Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 70

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg I have thick hair too so I'll look into it!

2. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i have an undercut too for a few months now and its great. def rec if you have thick hair currently. i was a little nervous to get it cause shaving half your hair seems like a big commitment but ive been happy with it. you can make it small or as big of an undercut you want. mines about half way up my head in the back.

3. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

My. Lips. Are. Fucked.

I'm using every chap stick and lip mask (even Bite!!!) and they're still cracked, peeling, sore.

Heeellllllppppppppppp

4. Jams

Trusted

I have a certain spot on my lip that is really sensitive and always cracks open and bleeds. When it gets like that I just keep slathering on Neosporin and it usually heals it up. I still haven't found a lip balm I love so I am no help in that department.

lish likes this.
  5. Kiana

I used to have chapped lips all the time. Now I just run my toothbrush over my lips and put a Burt's bees chapstick on afterwards. And I swear my lips are in better condition wearing lipstick everyday I swear!! When I put nothing on them I feel like they get chapped thru the day but with lipstick they don't usually.

lish likes this.
  6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Cocoa butter Vaseline my friend!!!!

Also I randomly got this chapstick in my stocking for Christmas last year made by a crafty grandma company called Desert Woman Botanicals that healed my lips in Minneapolis cold in 24 hours. I think it’s available online!!

7. lish

Vaseline has never done it for me :/

But I'm intrigued by the other one!
    I've tried the toothbrush trick, but I'll keep working with it! Scrubbing definitely helps, but only so much for me :(

I bought some of the Lush scrub, which is pretty nice. The continued dryness after is just killer, though

8. marissalg

Trusted

The Smith’s rosebud salve is my favorite. It works for Beyoncé and it works for me.

lish likes this.
  9. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Does anybody know or rec an inexpensive, cruelty free eyebrow product for already full brows? I use Milani pencil now and i notice at the end of day the product clumps in my eywbrow hairs and looks cakey.

10. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

if anyone has dealt with dermatitis/eczema on their eyelids, please tell me what to do!!! i am dying. i'm used to having weird scaly patches on my hands once it gets cold but this is next level and it's painful/horribly inconvenient. i bought an eye cream from burt's bees and that helps topically but i go to sleep and wake up with the same flaky/red/itchy/burny problem. i'm trying cocoa butter because that helps my hands. i'm wary of putting cortizone near my eyes. if anyone has a miracle cure, please let me know.

11. lish

Heaven fucking help me the Sephora sale is on.

12. lish

And I already ordered that Tarte bundle from their site

13. Kiana

I haven't even looked yet smh

14. lish

I've made three orders wtf is wrong with me

But my Christmas presents are done and I might have picked up a Glam Glow set and a couple of eye palettes... and two lip masks because my lips are dry as fuck

15. Kiana

I got Xmas presents for ppl. The stila liquid eyeshadow set, a couple Huda palettes, and one stila liquid eyeshadow for myself. I only need to buy something for my nephew and then I just have giftcards and money to put together

16. lish

Grabbed a perfume set for mom, cologne set for dad. The Becca Apres Ski eye lights palette and the ColourPop golden palette for me. Debating on keeping the GlamGlow kit or giving it to my sister

Might actually just order her the SuperMud set because she loooooves face masks

17. Jams

Trusted

I got a Huda palette and an Ole Henriksen advent calendar for me. I did a boat load of damage taking my nephews Christmas shopping so I had to be good lol That was enough anyway. Even after the 2 gift cards I had it still was expensive X-(

18. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

What brands in general do you guys find make you breakout less? I often suggest bare minerals but there must be more out there.

thanks.

19. Carmen SD

Trusted

Used my 20% VIB for the limited edition bite beauty lipstick. Then o got a Russian red lip duo kit from Mac. The Japanese store was out of these sheet masks I wanted to buy. I guess they were rearranging the store? They were out of a lot of stuff. I'm suppose to be at the mall looking for new work shoes because my old ones are worn, but I'm buying lipstick instead

marissalg and lish like this.
  20. lish

I always buy makeup when I should be buying other things.

21. lish

Man... I have a friend who has the cakiest foundation and I don't even know how to say anything about it because she says she loves the products she's using. But every time I see her, even if it's right after she puts it on, it's powdercake city. :/

22. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I feel you. You really need to say something haha
    when I was leaving universal studios I saw this lady with the woooorst oxidized foundation on her face. It was so orange and so clearly a different color from her neck. I wanted to SO BAD tell her about it and maybe educate her on oxidization if she didn't know. But she was with 2 guys and I didn't want to embarrass her. But they have to have noticed, right? Ugh that was like a week ago and it's still eating at me that I didn't say something.

ETA I also felt terrible that this happened as we were in the parking lot meaning she walked around all day like that :/

23. lish

Seriously. And she does this weird raccoon eyeliner and it's just... I want to say something but I'm pretty sure it's how she's always done it

24. Jams

Trusted

Sephora....why do you even let me pick samples when you know damn well you will never, ever send me them?????? 2 orders. Not 1 sample I picked. Oh well. Less samples cluttering up my space. I'll just bring em to Thanksgiving and someone will want them.

25. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I really hope this isn't inappropriate, but my wife recently became a rep for Glossier and I'm very proud of her! You ca get a discount through her. Link to her page:

Glossier

lish likes this.