Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 73

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Carmen SD Dec 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 8, 2017)
    Carmen SD

Trusted

Went back to Sephora to buy my heat palette. The girl never mentioned anything about bday gift for birthday month (I got an email about it). She said my bday has to pass to get it, but I don't remember that ever being the case. Anyone know?? Has it always been that way and I never noticed because the times i went was past my bday??

Edit: the email said NOTHING about waiting until after your bday. It said during the month of your bday. Kinda mad rn tbh. I wanted the tarte mini kit

Edit edit: contacted Sephora. I should have received my gift and they don't know why the cashier told me I had to wait until after my bday

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I got the Huda mauve palette and it's so goooood. My makeup looked professional it all blended so well. I always stay away from reds cause I feel like I rock the goth lite look enough lol but it looked gorgeous.

supernovagirl likes this.
  3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I don't need more makeup but ugh this post has me wishingggg

Kiana likes this.
  4. Kiana

It is so pigmented that I barely even have to swirl the brush in the pan. It was a steal during the vib sale and I got another during the $20 off thing. It looks small from the outside but once u open it the pans are decently sized and it doesn't feel small. I got my mom the smokey palette and I'm like ugh she's not even gonna appreciate it to its fullest extent!!

5. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I just hit Rouge and apparently I have $77 to spend to hit Platinum

Kill me

Carmen SD likes this.
  6. supernovagirl

I'm not even looking at how much it is, because then I'll find a way to justify it

Kiana likes this.
  7. Jams

Trusted

Well apparently the mail people figured out my address fuck up and fixed it for me bc I got my fab fit fun starter box today. I got a full size heat protectant cream, a glass water bottle thing, and a cute gold necklace. It's really dainty and has a little bar that has dream stamped in it. Definitely worth my $2 lol The boxes always look nice but not in my budget rn so I won't subscribe any time soon.

lish likes this.
  8. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I got the winter box for like $20 with a promo code. Totally worth that much. If I want to treat myself, I might go for it again. Idk if I actually will or not, though

Jams likes this.
  9. Jams

Trusted

Okay $20 is def better and worth it and the winter box looked sooo good. Damn I hate making decisions!!

10. Kiana

Got Sephora gift cards. Idk what I want. I want glowy skin for Christmas lol. I may try the fenty foundation but I'm nervous about color matching. My sis told me her shade and she's a bit tanner than me, but the colors below her look too pale. I would say I have fair skin with warm yellow undertones but idkkkk. Hate not living near a Sephora.

11. Carmen SD

Trusted

So many makeup deals. Need to find some time to look at Mac online and Sephora to see what they got. I shouldn’t spend money on anything but i also kinda want to see wha t lip colors they have

Kiana likes this.
  12. Kiana

My sis got me this for Xmas from Target and it feels so luxurious and smells soooo good. It has real flower petals in it and it makes my bath feel ~fancy

View attachment 12823

skogsraet likes this.
  13. janexo

Regular

be aware that foundation does oxidise so maybe pick one of the lighter shades if you're gonna take the plunge

Kiana likes this.
  14. Kiana

Yeah I've heard that. My sis double checked and her shade number was darker than she thought, which makes a lot more sense lol. I was like okay, I know I'm pale but there is no way on Earth I'm THAT pale ha. But they're sold out of a bunch of shades rn so oh well!

15. Carmen SD

Trusted

I kinda wish that I had more Instagram friends that I can tag to enter giveaways

16. supernovagirl

I got an ulta gift card for xmas weee

lish likes this.
  17. Kiana

Me early in the evening: I'm gonna take a shower and do my face wash routine and brush and floss and take over the world!!

Me a few hours later: eh I ended up watching this movie and now I'm tired but I can shower in the morning so I'll just wash my face and brush/floss my teeth tonight!

Me, even more hours later: ehhh still haven't gotten off the couch. I'll just brush my teeth and go to bed.

Smh

18. Carmen SD Dec 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 28, 2017)
    Carmen SD

Trusted

I saw that style korean had up to 90% off on some of their products. Went to purchase stuff and one of the items I'e been wanting forever was sold out when I tried to place my order. I felt like I may have got the last ones but I had trouble during checkout. The only option it gives to check is paypal, which I don't use but it also said there are more payment option methods???

edit: looks like they use paypal but you don't have to have a paypal account. It made me create an account (for the site) which I deleted because I found out you don't have to have one to purchase items. May be looking a other sites for the products I want, plus shipping is nearly $10+

19. Dog with a Blog

Trying out the Rosy Cheeks face mask from Lush. I’ve never used face masks before but I’m gonna try and take better care of my skin this year. It’s gotten pretty bad, though I think a lot of that has to do with my diet

20. marissalg

Trusted

The lush jelly face masks are actually so wonderful and they last a lot longer than the fresh ones. The bunny moon one is saving my dry skin this winter.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  21. Kiana

Been checking every day for the Ordinary to be back in stock at Sephora. Checked today and it was in stock but by the time I tried to check out it was gone. Was signed up for email alerts and they didn't alert me. Annoyed.

22. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I have this pot of jojoba oil for hair that I never use cause it stiffens my hair up, so I tried to do a hot oil hair mask with it and wash out with clarifying shampoo. Big mistake. I shampooed twice and I’m still getting oil on my hand every time I touch my hair. Plus, my curly waves are struggling under the weight of the jojoba oil. Maybe it’ll look/feel better when it’s fully dry (which is taking extra long cause of the suffocating oil) but in my experience...never ever waste money on jojoba oil.

23. lightning

24. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I bought some Marc Anthony curl lotion, not sure if it's J. Lo's ex

25. supernovagirl

jojoba oil is good for stretched ear care lol

skogsraet likes this.