Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 67

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

I wish I could pull off red lipstick, but don't feel like I can, yet people with same skin tone as me can pull it off. Wet n wild had a red shade in their catsuit lip color. Maybe I'll give it a go and try it out.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm house sitting rn so I can't go home and check but I wanna say the nyx shade is Perfect Red. Temptalia usually has good dupe examples!!

mercury likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

Damn. I moved recently and there's no Lush near me. Dumb.

4. Carmen SD

Trusted

Sephora was out of UD heat so I bought Subculture. There was a girl there who works for Anastasia who shows people differences in pigmentation and fall out with uses of different brushes. I also bought a ABH lip color bc I'm addicted to lipstick and on my target run the red catsuit lipcolor from wet n wild

5. Jams Aug 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 30, 2017)
    Jams

Trusted

Damn you Sephora! They sent me an email about a limited edition luxury Sephora Play bag. I had it in my cart, picked my samples, went to check out....it emptied my entire cart and now when I try to go back to the bag it says the link is broken :redanger:Fine, don't take my money then!!
    Edit: OK it let me check out when I used the Sephora app??? Idk why but hopefully I actually get one!

6. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

Yeah I'm buying that shit

gimmmemeeeeeee

Jams likes this.
  7. Jams

Trusted

MSA just released spoilers for what's in the bag and hot damn some of this shit is so expensive. I don't care what this stuff does for my face, nothing could justify $150 for a damn moisturizer X-(It'll be fun to try everything though!

8. lish

Is it the La Mer moisturizer?

Shit smells like old lady

9. Jams

Trusted

It's Amorepacific. I thought that was pricey...then I looked at the SK-II Essence and about died. $179!!! Even if I was rich I wouldn't pay that lol

10. lish

holy shiiiiiiiiit

omg there's a TF lipstick

I've been dying to try one

11. Jams

Trusted

The TF lipstick is what I'm most excited to try. Lipstick is my fave and I've never tried TF before.

lish likes this.
  12. Jams

Trusted

And I am back to enable y'all further lol Ulta 21 days of beauty starts Sunday. Best deal is def (if you are platinum) the Nars Narsissist palette for 50% off ($27.50).

lish likes this.
  13. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

does anyone know how that palette is with fall out? All of my current eyeshadows have the worst fallout

14. Carmen SD

Trusted

I have the Shea Moisture peace rose oil complex sensitive skin mud mask, and it never use to make my face fell like it is boring until now. Won't be buying again. I also have this Sephora collection moisturizer that I won't buy again because I'm pretty sure it dries out my face. I buy too many different things all the time so I have like 4 moisturizers, and I have to stop doing that. Been sticking with one item until it's gone, then going to the next one I have until I run out.

15. Jams

Trusted

Oops I shoulda been more specific, sorry. Forgot like all their palettes are "narsissist" but this is one of the cheek palettes.

skogsraet likes this.
  16. lish

I hate that I'm going to be unemployed soon because I really want to buy a lot of the stuff on sale ughhh

17. Jams

Trusted

I dyed my hair red last week. It came out brighter than I thought it would be and I hated it. But after a few washes it toned down and was the color I had wanted. I'm still getting used to it so idk if I'll keep it red or not. But I saw my family yesterday and they all kept going on and on about how nice it looks and they are the kinda people who if it looks like shit they will tell you so I guess it doesn't look awful lol

18. Yasqueen4

Trusted

Where's the thread for people who shower like 2x/wk?

19. kassie09

Regular

My chi hair straightener got a masssive crack in it when I dropped it and now it just rips my hair out, so I need to buy a new straightener..

Any recommendations on ones better than a chi?

20. Carmen SD

Trusted

I shower about 2x/wk. only because I don't have time to shower more :/ I work so much and too tired when I get home (around midnight) then I have to up again in the morning

Yasqueen4 likes this.
  21. Kiana

I shower about dailyish. It's why I loved when I worked out cause I always showered and washed my face at night. If I don't shower I'm prone to being lazy about washing my face at night. I only wash my hair like 2x a week tho.

After making my big declaration about switching to ulta I'm already reconsidering just cause it's so annoyeing to have to pay for shipping and Sephora has spoiled me with that life of not having to buy more just to reach the minimum to get free shipping. Oftentimes the sale price with ulta is negated for me with shipping and it's bs they need to learn from sephora and have a 10/yr flat shipping fee or something.

marissalg likes this.
  22. Carmen SD

Trusted

$40 brushes for $12. Yes

mercury likes this.
  23. Kiana

I wanna try the fenty stuff but there's nothing I need right now. My sister said the foundation is amazing but I am not even close to being out of my current one to try it

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Kiana likes this.
  25. Jams

Trusted

The Sephora Gimme More Lip set was released today and I was so looking forward to it but I'm not buying it. It is super boring for me. I looked up swatches of everything and it seemed like mostly nude and pinky nude colors which isn't my thing. Oh well, saves me money.