Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 78

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

I had bleached my hair a while back because I intended to do a silver color, but couldn’t find it at the time. So I did a Smokey blue which lasted about 2-3 washes. Now it’s just blonde but I want to add some color in it while I let it grow out more before I totally get rid of it. I eventually want to bring down my natural color and do a ombre/bayalage (sp?). I had my hair blue years ago and it took forever to get the blue out. I’m probably better off buying from Sally’s buts it’s more money and time consuming and because of then pay cut I had to take I can’t afford it anymore.

Also I looked up the guy tang earlier today and you have to be licensed to buy so I won’t be able to try it out.

supernovagirl likes this.
  2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

yeah Sally's is probably your best bet. to be honest I picked up a box dye out of sheer laziness recently and it really was the same cost as sally's. less time consuming but still.

My ultimate advice is to get Overtone. They have pastel colors and while it's slightly more pricey it is a conditioner that you use over and over to refresh your hair so it lasts MUCH longer so you definitely end up spending less. Plus the colors and quality are great so you know it won't be a waste. and I know money is an issue but you can buy 2 or 3 more box dyes that don't work, and flush your money away, or you can buy something that will work and will be worth the money. Just my 2 cents!

Mayra likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I recently started using aluminium free deodorant and I like it. Idk anything about aluminium and why it's bad apparently but I hate the feeling of like leftover deoderant. With other ones it would persist even in showers after I scrubbed and when I shaved it'd clog up the razor and all of them left white marks on my clothes. I guess summer will be the real test but I prefer this route so far.

Richter915 likes this.
  4. Carmen SD

Trusted

I hate the Instagram give aways where you have to tag a certain number of friends because I don’t have friends to tag

lobstervegan, GrantCloud and Mayra like this.
  5. supernovagirl

I always heard all natural deodorants don't work and I thought it was bc of the lack of aluminium. I'm not sure if I'm mistaken though.

6. Kiana

The protection doesn't last as long but i don't mind. And it's nothing horrifying yet like it's a lil decrease by the time in the evening i take a shower. I can tell it's faded but oh well I'm about to take a shower. I prefer it to my past deodorants like never coming off ever and that feeling of residue left behind when I shave

I've always had trouble with deoderant. Either it leaves white streaks or is too moisturizing and like enables more sweat or smells weird by the end of the day.

Richter915 and supernovagirl like this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the one time I used natural deodorant I got a rash and was like well okay that's what I get for not using chemicals sorry body it's chemicals from here on out

Richter915 and supernovagirl like this.
  8. supernovagirl

honestly a lot of the people that I heard that from were fellow floridians and we know it's like a special kind of hell humidity heat here so that could have something to do with it lol

Richter915 and Kiana like this.
  9. Kiana

Yeah it's not rly warm yet so I haven't gotten to try it out in the heat. Summer will be the test

10. Carmen SD

Trusted

I used a natural deodorant from Whole Foods, it was in black packaging but I don’t remember the name. It seemed to work fairly well. No aluminum. Then I tried Schmidt’s lime and bergamot (sp?) and it started giving me rashes from the start. Went to toms. Liked toms but didn’t last long. Now I’m back with Schmidt’s (stopped using it that time but didn’t toss it out) no rashes or irritation yet. It works ok but hasn’t gotten super warm to test

11. Kiana

Lately I've been mixing my NARS sheer glow foundation with my kat von d foundation. I've also started using my MUFE HD powder again. I get compliments on my skin like every time I do the foundation mix + powder

It's kind of amazing cause if you'd have told me even 5 years ago that people would compliment my skin i'd never believe it. Granted my skin has highs and lows and this may just be a temporary high lol but it's nice for the moment. I still have a habit of walking with my head down from when I was a teen and didn't want people to see all my acne and I feel like I've earned even a temporary high

12. kassie09

Regular

Do you think it adds more coverage to mix Nars with Kat von D? Or a better color? I use the Nars one regularly but idk, I’m not In love. I am Very pale and use olso but almost feel like it’s too dark.
    I’m at a foundation loss. Maybe I too should begin mixing.

