Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 64

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

@Kiana what lipstick do u wear? i rly like the colors

2. Kiana Jul 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 18, 2017)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Thanks! I have like 200 because im a ridiculous human who needs to be stopped but my main rotation is: Urban Decay in Anarchy and Firebird, NARS in Cruella and Mascate, and Kat Von D in Bauhau5

Because those are all ridiculously priced I also stan for the nyx soft matte lip creams and maybelline matte lipsticks! Also my new fave thing is using nyx glitter primer over my lipstick and then adding glitter!

aranea likes this.
  3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

ooooh i'll prob get one of the urban decay ones then. thanks :blush:

4. goation

Regular

How long should I stick with a skin care routine before changing out products? My acne comes and goes in waves. This current routine is helping but I have a feeling my moisturizer and toner could be better.

5. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I say give any product six to eight weeks before changing. If you're female, two menstrual cycles.

goation and AelNire like this.
  6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Good skin always makes a come back, don't worry!

AelNire likes this.
  7. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

That's interesting because it's essentially just sunscreen. Anyone with rosacea should be putting on spf 30 and above all day everyday. Sunlight is a common trigger.

AelNire likes this.
  8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I wear 50spf religiously. It gets really bad in the winter. I feel like that's not normal.

Richter915 likes this.
  9. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

You're doing the smart thing and you'll have super healthy skin with minimal wrinkles in the future.

Every rosacea is different with their own set of triggers. I'm guessing cold dry air is part of what sets yours off and that's why eucerin works since it's a really soothing moisturizer.

AelNire likes this.
  10. Kiana

I hate routines. Tonight I got home and just wanted to sleep. But I was like well I guess i should wash my face. Well dang i need to brush my teeth. Oh yeah flossing is also important. Ugh I have to take my birth control pill. I should probably take Nyquil too cause I'm sick. So 1000 years later and now I don't feel tired anymore.

Richter915 likes this.
  11. Carmen SD

Trusted

I saw that ABH came out with a new eye palette and omg I want it! And I still want to get UD heat. I'm going broke. I need to stop!

supernovagirl likes this.
  12. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Flossing scientifically proven to be useless! One less stress in your life!

supernovagirl likes this.
  13. Kiana

Wuuuuuut omg

14. musicandlyrics

Xaxa Mckenzie

Loving the charcoal mask, it really is effective. Don't forget to have some Celeteque hydration moisturizer afterwards.

15. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

if you mean the subculture one then HEAVY SAME ugh

16. Carmen SD

Trusted

That's probably the one. I couldn't remember the name.

17. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Yup it was a recent report. The caveat is that it's useless if it's done how most people do it, which is very quickly and superficially. Brushing and mouthwash is enough.

Bringing this back to the beauty thread, I'm completely opposed to bleaching and whitening teeth. Folks, your teeth shine just as bright with good brushing and mouthwash. Twice a day every day.

18. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

So many people I know, from patients to my wife, swear by charcoal mask. I need to dig into the science of it.

Anyone here who charcoal masks, what is your preferred brand?

19. Carmen SD

Trusted

I was gonna ask about good charcoal mask brand. One I'm done with my current mud mask, I want to buy a charcoal one. Biore looked good. I think that's was the brand.

20. Kiana

The Origins charcoal mask is my absolute fave. Love it.

I have a water floss and I wanna get some mouthwash so I can put it in there and floss/mouthwash at the same time. I need to up my teeth game

Richter915 likes this.
  21. Carmen SD

Trusted

I found some glasses I really liked at SAMs club that don't feel heavy on my face and make my nose look big like my current glasses do. I hope they still have them in a few months in case I become more blind and need a new prescription

Richter915 likes this.
  22. Kiana

MAC is giving away free lipstick tomorrow for national lipstick day. Shades and details vary by location. I probably can't get one cause the nearest MAC is an hour away but I'd def take advantage if I lived closer!

Richter915 and Carmen SD like this.
  23. Carmen SD

Trusted

WHAT! Seriously. I must go then.

24. Carmen SD

Trusted

Although I strongly dislike Walmart, they usually have better deals and more of a selection of certain products I buy. I went in to buy the Porcelana cream, but they didn't have it at the location closer to me. I have to drive to the other side of town- according to Google that's where you can pick it up in store. Examples of those products: Shea Moisture, Burts Bees, and some other natural lines.

25. kassie09

Regular

I've started wearing sunscreen everyday on my face and neck because I am so terrified of aging. I also started using night serums and under eye cream and I'm 26.

R/ skincareaddicition has made me so paranoid.

I'm terribly vain. People thinking I'm pretty is too important to me.

skogsraet likes this.