Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

my parents gave me one of those auto-foam soap dispensers for my birthday because i'm such a fucking nerd. (i bought a tart warmer from yankee candle and a bundle of tarts w my tax return.)

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I like it! Dark curly hair >>>>>

Morning and night I do Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin, Thayer's witch hazel toner with rose petal, and a Cetaphil moisturizer. Plus an SPF 55 sunscreen every morning. 1x a week I use an Aztec healing clay mask mixed with apple cider vinegar and if I need a spot treatment I use Origins charcoal mask on the spots I need. But birth control is the biggest help. I'm back on it now and my skin is doing great.

3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Cetaphil works really well.

4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

The only thing I've figured out for sure with my skin is that it doesn't respond well to scrubs at all. Anytime I come close to being really happy with my skin care routine I'm very hesitant to change it because it takes so long to really know if it's working or not.

Right now I use Alba's Good & Clean Gentle Acne Wash morning and night and moisturize with their oil free Hawaiian moisturizer with green tea and aloe. Halfway through the day if my skin looks extra oily I'll use the Simple Micellar Water. And then every few days I use the Biore one-minute charcoal mask. The routine works better than anything I've come up with. I break out from eating chocolate so I try to do that in moderation and I usually break out a little bit before my period. Not on birth control and would definitely be hesitant to be put on it. I really want to find a good spot treatment.

5. Kiana

I feel you. Nailing a routine is so hard and then trying to deviate from it can be risky! Scrubs are usually pretty abrasive so you're not missing much there tbh. I always see that Alba stuff but I've never tried it. Good to know it's not bad! I think the biggest game changer in my skin routine was the Thayer's toner. Smells like old lady but it's so gentle and it got rid of all the little skin colored bumps I had on my forehead that I thought I was doomed to be cursed with forever. I wish I could find something to chill my oily skin tho. All the primers and setting powders in the world don't help much. It's so hard finding a good routine tho cause everyone's skin is so different and what's amazing for one person could kill another person's skin.

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

thanks! Hopefully it will get some length instead of just getting bigger

7. Meerkat

Definitely. Which sucks because it's a tone of trial and error. I really think finding a good spot treatment will be key and then my skin will really even out and start loving me.

I pretty much never wear make-up, so my skin is pretty free all the time. But if I'm working, I have to wear at least foundation (I use the Bare Minerals matte foundation powder) and a lot of times on set if my acne is really bad, they send me to hair and make-up and I walk out with cake layers of foundation on. Which makes my skin look crystal clear, but it perpetuates the breakout and makes anything already there worse. I use the Simple wipes to take it off as soon as I get in the car to go home.

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

9. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I switched foundation because I can never find my color in my old stuff. I did a really good job of matching my skin tone which I am very proud of lol

10. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

:thumbup:

the foundation brush i use:
    EcoTools Bamboo Foundation Brush | Ulta Beauty

cruelty free and natural and recycled materials :D

iplaydrums likes this.
  11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Cargo pants are coming back this summer. *weeping*

12. Meerkat

That reminds me I was thinking of making a Clothing/Fashion/Shoes thread

13. Kiana

You should! I need somewhere to complain about how my boobs make me look really wide and it's impossible to find flattering clothes lol

iplaydrums likes this.
  14. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Do it.

15. Meerkat

16. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Almost every time I get paid, an Ulta magazine shows up in my mail. I'm not even exaggerating.

17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Can I get the ones with the zipoff legs

18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

ChaseTx likes this.
  19. Kiana

Sephora is my weakness. I was looking through my bank statement and I order from Sephora at least once a month, wtf?? I pay $10 to get free 2-day shipping year round and I'm thinking about not renewing it to save myself money, but I don't want to lose my VIB status either. Decisions...

AelNire likes this.
  20. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Gonna read through this thread when I get the chance, subbing rn as a reminder.

I have so much to learn. *sigh*

21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I want to try these paper masks but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

[​IMG]

22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I had an appointment Thursday to do my hair kind of like this picture but I was informed earlier today that I can't bc of work.

[​IMG]

bornunprepared likes this.
  23. Meerkat

@AelNire Nooooo that would've looked perfect. When I quit being an extra I'm dying my hair rose gold and it's gonna be badass

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I loooooooooooooooooove rose gold. It'll look good on you.

iplaydrums likes this.
  25. Meerkat

With the haircut I have it's going to be perfect. I'm so excited

AelNire likes this.