Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 79

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

I saw an add for Thayer's in lemon at target dot com. If they all the sudden get the lemon one in stores I'll be mad because I just bought the rose petal one (almost out of my lavender) and it's taken me 9 months to use it up.

2. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i spent all day in the sun today and i got a nice layer of tan but then i FORGOT cause its the first time ive laid this year out that my birth control/hormones gives me a weird dark upper lip from sun exposure! its a pretty common thing especially in women who experience hormone changes (like in pregnancy it can become evident to many women) but its annoying and i cant do anything in the sun in the summer without it getting worse. its not hair, its just a muddy looking discoloration of skin. i spend a lot of time outside in summer so i dont know what to do.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I would like to maybe get a spray tan cause I'm a weirdo when it comes to sun damage but I also don't wanna become one of those ppl who don't realize they look orange either idk idk

4. Carmen SD

Trusted

I still hate the fact that I have no friends when it comes to makeup give aways. I don't even have 2 friends to tag. Just one. It's sad

5. Kiana

If this is insta or Twitter TAG ME SIS. Fb tho I cannot help with!

supernovagirl likes this.
  6. Carmen SD

Trusted

This one is a Facebook one :uhoh:,

7. Kiana

Lol I'm still behind the fb times! I recently watched a video where tati showed off her makeup and omfg she has more than an actual Sephora sis could do like 10000 giveaways I cannot

8. Carmen SD

Trusted

I'm not very active on Facebook. Too much hate and negativity, and too many people turning everything political. I keep it so I can be updated about sales and such since). I don't really need any more makeup at the moment anyway, I already have like 10 eyeshadow pallettes, and more lipstick than I can count at the top of my head, and I also don't have any room to put it lol

Kiana likes this.
  9. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

9E5A2336-986C-4E57-97B7-02ECC3A42AAC.jpeg I am full on obsessed with this look. Now I’ve done it twice and I almost never do the same look twice haha I just love it so much

Mayra, awwgereee, marissalg and 4 others like this.
  10. Kiana

What are you using? I have the Huda mauve palette and it looks similar! I am obsessed with blending out the red color in the outer v and above my cease and then using the dark purple in my crease. I always thought reds would be too on the nose of my vampire angsty aesthetic lol but I love it

lish, supernovagirl and Richter915 like this.
  11. supernovagirl

Yess that’s pretty much what this is! It’s actually the Pretty Much palette from Colourpop lol the light color is a wet n wild liquid eyeshadow and it’s so freaking gorgeous.

Kiana likes this.
  12. Kiana

That palette is sooo pretty! And cheap I'd be so tempted if I wasn't on an embargo lol

13. supernovagirl

It is! Honestly it’s almost a spot on dupe for modern renaissance and if you have the huda one they are all very similar. But yeah the price is what drew me in!! I love colourpop

Kiana likes this.
  14. Carmen SD

Trusted

What does everyone use to remove makeup besides makeup wipes or micellar water? Looking for something thats more household. I didn't really like micellar water, and I go thru wipes in a month and want to save money.

15. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Tbh I just use dollar store makeup wipes. I’ve tried the pricier ones and haven’t noticed a difference anywhere except my wallet. I never leave the residue on my skin though, I always use face wash immediately after.

16. supernovagirl

I just use neutragena wipes sorry

17. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Sephora has this cloth called the makeup eraser and it is literally magic. You just run it through the washing machine every week or so. I got a travel pack of 2 for $12 but you can get a full-sized one for $20. Saves me like a million dollars and helped my sensitive skin recover from using wipes.

mercury, skogsraet and supernovagirl like this.
  18. kassie09

Regular

Microfiber wash cloth, I swear by them. You can even just buy them in the cleaning or car aisles. You don’t even need face wash, just wet them and they easily remove makeup. I have pretty sensitive skin and this isn’t too abrasive, but I don’t wear makeup daily or anything- maybe then it would be too harsh. Just a few times a week for me.

Carmen SD likes this.
  19. supernovagirl

I think you’re both talking about the same thing lol ones just a name brand

20. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I also agree with the makeup eraser or what’s even the off brands are. Totally work, reusable (good for cost) and better for environment than makeup wipes.

Carmen SD and skogsraet like this.
  21. Kiana

I love sheet masks even tho the effects last for like 2 seconds. They are just so relaxing and the way my skin feels afterwards is addicting even if it's only for a bit

22. Carmen SD

Trusted

Something is making my skin very itchy. Maybe its the stress and bs I've been dealing with at work? I haven't use any new/different soap or lotion so I know it's not related to that. It's mainly itchy in the inside of elbow and back of knee to the point of my skin starts breaking

23. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds like eczema, do you have history of it?

24. Carmen SD

Trusted

Not that I'm aware of. It usually happens when I forget to lotion my arms and legs. Any recommendations to help?

25. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

This sounds like eczema even more so. It's not an extrinsic allergy it's basically small repetitive trauma to the skin which causes itching which leads to further irritation and it's an endless cycle.

But there's hope! It's easily treated and as you hinted, lotion is a fix. When you get flares (stress and weather change are the two most common triggers i see) do the following:

Brief lukewarm showers, try only using dove bar soap and a hypo allergenic or unscented shampoo and conditioner

After bathing, pat the skin dry over the itchy spots then apply regular petroleum jelly or Vaseline to it. Do this nightly. It's greasy and gross but it works.

During the day, moisturize a few times a day with cerave or cetaphil lotion. Again, unscented stuff. It should be a lotion or cream that's in a jar.

If this doesn't give results in a week, buy over the counter hydrocortisone ointment and use that twice a day on the itchy spots.

If that doesn't work after one to two weeks, head to the derm for something stronger.