Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 60

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I like my brown hair but I'm thinking of doing dirty blonde again.

1923636_534161204831_1552_n.jpg

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I got the Revlon Photoready Eye Art in Topaz Twinkle and it is awesome. I was worried cause it's cream and liquid but it didn't crease at all. I used the cream side as a base, and then put on a shade from Physician's Formula Shimmer Glam Nude strips to set it and put on the sparkly liquid liner from the Revlon thing all over my lid and it's like an amazing gold disco ball that stays on all day. I wanna get the Revlon thing in every shade but they're nearly $10 each and it adds up when you want like 5 of them lol

lish likes this.
  3. Carmen SD

Trusted

Mascara recommendations!! Need please.

4. Kiana

In my unhelpful opinion it's all about the wand and you gotta figure out what wand you like best. I find most mascara formulas pretty samey. It's all in the wand and once you find a good wand style ur golden. I use wet n wild cat eye mascara. I like that the brush is crazy. It's like a weird tubular double helix hybrid to get some volume and then one side has a fine comb to separate the lashes. But that's just me. I hear lots of ppl say the formula is important to them. They've just never varied much to me.

Except Clinique High Impact. I do really like that one.

5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Dior has an excellent mascara but you know..money.

6. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i like pacifica mascara from target. they have one that you can twist the wand and change it for either volume or length. i have already quite long lashes and i find a lot of mascara looks unnatural looking on me and i find this one is the best and gives the most smooth and natural application whilst still enhancing. the formula is quite rich and ive had no problems of it flaking ever.

the one mascara i dont get the hype is better than sex by too faced. i bought it and hated it...so flakey. but everyone everyone goes on about how great it is.

marissalg likes this.
  7. marissalg

Trusted

For high end I like Benefit's They're Real and UD's Perversion. Better Than Sex was super disappointing for me as well. For drugstore I'm a huge fan of Covergirl's waterproof Lash Blast.

8. Kiana

Yeah I like never have issues with flakey mascara except with Better Than Sex. Massive disappointment

9. Kiana

I want to challenge the dress code at work so bad. I just wanna dye my hair an unnatural color and ideas of professionalism are bs. I think the population we work with might even feel more comfortable with us if we looked more relaxed. Plus a higher up has super unnatural chunky highlights and we just hired someone who has that unnatural auburn shade of red and I think it's bs those things are allowed but other things arent. If ppl are allowed to wear bold teal lipstick, bold teal hair should be allowed too! Imma check on this cause I don't think it makes sense

lish, Jams and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  10. Carmen SD

Trusted

I wear dark lip shades at work and my boss hasn't said anything yet. I wasn't allowed to wear my nose hoop so I had to change it back to a stud. I want to put a crazy color in it but idk if it's allowed. My old job didn't care what color your hair was, piercings etc. it was encouraged.

11. Carmen SD

Trusted

OMG cartwheel has 15% off NYX lip colors. Help.

lish likes this.
  12. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

UD Perversion and Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes from Sephora. I'm still trying to find a good one from the drugstore. :/

13. Carmen SD

Trusted

Thanks everyone for the recommendations! I hope I find one that will be my holy grail! Lol

14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

my favorites are Covergirl Lashblast (in the orange tube) and maybeline lash sensational (pink tube)

15. Kiana

I got a beauty blender finally which is kinda funny cause I'm always buying them as gifts for others lol. So far I'm not crazy about how it applies my foundation but I do like how it applies my finishing powder. I know it can take a while to get the hang of but so far it's not worth the price (yet)

16. janexo

Regular

what type of foundation are you using it with? i loooooooooove my beauty blender but find it doesnt work great with super liquidy foundations as it just absorbs all the product.
    ive never actually used it with powders though so may give this a go!

17. Carmen SD

Trusted

I get my blenders from the dollar store. $20 blenders are a waste imo

18. Kiana

I use PUR bare it all which is like a cream. So far the blender is not really making a positive difference and it gives me less coverage. I do like it with my powder tho cause the powder seems to like go in more lol than just sweeping it on with a brush

19. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I have purple dyed over red hair and its looks like oddly natural but not at the same time. Ive had "rose gold" hair too and it kinda just looked strawberry blonde until you really looked at it. Im glad my work is super relaxed. We have girls covered tattoos, even my manager. one girl has teal hair and i have purple. But i also work in a creative field so its a bit more acceptable.

20. Jams

Trusted

I work from home so I can dye my hair w/e color I want, just can't afford to right now. I wish they made fun colors that showed up on brown hair bc if I didn't have to bleach it that would be so much easier! I just don't feel comfy bleaching my own hair and the upkeep would be so much bc my hair grows like a weed.

21. Kiana

It's weird cause we have ppl with tattoos and I've seen people with like bold teal and purple lipstick and piercings and stuff but for some reason hair seems to be the last thing standing.

22. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

idk how dark your hair is but they sell some semi permanent colors that are made to show on darker hair but its mostly red/purple shades. i had red hair and i dyed it purple over it and it shows. it only lasts for a few washes, like 8 or so so its easy to just wash out if it doesnt work.
    that is so super weird maybe the makeup is more relax cause it washes off at the end of the day but yeah..the piercing/tattoo thing and not hair seems very weird. i dont get rules like that.

Jams likes this.
  23. Carmen SD

Trusted

Sally beauty had reds for dark hair only (as well as Browns and blonde for dark hair) no bleach needed! I haven't came across other colors for dark with without bleach yet. I'm thinking of trying the blondes and then finding a fun color

Jams likes this.
  24. Carmen SD Apr 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2017)
    Carmen SD

Trusted

Target haul:

bought a "goodbye flyaways" hairbrush. Hope it works. My hair is flyaway central and my hair looks like I literally rolled out of bed

Alba Botanica Hawaiian detox renewing lotion. Curious to see how it compares to the coconut rescue lotion.

Alba Botanica pineapple enzyme cleanser.

Got the last Schmidts natural deodorant.

And for the mascara. I went ahead and bought the cove think lash blast in the orange tube.

And a few little other things.

Edit; I also bought lip colors. NYX Suede in Jet Set, and NYX Matte in Haze, and Wet n Wild liquid catsuit in Rebel Rose. The Rebel Rose is almost an exact dupe for Sephora cream lip stain in Pink Frosting. The rebel rose is a smidge lighter.

lish likes this.
  25. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

ugh my Sephora order won't be here until Wednesday. I want itttttttttttt