Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 66

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Jams

Trusted

Been waiting for a 20% off coupon at Ulta to cash in all my points. Finally got one today!! Too bad idk what to buy bc I don't need anything....And the only thing I want (UD Naked Heat) the coupon won't work on...of course lol

lish likes this.
  2. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I have a 20% coupon too. I haven't figured out what I want to get. Maybe a Tarte palette

Jams likes this.
  3. Jams

Trusted

Why am I so bad at decisions???? Got my cart loaded up with a bunch of shit and I'm just sitting here like "but is that what I really want?? Is there something I'm not thinking of?" Why do I do this??

4. Carmen SD

Trusted

ABH subculture has mixed reviews so I think I'll wait on purchase. What I want is UD heat.

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I love putting makeup on but lately I've been barely wearing it cause I haaaate taking it off. It feels like the most inconvenient thing ever when I'm tired and wanna go to bed

6. marissalg

Trusted

I looove the olay daily facial wipes. They take off so much more than just regular wipes so easily.

Kiana likes this.
  7. Carmen SD

Trusted

The wipes I really like were the ology brand from Walgreens. Haven't found other drugs store brands that worked well for me. Burts bees probably comes next and I really want to try the Shea moisture wipes.

8. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I'm currently liking the Skinfood Rice wipes from Ulta. They don't remove all my makeup, but they do a pretty good job and don't dry out my skin, and then I remove the remaining makeup off with Clinique Clarifying Lotion.

9. goation

Regular

+1

Not Your Mother's shampoo is great stuff. Everyone with hair should be using dry shampoo. It's bad for your hair to wash it every day and actually makes your hair greasy more frequently. If you wash your hair every few days and then use dry shampoo in between then that's a lot better for it.

10. Kiana

I wash my hair like 2-3x a week and I've never felt like it needed dry shampoo between washes

goation likes this.
  11. goation

Regular

lucky! Idk maybe guy's hair is different. Since I've started washing my hair less it's gotten a lot less greasy. Maybe you have healthier hair than I do currently? It's gotten better. My current schedule is; Day 1: Wash Hair Day 2: Nothing (sometimes conditioner) Day 3: Dry Shampoo Day 4: Nothing Day 5: Wash

12. Kiana

I have rly dry hair tbh so I just leave it alone and usually on the 4th day it's greasy enough that I need to wash it. It does lose volume when I don't wash it, but my hair is so thick and idk... fluffy, that it just kinda looks like normal hair when it loses volume haha. I usually wash it it a lil more often than that tho cause it can get gross at work.

13. Jams

Trusted

I am so jealous of everyone who doesn't have to wash their hair daily. I have the oiliest hair on the planet so I have to wash it all the time. I have yet to find a dry shampoo that actually works good for me. They work good at first but my hair is back to looking like a grease ball by the end of the day :tear: I'm trying a new shampoo (again) tonight so hopefully it will help.

14. goation

Regular

I used to have this problem and washed my hair once or even twice a day but when I stopped washing it as much it actually helped a lot. When you wash your hair frequently it strips your hair of oils and dries it out so your body overproduces it.

It sucks for the first few weeks but try switching to shampoo every other day and conditioning every day. Then try to get shampoo every 2 days. Your hair will actually get less greasy over time. Also if dry shampoo isn't cutting it try a leave in conditioner.

Same thing with skin. I used to have really oily skin so I would wash my face and not moisturizer on purpose to try to cut back on oil. Once I started using a good sized pump of moisturizer two times a day, my oily face went away.

j0hnnyrt and skogsraet like this.
  15. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I can vouch for this 100%, my hair used to get greasy by day 2 until I stopped washing it so often

goation likes this.
  16. Jams Aug 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2017)
    Jams

Trusted

Yeah I've tried only washing it every few days before bc my hairdresser suggested it to me (and I tried it for a few months straight) and it didn't help at all unfortunately. I'm trying tea tree bc someone recommended that to me but idk. We'll see if that works but I'm not getting my hopes up lol I think I am just cursed bc nothing works :verysad:I'm really self conscious about it but idk what else to do.
    Edit: ok I have been googling this like a mad woman. I think mine is with my hyperhidrosis (basically I am a sweaty beast). Like I always have acne all over my scalp and am just the sweatiest person alive. Now I'm going to try just straight up powder and see if that works? I use dusting powder on my body and it helps some so maybe??

17. marissalg

Trusted

Have you ever tried a clay mask? There's a L'Oréal one that has really great reviews! You put it on as a pre shampoo treatment and then wash your hair normally.

Jams likes this.
  18. Jams

Trusted

I've never even heard of this before! Thanks! Will definitely try that.

19. Kiana

My skin has been clear for a lil over a month and now I notice pimples popping up noooooooooo. I swear to god I will change something in my skincare routine and my skin will be clear for a month and then revert back. This time I thought I was all good cause my skin usually breaks out before my period and it didn't but now idk hopefully its a fluke!! I def passed the usual hormonal period of time so idk why they are here but imma cross my fingers that it is temporary

Richter915 likes this.
  20. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

My skin is now almost back to regular skin color.

21. Kiana

I made my first order since I switched to Ulta and omg they need a deal like Sephora where u can pay $10/year for free 2 day shipping. I feel like I ordered my package a century ago and it doesn't get here until Monday! It's not like abnormally slow, but I've been spoiled.

Also I have never found a deodorant that I love. Dove is like too moisturizing for me and it gets all slick like I'm super sweaty but I'm not? I am using a Degree one rn cause it was on sale, but I don't think I'll repurchase.

22. Jams

Trusted

To anyone else who is platinum at Ulta: 10x points on select items and 5x points on everything else is tomorrow. http://www.ulta.com/platinum10x/ There is the link for the 10x brands/items. Plus free shipping!!

23. Kiana

I always floss with my waterpik thing but I don't have a travel one so I used regular floss and omg it hurt as soon as I put it in between the tooth with the cavity I just had filled. So I was like omfg and tried to take it out AND THE FLOSS GOT STUCK. For like a minute but it felt like forever and my gum got all bloody. Smh my water floss never does this to me!!!

24. Kiana

I bought ruby woo. Idk what I was expecting like magic or something, but I def have lipsticks from wet n wild, nyx, and urban decay that are basically the same but were cheaper.

25. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

ooh what are the NYX/Urban Decay shades that are similar?? One of my friends left a ruby woo at my place after a party and told me to keep it, now I'm a huge fan