Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skincare/Hair/Make-Up/Beauty Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I know in the Sexism thread we'd end up having conversations about skin care routines and make-up techniques and products once a month, so I thought it might be fun to have our own thread for it. Never in a million years did I think I'd be the one to make it though!

2. Meerkat

I just started using the Biore charcoal one minute face masks. So far, so good

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have arrived

[​IMG]

stnewton, Nick, Wharf Rat and 3 others like this.
  4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

What's the best lotion that I can get for cracked skin? My elbows are pretty dry.

5. Meerkat

kaylasananjou likes this.
  6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

i literally only use ELF brand make up because I'm mega cheap.

Daisy Simpson likes this.
  7. Meerkat

I've been using the Yes To Coconuts hand cream and it's been really good for my cuticles. I'm pretty sure they have a general lotion as well. Target sells it and it's reasonably priced. Aveeno is also good.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. personalmaps

I have crazy dry skin in the winter and I'll sit around with cocoa butter on my hands for a half hour or so to help them heal up.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Thanks! This Jergens lotion isn't cutting it.

10. personalmaps

i grew out a pixie cut so if u want tips i got u

11. Meerkat

Speaking of hair, my undercut is the best thing that's ever happened to me

AndrewSoup likes this.
  12. Not sure if anyone else saw this article, but it went around my twitter feed a week or so ago and I thought it was really interesting, it gave me a perspective on make-up that I had no idea about. (Don't mean to jump in this thread, just saw it pop-up and had been meaning to share somewhere.)

Why Women Waste Time on Makeup
    I guess the best way to generally answer this question is: I don’t wear makeup for men and I don’t wear makeup for other people. I wear makeup for myself, because it’s fun and I like the way I look with it. It’s a little way of changing up my personality every day. I can make myself look younger, older, sweeter, grungier, sexier, or sillier with 30 minutes of powders and pencils and gels and goops, and it’s an artistic expression that I have a ton of fun creating.

Kiana and iplaydrums like this.
  13. personalmaps

undercut moms unite

AndrewSoup likes this.
  14. Kiana

I have a vanity that many people think is a desk and they always compliment me for having a nice area to do my homework and I'm just like mwahahaha it's so cute that you think those drawers are filled with anything besides beauty products

Nick likes this.
  15. personalmaps

lmao. take biotin and use sulfate-free shampoo. OGX is my fave brand and it's like $5 a bottle at target.

16. Meerkat

@Jason Tate That's one of the main things a lot of people don't seem to realize. I only wear it when I'm working and can't have visible bad skin (worst part of being me to be honest) and use it basically as "correction" but for so many it's a simple way of expressing themselves. I know a lot of it has to do with sexism, but it's always amazing to me how people never consider that an option.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Meerkat

AelNire and kaylasananjou like this.
  18. Meerkat

You just answered your own question as to what the first Chorus.fm event will be

19. Kiana

We're talking about beauty and Harry Styles like y'all need to stop before I drop dead

AelNire and Garrett L. like this.
  20. Meerkat

I meant you re-enacting Harry Styles photoshoots, but sure

21. Meerkat

Speaking of beauty as it applies to One Direction: what the fuck did Niall do to his hair

22. Kiana

Best red lipstick: NARS Matte lip pencil in Cruella. Taylor Swift tried convincing the masses that it is NARS Dragon Girl but she is leading you down the path of darkness and it is all a lie. Dragon Girl is good but Cruella is GOAT

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  23. Meerkat

No but now it's bleach blonde. Practically white. And it looks like his hair is about to break off at any second.

24. Kiana

Zayn was the only one with good hair. Sometimes Louis could work it but they've always had tragic hair. Harry's used to be blessed from an angel but it's now so greasy and gross I die a bit inside every time I see it. RIP his beautiful hair.

Nick likes this.
  25. Meerkat

I've never minded Niall's hair. Louis has moments of good hair. Liam's had some good hair but for the MITAM era it was just way too long. Zayn is one of my big fashion inspirations and I'm forever grateful for all his time spent in monochrome outfits

panalundyjoon likes this.