Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skateboarding • Page 7

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kennedy, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I also played the demo and am excited for the game. Got really into Skater XL though, it's far from perfect but the mechanics and controls are as intricate and realistic as I've seen in any skateboarding video game ever.

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m playing through skate 1 and skate 3 right now so that’s fun

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  3. CobraKidJon

I would go skating but this 100 degree weather is too much for me

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

my war is my fav series on thrasher and his might be the best

Nathan and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

although the dane burman one on this legendary rail in philly is fucking crazy too. sadly they renovated that subway station and the stairs are no longer like this

coleslawed, Nathan and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  6. CobraKidJon

I can’t skate currently due to California being on fire so the air quality is so bad and also covid so I’ve been playing the skate games in anticipation of the remasters of Tony Hawk and they are just so good. I’m on the last big challenge of Skate 1 and it involves rob dydrek and doing a 360 flip into a grind on a bench and I can’t do it lol. It’s frustrating as heck to me.

AndrewSoup, dylan and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. CobraKidJon

The intro is legendary

Nathan likes this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

a 9 year old ollied davis gap so im just never gonna step on my board again

9. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I’m really considering getting a new setup. I just feel so self conscious being 32 and relearning tricks. It’s gonna be awkward, that’s for sure.

10. Nathan

Been skating since 9:30ish this morning, first time since I hurt my leg. Went to one of my favorite parks, then a new one full of big transitions which took a toll in the heat. My leg isn’t 100% but it felt great to be back on a board going fast.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i really should get on my board more often, i've barely ridden the new Element board I got a while back. i'd be riding it through my apartment parking lot on my days off but now we have the fuckin fires here in Northern California where I live and the air quality is SO horrible; it's so smoky i can barely breathe.

i also wanna use all the different skate shoes i've bought over the years to see which work best for me+the differences they have. i've bought...... SO many skate shoes...

12. CobraKidJon

finally got some wheels that aren’t the cruising ones

I got some bones 100 and they somehow matched my board which was sick

13. Nathan

watched these Evan Smith parts today, he is very good

14. Nathan

that last boardslide was gnarly as all get out

The Lucky Moose and coleslawed like this.
  15. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I just built a complete for my nephews 8th birthday. Can't wait for him to get it. I'm highly contemplating ordering another one for myself. It's wild that completes still fall almost exactly within that 115-125$ range. That's exactly what they were from 2000-2008 when I was actively buying.

16. Nathan

Almost unlocked all the THPS1 levels in the new Tony Hawk. I'm really enjoying it.

17. CobraKidJon

this tony hawk game is a beauty

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  18. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Just started downloading. Very excited.

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the Warehouse demo got old fast, but I really want to explore create a skater and build a park features.

20. Nathan Sep 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 11, 2020)
    Nathan

There's an interview in the latest Thrasher with Leo Baker, Cher Strauberry, and Stephen Ostrowski about representation in skateboarding that has a lot of good stuff. Great read. Dunno if it's online but it's worth seeking out

coleslawed and sophos34 like this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

bought the tony hawk remaster. so much nostalgia I hope I can become as good at it as I used to be. years of skate control conditioning has undone a lot of my old thps skills. and more recently I’ve been playing session

ChrisCantWrite and Nathan like this.
  22. Nathan

Session is going to be super cool. I was getting pretty good at Skater XL before the THPS remaster came out. I beat it in like 3 days but there’s so much stuff to do, I’m still really enjoying it. Wild that with all the free skate video footage on YouTube I still find myself working to find all the stat points with every skater to unlock their videos in the game. I have Tony Hawk, Lizzie Armanto, Kareem Campbell, and Steve Caballero’s so far, gonna go for Jamie Thomas and Leo Baker today.

coleslawed and The Lucky Moose like this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Really cool

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

riley is so good

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  25. Nathan