Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skepta - Konnichiwa (May 6, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Apr 13, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Another lost album of 2015 has its release date.

Probably the second best song of last year:

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I just want to point out that this comes out the same day as White Lung, LUH and ANHONI making it possibly the greatest day of the year :peace:

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

cool

4. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

'ere we go

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Speculation surrounding the OVO owl on Shutdown is that it may be a remix with Drake but who knows

fame likes this.
  6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Nah, it's on iTunes and it's still the same version. 4/12 tracks are out there now. Gonna be so weird hearing Shutdown in the context of an album because I've played it so much as a single.

7. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Hyped. That's Not Me is one of my all-time favorites.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Definitely will give this a listen

9. irthesteve

Well shit, looks like he may have to cancel his US tour dates including Coachella today and next Friday

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

That's a shame. Wonder what it means for his Toronto show next month. Even if he gets Canadian visa I doubt it's worth it to come through here for one or two shows. Hope he can get things worked out for the summer. I really want to see him at Osheaga.

11. marceting

Trusted

Man is a great song. Really wondering if he's on Drake's album coming out tomorrow. That would really introduce him to North America in a big way.

12. irthesteve

He isn't on it

13. marceting

Trusted

:concerned: After all the hype of them becoming good friends and working together. Maybe sometime in the future...

14. irthesteve

Apparently Drake has more songs coming out this summer that aren't Views-related, so there's still time!

15. marceting

Trusted

Oi! Any UK beats on the new Drizzy?

16. irthesteve

here's the production list

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

getting real real excited for this

18. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Man is SUCH a good song, maybe even my fav of 2016 so far. The QOTSA sample is just :ok:

19. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Man is great and it also makes me think of Man Don't Care which is also great

20. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I wanna know where the Drake/Skepta collabs are hidden since none made it here or Views.

21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Probably aren't any & it's all been hype. They've both been working on season 3 of the TV show Top Boy though for sure, Drake's a huge fan apparently.

22. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I can't get into Grime... I'm a British guy who likes hip hop as well...Man was decent though so I hope this album changes that for me.

23. marceting

Trusted

Is Skepta coming to the US for Lollapalooza or will he not his work visa?

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Same for me really - a lot of the time Grime came off as kinda corny for me? Like, some of the lyrics were cringe, the beats were amateur, but there is good stuff out there for sure.

Jake W likes this.
  25. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Yeah that's my problem with a lot of it, I find it very corny.