13. Kiana

I think it gives a bit more coverage with the Kat and the NARS makes it look a little more natural cause Kat on its own is pretty full coverage. tbh I just started mixing them because I have a few expensive foundations I've never used all the way through and the Nars one is too dark and the Kat one is pretty pale. rn I have the sheer glow, kat, and one from PUR and I rotate or mix them.

Summer is where it gets hard for me cause my skin gets oily and the foundation leaves streaks. I haven't encountered a liquid foundation that doesn't do that when it's hot so I def know the feeling of being at a loss. I wanna use up the foundations I have so I can try and hunt something down for summer.

14. Carmen SD

Trusted

update on the gold bond. it appears to be working so far. rough and bumpy patches are less rough and bumpy

Richter915 likes this.
  15. marissalg

Trusted

Sephora messed up and sent me an additional order along with the one I paid for???? I opened the box confused because it had the wrong birthday gift only to realize that it was an extra birthday gift along with the ABH soft glam palette and a nice hair treatment!!!! I only got charged for what I ordered and somehow ended up with $70 of extra stuff???

16. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

tfw your Good Dye Young order ships :devil::devil::devil:

Richter915 likes this.
  17. Jams

Trusted

Wellllll I was having friend drama so I was a giant ball of anxiety and in a messed up mood so my mom was like RETAIL THERAPY!! So we went to TJMaxx and they had Kat Von D lipsticks so I picked up Poe which is like a dark purply navy color with shimmer andddddd they had the Anastasia Aurora Glow Kit!!!! It is beautifullllll!! And neither had been touched which is a miracle!! I hardly ever find anything that someone didn't stick their grubby fingers in!

18. scroopy.noopers

: (

so my stylist recommended i get some blue manic panic to put in my conditioner to keep the color looking fresh, but i couldn't find it at the store and i don't want to order online, so would just any semi-permanent color work? i already got some l'oreal stuff that looks closest to my color so i'm hoping it will do the job

19. supernovagirl

Online is the best bet but I think the also sell it at hot topic?

Other than that yeah semi permanent should do it but I would google the specific brand first to be sure. It only works with dyes that are color depositing only.

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  20. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

They sell Arctic Fox at Hot Topic which is a similar brand of vivid colors! The idea is just to deposit more pigment as you condition, the specific brand doesn’t matter as much. AF has a huge line of colors too.

21. scroopy.noopers

: (

i'm not sure where hot topic here is lol. i could have gone downtown to get manic panic (i think they have a flagship here?) but i didn't feel like travelling much. i'm about to give it a go.

22. Jams

Trusted

I get a lot of perfume samples since I get Sephora Play and I thought I had gone through them all and kept ones that smelled nice on me. I was wronggggg!! I grabbed one blindly out of my little box and sprayed it on me. I now smell like grandma and cat piss. I tried washing it off but it's still there faintly and I'm afraid to spray anything else bc what if they mix and it is even worseeee!! Now I get to stink all day :verysad:

Kiana likes this.
  23. Kiana

I have like the opposite of ariana grandes problem where I hate wearing my hair up but I almost did it today. I was ok with how it looked but the longer I left it in the longer i was like ahhh too much of my faaaace and I had to take it down. I also almost wore earrings cause i never do but that felt weird too #SetInMyWays

24. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I'm not a fan of getting my hair cut at allll and am super picky about stylists, so I went 14 months without having one, but I finally did it on Saturday and my head feels so much lighter! I actually really liked the girl who did it too, so I may try to go back in a few months instead of next year.

Kiana likes this.
  25. Jams

Trusted

Cashed in all my points at Ulta during their 20% off sale and got a bunch of stuff buttttt the best purchase: A light up vanity mirror! I used it today and was shocked. Like I knew I have horrible lighting in my room but omg my eyebrows were a disaster y'all. They looked fine but then I turned on the little light and used the magnifying side of the mirror and whoaaaaa. Big difference!

lish and Kiana like this.