Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 69

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Liz

Ew, David

Boy Brow, Balm Dotcom, Milky Jelly Cleanser, Super Bounce, and the masks are my favorites. Their new fragrance, Glossier You, smells really good too, if you like perfume

2. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

have you used the skin tint? i don't ever wear foundation because my skin is so sensitive, but it seems like their whole marketing thing for it is that it's barely there. i've seen mixed reviews in that it's not really worth it because it's so low-coverage, but i just want something that will even out my skin tone for holidays and like, work events.

3. Liz

Ew, David

I haven't used the skin tint. I never wear foundation either because I hate how it feels on my skin but from what I've heard, their skin tint is pretty sheer and lightweight.

4. Carmen SD

Trusted

Has anyone ordered from bonanza? What was your experience?

5. Jams

Trusted

Just got my VIB sale card in the mail today. VIB Rouge is 20% off 11/3-11/6 and 11/10-11/15. VIB is 20% off 11/10-11/15 and BI is 15% off 11/10-11/15. Code for VIB is 20FORVIB.
    I've been waiting for thisssss!! I got some gift cards ready to spend!

marissalg likes this.
  6. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I have a 20% off coupon for everything (including prestige) at Ulta that expires tomorrow, but I don't know what I'd even buy. I'm trying to focus more on good skincare, and less on makeup recently. It also includes 250 bonus points with a $60 purchase, which happens to be the exact amount I need to reach the $125 reward.

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm finally gonna get into fenty with this sale. Get all my Xmas shopping outta the way too

8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

does anyone have a drugstore foundation recommendation? I just ran out and I'm not sure I want to rebuy again

9. Carmen SD

Trusted

I've always like maybelline dream matte mousse or neutrogena? Age rewind. But drugstore doesn't personally give me the coverage I want or lasts so I don't use it anymore

10. Kiana

I used to stan Revlon colorstay whipped foundation before I started using higher end

11. Carmen SD

Trusted

Out of the two drugstore ones I've used, I probably liked the dream matte mousse better, but I ran out of product quicker. It was my go-to foundation at one point because it stayed on more even when I'd sweat after sports practice.

I also want to try fenty, but I still have my Kat Von d lock it and some tarte foundation that I'm not even close to being out of

supernovagirl likes this.
  12. supernovagirl

I would be open to a higher end foundation but I just don't know which to get and I don't want to spend the money and hate it.

13. Kiana

I never thought high end was worth it but I started using all the samples Sephora sent me and found ones I liked and it was a game changer. Unfortunately cause they're so expensive

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. Carmen SD

Trusted

I use to tell myself I'd never buy high end because I didn't want to spend the money, and I agree with kiana, it's a game changer. At least it was for me. I always go back to tarte foundation. I've tried the Sephora brand and Kat Von d, and I didn't like them as much.

15. Kiana

I think high end kinda evens out cause in my experience I use way less of it so it lasts longer. Versus drugstore where I have to use more of it to be effective. And tbh it just feels better on my skin. Once I accidentally grabbed drugstore foundation out of my drawer and I noticed as soon as it touched my face that it wasn't the right one. I do think drugstore foundation can work for lots of ppl tho, but it isn't for me. I use other drugstore stuff and they have def stepped up their game since I was in hs

16. supernovagirl

It usually takes me forever to go through a foundation so I definitely don't mind spending more money on it since it will last so long. I just don't know how to find one I'll like and think is worth the money, you know?

17. Kiana

Tbh I'd research which products are best for ur skin type or concerns. I hear Reddit has an awesome beauty community tho I'm not part of it so idk. But I'd just Google stuff and ask around. When you've got it narrowed down I'd go to Sephora if ur near one. They are generous with samples. Test them out and see what u like best! I remember wearing a sample of Kat von d foundation and being so Impressed when I cried and it stayed on and looked great that I ordered it the next week lmao. I don't use it anymore tho. I've been using the PUR one but I'm just too curious about that fenty. My sis has it and always looks great with it on

18. marissalg

Trusted

I tried a few drug store foundations but it was so hard to find a good match since I couldn’t swatch them and a couple broke me out so I switched to high end. I try to grab my UD Naked foundation during the Sephora early sales so it’s not as bad. The staff at my Sephora are wonderful and helped me pick out something that matched well and fit my needs.

19. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I really like the MUFE Ultra HD foundation. It's the only high end foundation (aside from Bare Minerals grossness) that I've purchased. I'm probably not going to repurchase, but I really do like it.

20. Liz

Ew, David

Anyone buy beauty advent calendars/have any favorites? I'm trying to decide between the Sephora calendar and the Birchbox one

21. Kiana

All of a sudden my hair is driving me crazy. Like it's itching the back of my neck and I just wanna put it up which is super unlike me because normally I refuse to put it up for any reason. I do not like this recent development. My hair isn't even long but it has been before and I never had this issue smh like I just wanna shave it off but not rly

22. personalmaps

do you use sulfate-free shampoo/conditioner? i had this problem and that pretty much solved it.

23. Kiana

I think it's cause I'm growing it out a bit so I can feel the extra length starting to grow and touch the back of my neck in a place that it didn't before :-/

24. marissalg

Trusted

The Birchbox seems like a much better deal. The Sephora box samples are really tiny and some of their products are kinda meh.

Liz likes this.
  25. personalmaps

ahhh yeah that makes sense. honestly i highly recommend getting an undercut - when i had long hair it was a life saver (but i have like stupidly thick hair). removed the baby hairs problem and the "bottom half of my hair falls out of ponytail" problem!!