short of hair or too long, or they don't show the back

9. Kiana

Rih might get my first Fenty purchase with the Moroccan spice palette. She's getting me with the gold and red promo shots. I've just been dusting bronzer on for eyeshadow lately and her palette looks kinda perfect for that

10. Carmen SD

Trusted

Decided to get my hair cut. It’s a little shorter than anticipated but it’s ok because I had a lot of weight taken off it and I don’t have a lot of time to wash or style it any way. I’ve noticed that one side of my hair seems thicker because EVERY time I get it cut it looks uneven and not blended in and also flips (it’s been doing this for over 10 years). I’m satisfied with how the lady took time to cut my hair (as she does for all customers) and doesn’t seem to rush when a customer comes in the door. Every thing looks even and good so far tho. Hopefully soon I can get it colored

11. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I just cut a lot of my hair and I also have that same thing where my hair is heavier on one side. I can’t tell you how much weight was taken out though. It feels so good. I have very thick hair. I have about 1/3 of it shaved into an undercut and it’s still pretty thick. The front bits by my face still feel kinda heavy but I just might deal with it

12. Carmen SD

Trusted

thick hair problems. Glad I'm not the only one who knows the struggle of having one side thicker than the other. lol

13. Kiana

My face is not clearing up. It's getting worse. I washed my makeup brushes and pillowcases tonight. I haven't changed makeup. Only change is my dr prescribing vistaril. It's making me rly insecure. I can cover up the redness but doesnt matter cause the texture of my skin is so uneven it looks awful. It's not like the pimples u can pop. Just raised red angry looking spots

14. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

idk if you have a lush near you, but their cosmetic warrior mask has rly helped me in times like that. i had a weird reaction to sunscreen a few weeks ago and had what sounds like the same issue- uneven, grainy, awful texture. it cleared it up in abt 4 days with daily use. the mask smells AWFUL (tea tree oil + garlic), but it gets the job done.

15. Kiana

I don't have a lush near me! I used my amazonian clay mask which usually help but it didn't appear to make a difference. It looks a lil better today. I'm wondering if my hair is touching my face in my sleep or something. On one side the acne is very concentrated on my jaw, and on the other side it's on my cheek more hear my hairline. I've slept with my hair up the last 2 nights which sucks cause then I wake up with weird warped rubber band marks in my hair smh but I guess I'll take that over acne.

16. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I found this is you REALLY wanna go for it: How to Make Your Own Lush Cosmetic Warrior Face Mask

But yeah, I feel that frustration! I will admit I'm normally blessed with pretty clear skin, but when something goes wrong it goes WRONG, and because it's so sensitive I have like a very strict list of products I have to stick to.

I used to have the same problem when my hair was long as well, it's a nightmare. There's just no way to win hahaha.

Kiana likes this.
  17. Kiana

Thanks!

My skin has been pretty decent lately so I'm like nooooo what's happening! The only things I can think of is that I'm sweating more at the gym and if I'm not washing it well enough but my toner is usually pretty good at getting the excess stuff. And I'm growing out my hair so it might be touching my face a lot more. Like I had clear skin one day and red splotchy skin the next morning!

18. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I finally had enough Ulta points for a major splurge shopping trip, so I went yesterday and got a new perfume ($112), a Smashbox primer ($42), and a Clinique eye cream ($54) and only had to pay $20 out of pocket (also had a 20% off coupon). I don't normally let myself buy these types of products, or at least not all at once, so I'm excited! I'm still not sure on the perfume though, I had it narrowed down to two after smelling them all in the store for an hour, and then I saw this new one and decided to buy that one instead. I'm afraid to open the box and then not like it anymore.

mercury, marissalg and Kiana like this.
  19. Carmen SD

Trusted

I wish ultra was connected or next door to the mall where I live. I want tarte tape shape concealer and last time I checked they didn’t have it at Sephora. The ulta closets to me is in a busy shopping center that I hate driving in. The other one closer I don’t think had nearly as much traffic but I’m not sure if I feel like driving

20. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m a little confused atm. Did my monthly full face wax and was charged my “discount” that I was told they didn’t do anymore- so about maybe 3-4 months I paid the full $53 instead of like 36?. When I first asked about it (the time I told they didn’t do it anymore) he GM was standing right there and didn’t say anything. Did they change it back? Was I wrongfully overcharged? If so I want my money back or credited to my account. I didn’t question it when I got rang up today.

21. Carmen SD

Trusted

Bought the dove dermaseries eczema relief lotion, and I’ve been trying to use it twice daily and I’m noticing less itchiness on my arms. Also my rough patches are smoother. I seem to like this better than the gold bond rough and bumpy therapy and it’s less “greasy” feeling than gold bond.

Kiana likes this.
  22. supernovagirl

first off I went to marshalls to look for makeup and I found ONE anastasia Beverley hills subculture palette which was one of the things I was specifically looking for. Well it was in the clearance section and the box was like tattered and covered in makeup so I brought it to the front and was like "hey this was in the clearance section and is a little beat up, is it supposed to be marked down?" and she takes a look and looks me dead in my eyes and says "oh theres a fingerprint on one of the shadow,s we have to throw this away now, sorry" I felt my actual soul leave my body. I was like....you're just going to put it... in the trash...when I am willing to take it and buy it right now.... :(

also I want to try the hush brand they have a bunch of dupe palettes they are pretty popular on social media I feel like... but they are so cheap and I hear good things so I want to try!

23. Kiana

If fingerprint smudges on makeup is gonna result in throwing it away literally every makeup product not wrapped in plastic is a goner. Everything is always so swatched up

supernovagirl likes this.
  24. supernovagirl

right!! I was like...as opposed to all your other makeup which is definitely still in pristine condition right?
    I mean we all know shit ends up in marshalls because of defects and stuff....

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

I would have asked to speak to the manager about buying it and not caring about the fingerprint. Maybe the cashier wanted it for herself and just said they have to throw it away