Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 74

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I got my order of The Ordinary from sephora. The hyaluronic acid before my moisturizer has made my skin feel extra smooth and I have to keep reminding myself to stop touching my face lol. I have oily skin but I'm obsessed with the feeling of hydrated skin. My sister gave me sheet masks for Xmas and I wish I could keep that feeling on my face forever. I just wanna swim in a pool of moisturizer. The best.

lish likes this.
  2. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

Damn you. I wanted to get some stuff from them but it's always sold out when I look.

I got my hair done on Saturday and I'm adoring the color this time. I actually decided to try and curl it yesterday and it lasted to today - never happens. I'm going to get a 1.25" curling iron for some more relaxed waves, I think

3. Kiana

It took me so many tries to get anything lol. They still had some stuff in stock when I looked last night!

lish likes this.
  4. prettyvisitors

Has anyone tried the Mochi collection by NYX? I’ve really been wanting to try it!

5. Carmen SD

Trusted

Checked my EWC unlimited wax pass because I don’t remember when it expired and knew it should be coming up within the next few months and it shows my current one and another one that expires mid NEXT year. I didn’t purchase anything because I still have a couple months left on my current one. It’s a mystery how it’s even on there but hey I guess I’ll have to wait to see if it’s for real or a glitch but if it’s real I save myself a couple hundred dollars. I remember an associate asking me about doing a full face pass instead of just brows for next time since I’ve been getting the full face done for about almost a year now so yeah idk how I get a “free” pass

6. Kiana

I threw away some Sephora gift cards cause I partially used them and thought they'd store the remaining balance on my account, I guess. Soo.... That sux. There was like $20

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

Purchased an OPI nail polish and I’m disastisfied with it. It chips so easily. Not worth the money imo and I’ll get something that doesn’t cost an arm and leg

8. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Is there nail polish out there that doesn’t chip?? Mine always chips after like, a day. Never found a brand where this wasn’t the case. I do top/under coats, I even tried applying a new top coat every day cause Google said it’d help lol

9. marissalg

Trusted

I really like the wet n wild 1-step gel polish! I’ve never had issues with it chipping.

skogsraet likes this.
  10. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Hmm may have to try that!

marissalg likes this.
  11. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I got the Laneige sleeping lip mask on Saturday and it's pretty darn good. I have had the worst time with dry and peeling lips this winter and it's helping a lot already.

Mayra likes this.
  12. Ladybird

I can't imagine my day without using matte lipstick and mascara. I like to try new brands, sometimes you can find a perfect product for a ridiculously low price.

13. Dog with a Blog

God my skin has gotten so badddd. Fairly certain I have a mild case of rosacea and it’s really frustrating me. I should probably see a dermatologist but I don’t have the means to rn

14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

yeah I've finally admitted my skin just isn't what it used to be. I have always had pretty clear skin but my cheeks now are so textured and always have redness and a few bumps that like..don't go away?? it's not acne and it kinda itches and if I scratch at it it becomes way more prominent. If I leave it alone it's not noticeable. anyway I just want my cheeks to be smoother and realized I don't know how to make that happen

15. Kiana

I am a known face moisturizing obsessed ridiculous person and I just can't sing enough praises for adding hyaluronic acid before using my cerave moistruizer. My skin is like on another plane of moisture rn. I wish i moisturized the rest of my skin so well but man my face is legit baby smooth over here. I am obsessed with the texture of my own face rn.

16. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, I used to have pretty great skin too, but these past few years have done a number. I consistently use Aqua Marina face wash, Rosy Cheeks face mask, and Skin Drink moisturizer from Lush, but I haven’t seen much improvement and it’s very frustrating. I also think it’s related to the fact that my diet is trash lately

supernovagirl likes this.
  17. supernovagirl

well my diet has always been trash so that ain't it for me lol but I do know people say it's related.

Also I have ZERO skin care routine and often leave my makeup on my face for days so like.... my problems are probably easy/obvious fixes but I don't care enough to change I guess. I just wish if the answer was slap a moisturizer on, someone would just hand me the right moisturizer and say put this on once a day and I'd be like okay and do it.
    I don't want to go through the effort of figuring out what kind and what will help my skin. skincare is like a puzzle, one that I have zero interest in putting the effort into lol

18. Carmen SD

Trusted

ABH came out with that gold palette or whatever it’s cslled and I like the colors. I hope it gets good reviews then I’ll buy it,maybe. I shouldn’t and maybe my skin tone doesn’t fit the colors best

19. marissalg

Trusted

So I’ve been using UD Naked foundation for a while now and I’m looking to switch it up. I have combination skin. I’m looking for light but buildable coverage liquid foundation, preferably with a natural finish. Would love any recommendations!

20. Kiana

I like NARS sheer glow

21. supernovagirl

so I remembered you said this and saw a bubble mask at Sally beauty that was hyaluronic acid and it was BOGO 50% off so I was like whatever I'll try it. Plus I've heard funny things about bubble masks.

also, I've done I think one other mask in my life haha. I told you I have no skincare routine at all.

anyway I just did it so I'm eager to see if it helps anything haha. Then I have the 2nd one of course.

22. Kiana

I've never done a bubble mask! Let us know how it goes! I've only done a sheet mask once and it felt so amazing immediately afterwards but I wish the feeling would have lasted longer cause it was great. Im addicted to the feeling of my face feeling moisturized lol

23. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

cerave, I approve

Kiana likes this.
  24. supernovagirl

yeah it felt pretty good. I of course put makeup on it (a few hours later) so now it's covered up but it felt nice before. I think I might feel similarly, that I want the effects to last longer. What do you use for the hyaluronic acid and moisturizer? cause I'm tryna get to soft levels like u

25. Kiana

My whole routine is

Cerave cleanser
    Thayer witch hazel toner
    salicylic acid(AM)/Differin (PM)
    Hyaluronic acid from The Ordinary
    Cerave moisturizer (the one in the big tub)

I know some ppl don't care for that cerave moisturizer cause it's kinda heavy but I love the heavy cool feeling on my skin lol

supernovagirl likes this.