Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 56

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I forgot to put on moisturizer this morning and my face is all tight and it's killing me.

help

2. Carmen SD

Trusted

Has anyone used a heat cap for their hair before? And were you happy with the results? Thinking about buying one.

3. Jams

Trusted

I really wish Ulta would have a flash shipping thing like Sephora. Not driving makes it hard for me to get stuff and I would shop at Ulta way more if they had a free shipping option other than spending $50. Spending $10 at Sephora for a year of free shipping is so worth it for me. Like I'm currently out of bubble bath and want to get it at Ulta bc they have it on sale plus points, but I'm not making a $50 order for bubble bath and I refuse to pay shipping!

Kiana likes this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Has anyone tried the brand Kokie? The wal mart here just got the brand and their packaging was so cute that I bought a liquid lipstick and a nail polish. I'm a total sucker for like nautical inspired stripes. They had rows of sold out foundation so now I'm intrigued about their foundation!

5. Carmen SD

Trusted

Went to MAC to purchase the lip color + pencil duo in the shade instigator. I wish had the money to have purchased sin and smoked purple (if I liked the colors on me). Because of the anniversary gift, which was patenpolish lip pencil, I choose the color French Kiss. The still didn't have "in my fashion" lipstick. And I bought the eye makeup remover and two lip colors from Sephora.

6. Kiana

If sephora had a credit card I'd be screwed but also happy cause I should probs up my credit

lish likes this.
  7. Kiana

Okay I am DONE. I went from being like "let me randomly youtube this old LeAnn Rimes song" to "let me place an order on Ulta." Because instead of LeAnn Rimes I saw that Kimberly Clark finally posted the look tutorial I've been waiting weeks for and then I had to buy the products from it so bye and oop at me and I wish I could hide my debit card from myself but I've memorized the numbers.

satelliteskin likes this.
  8. satelliteskin

ok

Has anyone tried Curology (formerly PocketDerm)?? A lot of people seem to love it and I'm really intrigued by the idea of working with a dermatologist online

9. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I have been getting shit for this. Do any of you put deodorant in your cleavage and under boob? I do. They're crevices just like armpits.

10. Jams

Trusted

I don't use deodorant but I do use dusting powder. Especially in the summer or when I'm going for a walk or something.

AelNire likes this.
  11. Kiana

I don't, but I know some ppl who put deodorant on their bikini line after they shave to prevent bumps.

12. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm pissed.

Our IT guy is super hot and single. I have to work with him tomorrow so he can show me how to fix an analyzer's computer part bc I only know how to fix the actual machine. OF COURSE I would develop a zit the size of Mt. Everest in a weird place. It's like midway down under my eye but not all the way on the cheek. I have toothpaste on it so we shall see in the morning.

13. Kiana

I need to find a job that pays decent and lets me have bright colored hair. srsly, if my job would allow that they'd prob have me forever lol

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  14. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I had an appt to do my hair like this. Someone overheard me and let me know it wasn't allowed. Boooooooo.

[​IMG]

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  15. Kiana

omg I love it!

I get summers off so I wanted to dye it just over summer and do it like this but my hair person crushed my dreams and told me it wouldn't be worth the hassle for just a summer

20170326_205604.png

16. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Ooooooo that's pretty. Fucking jobs ruining every damn thing. We can't wear fingernail polish either.

17. Carmen SD

Trusted

I'm not sure if my company allows un-natural colored hair. I really want to put purple in it. I might just end up doing silver because I already have bunch of gray hair so why not.

18. lish

Velcro rollers are great. My hair looks awesome.

19. Kiana

I still haven't found a good way to curly my hair since I cut it shorter. I used to do headband curls when it was a little longer than it is now, and when it was way longer I'd use my curling iron as a curling wand and do it that way. But now it's like just short enough that those things don't work anymore. When I tried to use a smaller barrel curling iron the curls were way too tight and ringlet-y

20. lish

Flat iron. When my hair was lob-length, I'd use my Nume iron to curl it and it worked really well. Just have to be careful with the heat and not holding the iron in one spot too long.

21. Kiana

I suck at it with the flat iron when it's short! Every time I try I just make weird bends. I've watched like a zillion youtube videos that make it look easy and I always fail lol

22. lish

It defs takes some getting used to

23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

@Kiana When I had your length hair I did it kinda like this w/ a curling iron. I don't have super thick hair though.

24. Kiana

I've always been bad with doing my hair. It just never turns out. At least makeup if it doesn't turn out like I plan I can kind of improvise something new. When I screw up my hair it's too hard to salvage. When it was longer it was also easier to reach to style too. But I need to spend a day figuring it out cause I cut my hair nearly a year ago and still struggle to style it

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

My hair won't curl. Thinking about getting a perm. I've always wanted to one.

What is everyone's thoughts about the Laura Merceier Lightstruck Pallette? I like the colors but idk if it's worth the limited edition buy!