Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 55

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

Yeahhhhh it was like $15 when it would have been $70 at a salon up here. Insane.

AelNire likes this.
  2. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i went to the dermatologist recently and so i get bad cystic acne all based on hormonal period related breakouts. I have relatively no acne besides when I get these really bad watery ones when i'm PMSing. Last month I got a few really bad ones, more than i have gotten in probably years. So the dermatologist said that i dont have bad skin but the TYPE of acne i get is really hard to treat. Im on BC, Ive taken a lot of other actions to try to not have this acne, but i get these juicy ones every once and a while. sometimes i can go two-three months without having one and then i'll get a bad one. anyways, he said based on everything maybe just do accutane....but i really dont think i want to do it. i dont think my acne is that bad in the first place to do it, its definitely not like i am covered in pimples. its time consuming and the money isnt worth it. I have to go for a doctors visit every month and then pay the cost of the visit and the prescription. thats a lot of money for 6 months for something that doesn't bother me immensely. sure, its not great to get them but i dont know if such a harsh way is necessary.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

accutane is a pain in the ass, you also have to do bloodwork every month, I could never do that

4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I didn't know they prescribed accutane anymore bc of the link to suicides?

5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Is it a good idea to go into a (nice looking) barber shop and just ask the barber to look me over and give me a haircut they think would make me look best? I'm a guy and have had long hair for the past ten years, and I wear tied back all the time now so it's like, I might as well have short hair, but I also really like the way some long pieces sometimes hang down on the sides to give kind of a messy look, so I don't know how to achieve that by losing the ponytail. Also, I just don't get how hair works. I feel like if I get it cut, it'll just like, still be long looking but just be short and that sounds goddamn ridiculous. I obsess over this stuff way too much. If I could take like a month away from the outside world, I would just shave my head and start over

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

always tempted to do that, I just do the same haircut and I'm not even sure I like it, but taking a risk like that would stress me out

TedSchmosby likes this.
  7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Yo, we seem to be on the same page, so listen.. if you do it I'll do it.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I think I remember that, but yeah they definitely do

9. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

yeah, i dont know....i just dont think its worth the hassle for me. like i said, its not dire for the amount of effort and money it'd take. also ive done a really harsh treatment for something medical once before and it fucked me up for like a year....so i just dont want to do something like that again if i can avoid prolonged medicines that are harmful.
    Yeah they have to tell you about it but my Doctor seriously was downplaying the side effects and i know its a pretty serious drug. which also felt weird to me the way he was "selling" it to me. like i said, my acne isn't even that bad honestly.

10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

My sister's boyfriend's lips peeled really bad too. I'm sure they've tweaked the formula so the side effects aren't as risky.

11. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Beard oil has been life changing.

12. Carmen SD

Trusted

Got an awesome deal for Carol's Daughter hair masque for $4!! It was already discounted down to $7, plus a cartwheel offer for $3 off.

13. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

No Nicki (and everyone else) Nooooo

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I do not wanna go back to the 2008ish era of long ratty extensions. pls no.

lish likes this.
  15. lish

Used velcro curlers in my hair this morning

obsessed

16. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Guyzz..it's happening.

I know this is make believe or whatever but still can't be a coincidence.

Kiana likes this.
  17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

AelNire likes this.
  18. lish

Also the Ulta sale is epic. I need to hit them up like five times in the next month now.

midnightxtaylor likes this.
  19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

20. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

21. lish

Urban Decay Perversion is my hg right now

Jams likes this.
  22. Jams

Trusted

Yesss love UD Perversion!! If I needed mascara I would pick some up during the Ulta sale but lol I will never need another mascara in my life. Idk how I have so many when I can't even remember the last time I bought one....I swear they just give those deluxe sizes away with everything.

lish likes this.
  23. lish

I'm picking up a couple on half off day. I have samples but I don't like most of them

Jams likes this.
  24. Kiana

lish and lightning13 like this.
  25. Kiana

I'm so obsessed with washing my face. I hate it in the sense that I'm lazy and tired all the time, but I love the feeling of all the steps and how they complement each other, and after the last step when I've moisturized it's like I can feel it penetrating my skin and it's the best lol. Then waking up the next morning and my face feels clean and refreshed. I feel so gross when I wake up and didn't wash my face the night before, but I get so tired sometimes and convince myself it's the biggest hassle.

Sidenote, I'm still cool with the Drunk Elephant skincare. I've gotten a few small pimples, mostly where I'm bad about applying the product (like the spots sorta on the edges of my face where my hair covers and I forget), but I didn't have the dreaded hormonal breakout this month. And the pimples I've gotten have disappeared after a day or two. The scars on my cheek are still there but have faded quite a bit I think. Still waiting for it all to come crashing down tho cause my skincare routine always does!

lish likes this.