Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 63

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

Seeing the NARSissist palette in person, I didn't really like it. I bought tarteist pro. Next time I want clay matte. Bought another rainforest of the sea lipstick. I also liked the NAKED basics, but don't know if it's worth the $54. I'll just wait until I can buy the Heat palette

2. I love how makeup and beauty in general are portrayed in Korean's culture. To see male idols use it when I discovered Kpop was the moment it suddenly clicked for me : it's so fascinating and I'd love to do the same. Also, seeing more and more LGBT people on Instagram and Youtube talking about make up to warm my heart. Why should I have to hide the fact I love things unfairly seen as "girly" ? Social norms are dumb.

3. Carmen SD

Trusted

Speaking of Korea, I know Sephora has a few Korean beauty products, but I feel they're so overpriced. Even the Too Cool for School brand. I can go online to sites like tony moly and kollection k and get things similar for much cheaper.

I also see a girl who was about 12 the other day asking for a toner for dry skin and i wanted to hell her don't waste your money when drug stores and good ones for much cheaper

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I have a hard time believing this shit works.

$15 a pop.

I could have post about these already.

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

What are they supposed to do

6. Carmen SD

Trusted

I heard about those. I'd probably buy it but never use it

7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

They go on clear and turn whatever color the flower inside is.

8. Kiana

Omg that sounds wild why am i such a sucker for gimmicks. I need one.

AelNire likes this.
  9. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

This is an example of one.

10. Kiana

Oh ph level lipstick is kinda basic and all looks the same. Gimmick averted!

AelNire likes this.
  11. Kiana

I didn't have my glasses on and I used my acne gel instead of toothpaste for a second!! Omg! That gel is expensive!

AelNire and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I like that you weren't worried about dying from eating medicine like I'd be, you know what's important

13. Kiana

Apparently my face sunblock is much better than the one I use on my body cause I got a teeny tan on my body but my face is still stark white so boo @ this mismatch

skogsraet likes this.
  14. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Wow. Did not even know that was a thing. I use sunblock only on my face most days and I was thinking my BB cream was too light but this explains why my face is lighter than my body with or without BB cream lol

Kiana likes this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

Anybody else have hella rosy cheeks and if so, how have you dealt with it? I dunno if I need to drink more water or if I'm just really sensitive to the sun but my cheeks, like the higher area below my eyes, are always super dry and red and it's really frustrating.

16. Kiana

Is it rosacea?

17. Dog with a Blog

It's not. At least as far as I can tell. Doesn't seem that intense

18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Richter915 and Bloodsucker II like this.
  19. Dog with a Blog

Cool, thanks for the tip

20. Carmen SD

Trusted

Saw a commercial for something called Porcelana. Anyone here tried it before? I want to purchase. It has good reviews and I can get it at Walgreens or Walmart (so says the Internet)

21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

The days of my good skin are over. I am broken out all the time. It's really sad.

22. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I super need to get green primer or something. My cheeks are so red sometimes.

Also omg it's a long story but basically my SO is a twitch streamer and he has a fan that has a huge crush on him and she sent him this crazy care package...well she follows both of us on twitter and knows I'm really into makeup and have done makeup streams on twitch before..
    ya'll she sent me an unopened Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill highlighter. I die. That shit is so expensive I would never ever buy it for myself.
    she also sent a limecrime lippie. I would also never support that company with my own money but the products are bangin as far as I've heard so....not complaining...

Richter915, Kiana and AelNire like this.
  23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I didn't know limecrime did that shit. Dammit. I love their lipstick.

supernovagirl likes this.
  24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

yeah man honestly I am not really the kind of person who boycotts companies but that is one I never would support financially.

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I lose count there are so many shitty things a lot of these makeup brands have done.

supernovagirl likes this.