Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 57

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I don't try to salvage mine either. The curls are always too tight and then it's poofy when I run my hands through it. I throw my hair up into a top knot when it looks bad.

2. Jams

Trusted

I have naturally curly hair and it's very thick. It's like loose ringlets I guess is the best way to describe it. I am absolute shit with styling my hair though. When it was long I either wore it down or put it in a ponytail. Now that it's short I either wear it off to the side or slicked back. I really wish I could do more with it but idk how!

3. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

My hair takes forever to curl with a flat iron or a curling iron, but the velcro roller trick legit saved me. Now it looks like I have a blowout and it lasts for 2-3 days. I wish I knew how to make it easier to do that with shorter hair!

4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I don't know if anyone still does this but we used to do sock curls in high school bc it was easy.

[​IMG]

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

These companies where randos sell beauty products to their friends, making them think they're experts. Someone asked me about skincare and aging and I told her that pretty much any skincare expert person would tell her that sunblock is important. She was like "I'm a skincare person and I still hate wearing sunblock!"

Like sis ur not a skincare person cause u sell some products in ur free time. I'm talking like estheticians or someone whose actual job is skincare and has had extensive training. Ppl are fooling themselves!

fame and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  6. Carmen SD

Trusted

A girl I use to work with would say she works in the "beauty industry" (she worked at ulta) and would tell me not to buy natural makeup (like bare minerals). Like she's not an esti so I'd never listen to her on not to use a certain "type" of product. Like you can say I don't recommend it because... But I use to use bare minerals all the time then I ran into financial issues and couldn't afford it anymore. The only thing I didn't like about bare minerals is they can't match me properly and my face ends up looking 10x darker than the rest of me so I have to go tanning to match it

7. Jams

Trusted

Omg I am so pumped!! I found a bunch of styling videos on youtube on how to style my haircut!! I had googled before but had trouble finding stuff but turns out my hairstyle is called an "undercut" so now that I know it has a fricken name it has made finding videos super easy yay! Hopefully I can actually get my hair to look like in the videos bc I am awful with hair.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. marissalg

Trusted

Does anyone have recommendations for lip plumping products that aren't a gloss? I was looking at Make Up For Ever's new lip boost stuff but there aren't a ton of reviews for it yet.

9. lish

I need to know when the VIB spring sale is. I have $90 in my Paypal account and a list of goodies to buy. :3

Jams likes this.
  10. Jams

Trusted

I have $30 in gift cards so I am ready for the sale. I only can pick up probably 1 thing so I gotta decide. Either gonna get a backup of my serum (but I have a couple months left of it and some people are getting it supposedly in the Sephora Play box....) or the KVD Alchemist palette. Leaning towards the Alchemist palette bc it just looks so fun.

lish likes this.
  11. lish

I think I'm going to get the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. I'm not super decided on that, though. I'm not sure if the sample I got is breaking me out or not.

I need to find another one to try as well. Maybe NARS? idk.

Jams likes this.
  12. Jams

Trusted

I really want a new foundation but my gift card only works in SIJCP and mine has like no options light enough for me :tear: Someday I will make it to the freestanding Sephora and have a field day swatching all the foundations!

lish likes this.
  13. Kiana

I am def getting eye primer and maybe the drunk elephant vit c serum even tho it kinda smells like bacon bits lol. I am using a deluxe sample of smashbox eye primer rn and I have to use a lot of it in order for my eyeshadow to not crease. I need to go back to primer potion.

My face is pretty broken out rn. Hoping it's cause I've been somewhere different all week and have been eating too much junk, and that it'll go back to normal when I'm home and eat like normal again. Grr.

lish and Jams like this.
  14. Jams

Trusted

I am really gross and should prob throw my primer out bc it is sooooo old (like 3 or 4 years old prob oops). But I got a pro size of the primer potion for like $10 bc they were discontinuing that size or something. It is HUGE since it was meant for makeup artists. I still have like half of it left and it still works so I keep using it lol

lish likes this.
  15. lish

I bought one of the travel sizes and it's just so good. I love it.

Jams likes this.
  16. lish

Can they not order it in for you?
    I think mine is from eating candy... I really need to knock it the fuck off.

I may end up buying a mask, too. idk. I defs need to go through and reorganize/destash my collection before this so I can make sure it's quality stuff and not just quantity.

17. Kiana

I'm gross with some makeup things too omg. As long as it smells okay and the consistency is normal I tend to use things still. A few times a year I go thru everything and swatch/smell it all and throw out what seems bad, but if it doesnt... oh well!

lish and Jams like this.
  18. Jams

Trusted

They don't even carry the lightest shades in the majority of the brands so I can't even swatch them to see if they work. I've asked them if they will ever get the lighter shades in so I can try them out and they said probably not and that my best option would be to go to a freestanding Sephora since they carry more brands/shades. I hate being this pale sometimes >:-(

19. lish

The worst.

The girl I talked to about the LM moisturizer said "You'll probably be Sand because everyone is Sand"

No. I'm Porcelain. Sand made me look like Trump.

Jams likes this.
  20. Jams

Trusted

They always do this to me!! They even used the foundation matcher thing on me and then kept trying to get me to buy shit that was sooo orange. I love when I call them out on it and say it's clearly not a match and they say shit like "well everyone wants a tan!!" A tan on just my face??? Noooope lol They have new people working there now so maybe they will be more helpful.

21. lish

oh my god whaaaaaat

Jams likes this.
  22. Jams

Trusted

Yeaahhhh. We had some horrible people who used to work at that store lol The new people seem a lot nicer at least so I don't feel uncomfortable shopping in there anymore.

lish likes this.
  23. Carmen SD Mar 31, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2017)
    Carmen SD

Trusted

Didn't know my main grocery store had Freeman masks for cheaper than rite aid! Although they have a minimal selection and all were masks not cleansers or scrubs alone. I also bought a different type of makeup wipes that are the harsh chemicals I look for. The package comes 60 count instead of like 20 or 30. And they were under $4. Also Queen Helene cocoa butter lotion was under $3, and many places were price it a little higher. I hope it works just as good as Alba Botanica I have. Another obsession with mine. Natural/good working lotions

Edit: didn't realize the lotion I bought has a paraben in it. Mad at myself for not being more careful. Never again.

lish likes this.
  24. Carmen SD

Trusted

Idk if I asked this before, but what is a good face cleanser y'all recommend?? I have makeup removers and different types of masks, toners, but don't have a cleanser. Something more organic/natural. Willing to spend no more than $10.

25. janexo

Regular

i hear good things about cetaphil :)

Carmen SD and AelNire like this.