Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 71

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

Sometimes I think the workers at makeup stores don't know much. I wanted to buy a Mac Pro longwear compact foundation (I've used it before and liked it) and the girl gives me studio fix. She doesn't even ask which one I'm looking for and doesn't take adequate time to color match me like other associates do. I will probably just end up using it as a cover up

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Has anybody tried Hayley's poser paste dye? I am intrigued by it.

3. Kiana

Also I have the world's most sensitive scalp and I cannot wear my hair up whatsoever. I had it in a half ponytail today and had to take it out by noon because it hurt and it still hurts at 915pm. My hair person said it's prob cause my hair is thick and heavy and pulls on my scalp when it's up but I get it thinned every 5 weeks and it was just a half pony. I prefer it down anyway but I want the option!!!

4. Carmen SD

Trusted

Not sure how it works but I didn't receive any points for my last Sephora purchase *angry emoji* idk if that's because I used the 20% offer. I don't remember this happening before but I also didn't think I've used any offers before

5. Jams

Trusted

You def should have gotten points. I got points for all my orders that I used the 20% promo with. I've had issues with not getting my points before. I sent them an email and they fixed it right away so I'd try that.

6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

ugh when i had long hair i had this same problem - i started using hair sticks for buns, and it made a noticeable difference! less pulling and better at distributing weight than ponytails. plus if you take them out, you don't get that annoying ponytail kink. I bought a back of these and they saved my life. If you wanted to go EXTRA heavy duty, these are cool too.

Kiana likes this.
  7. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

ya'lllll I went through all my makeup today! Ever since I moved (11 months ago oops) I haven't even gone through it all. I just have my everyday-ish stuff in one bag and use that. but I had like 3 bags and a bin just full of makeup. SOOO much of it was stuff I NEVER used. I swatched EVERYTHING and went through it all and threw a lot out and also gathered a lot that I want to give away if I can. Also I am kicking myself because I had to throw out a bunch of stuff that I literally never used and then it went bad. I have to make more of an effort to use the stuff that doesn't last very long. It was great getting to "shop my stash" so to speak and discover products that I either forgot about or underappreciated before haha

Also I discovered my Twilight Breaking Dawn makeup from Essence from when the movie came out and that shit is actually bangin.

Also also, I opened an eyeshadow not realizing it had turned to dust and it went e v e r y w h e r e. It literally sprang open so it was all over my bed, all over my legs as I sat criss cross applesauce, and down my shirt even. I was laughing so hard because it was just so ridiculous. I am still sparkling.

Kiana likes this.
  8. Kiana

I hate how good Jeffree Star's liquid lipstick is. I vowed not to buy one but my sis did and omg. I had been wearing a different hot pink lipstick all day long. It was about 800pm so it was all worn off and had dry flakes and stuff and I just wiped it away with a tissue, but my lips were still stained pink and were all dry and gross. I used the JS liquid lipstick and it was a brownish nude and covered all of that. You couldn't even tell my lips were dry and flakey or that I had pink underneath. It was so soft and comfortable and looked flawless. I'm so annoyed.

9. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I only hear good things about that stuff but I just can't bring myself to give him money

10. marissalg

Trusted

I just wanna try the Fenty lip paint.

11. Kiana

I am not exaggerating when I say poser paste from good dye young is trash. No way I can even salvage it and use it. Awful. It did show up on my dark hair but it's crusty and sticky and transfers on everything. It looks and feels terrible. I brushed it out, I used a styling tool. It looks clumpy and crusty still. The only upside is that it washes out easily cause BYE don't want it in my life!! Complete waste of money. I legit don't know why they even released it. I'd have better luck using that cheap hair chalk from the infomercials or gross spray can dye in the Halloween aisle

12. Kiana Nov 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 24, 2017)
    Kiana

I legit dislike Hayley Williams a little bit for even putting her name on it/using her name to garner trust to buy it. It's that trash.

13. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Damn it looked good when they put it on her hair on Snapchat. They only put it on her fringe though so I guess that’s cause it’s trash

14. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I’ve seen a lot of rave reviews from people I follow on twitter and now I’m just curious what their hair is like. Hayley has thin hair so I’m wondering if it works better for that somehow.

15. Kiana Nov 24, 2017
    Kiana

Tbh as I look close up even on the ads and stuff on their site I can see the gritty consistency. I think maaaaybe it may work on lighter hair because you use less to get the pigment. But I legit could not walk around like this. There's no way. It'd transfer anywhere I sit, it feels like sand in my hair, and it's sticky and gross. I looked on twitter and saw a couple neg reviews but didn't check on their hair color. I'm hoping that maybe when I wash it out tonight it will keep a bit of the pink and wash out the grit. But even as I was applying it it was all streaky and weird. I was hoping when I brushed it would blend but it just made it look frizzy. Im sitting with my hair in a towel until I go home and wash it. It's gross because it sits on top of the hair and doesn't sink in, which is prob how it washes out easily. It's unwearable and I'm so annoyed I spent like $25 on something I can't use or return

I was so excited cause I miss having bright hair and loved the appeal of being able to wash it out for work. I may try to work with it a bit more on a hair washing day but it feels so gross idek

16. Kiana Nov 24, 2017
    Kiana

I just took out the towel and everyone laughed at me lol. The dye like stuck to the towel and it hurt to take it off and when I did it was sticking up everywhere like Albert Einstein up in here

Update: washed my hair. I kinda gave up washing it out cause my shampoo is $. There is still some pink in my hair which I don't mind (the color itself is nice), but it's still sticky and feels like it will tangle as I sleep. Hoping I'll wake up with a cute hint of pink hair! Also I have pink on everything lol. It seems easy to wash out so not worried, but I put my hood on and it is all pink now and I imagine my pillows will be too. Good thing I like pink!!

17. Carmen SD

Trusted

Speaking of hair colors don't waste your money on the loreal pastels. The one in the regular box not small one bc I haven't tried the small box one. It was a silvery-blue and it came out within 2 washes no lie. It's also misleading since the box even said "permanent" not semi perm or Demi perm, or temp etc.

18. Kiana

I looove having dark hair, but I want the best of both worlds and to have fun colored hair without bleaching it. I think my hair person would kill me if I bleached it. She offered to dye some extensions for me of whatever color I wanted, but adding more hair onto my head seems counterproductive to just about everything ever lol

19. Kiana

So I thought maybe my sis just didn't do it right when she put the dye in my hair. I took the tiniest bit and tried putting it on a small section, hoping if I diligently brushed it or tried to blend it in, it'd be less clumpy and I could eventually build it up. No dice. I wasn't successful at washing it all out, espesh in the back, so I rocked light pink tips today. Which would be cool but it turned my brush and straightener pink. And my mom's jacket I borrowed. It washes out but it sucks that it's everywhere. A girl's not made of laundry quarters!! Somehow there's even lil pink clumps on my bathroom mirror and that is not where I dyed it lol. I'm guessing they somehow flew out when I tried to brush it. My hair feels like I loaded it up with hairspray and texturizer. Blegh

20. Kiana

Really, Sephora, with that $20 off nonsense???? Right after the vib sale??

Mayra likes this.
  21. Carmen SD

Trusted

I hate how many fly aways I have. It makes it look like my hair isn't brushed or static-y.

22. Dog with a Blog

I am breaking out so badly on my back/side. Anybody else experience this? I’ve had acne on my back before but never to this degree

23. Carmen SD

Trusted

Bought NYX micellar water. Curious to see how it will work. I've never found a "holy grail" makeup remover.

Kiana likes this.
  24. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I think I'm going to get the Sunday Riley UFO kit and hit Rouge

I hate myself

25. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

If you dont have sensitive skin, id probably look in to benzoyl peroxide. It come in different %. The highest you can buy is 10% which would clear it up rather quickly. since its not your face the skin might be less sensitive to start with. Id at least get 5% though

Bloodsucker II likes this.