Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skateboarding • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kennedy, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Windowsdown

Ha, I just went on a trip in the southwest of France to surf and ride pumptracks, and three out of seven people in our group were wearing glasses. The best rider in our group wears her glasses while going crazy fast and never broke them despite falling a bunch of times ! If you aren't hellbent on getting back to street skating, I suggest you try a cruiser or a longboard at a local shop (they always have a few boards available to rent) and see how you feel.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

This is why I’m afraid of tricks because I dont want to mess with my glasses

The Lucky Moose and coleslawed like this.
  3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I went street skating today for the first time since probably 2016. A nice change of pace, nothing too crazy, pleased to have landed my first flip tricks since probably about 2016.

As for glasses, I wear them too but my eyesight isn't so bad that I have to wear them when skating so I just don't wear them. My friend invested in some activewear goggles.

The Lucky Moose and sophos34 like this.
  4. Nathan

5. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I haven’t skated since I was 13. I’m 35 next month and might treat myself to a board. Any good ones for someone too old to be starting again.

I wasn’t good then, probably worse now

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i usually just get a deck from whatever company im super into at the moment lol. like last year after the primitive encore vid came out i went and snagged a primitive deck. i need new trucks and wheels though my last skateboard was an old chipped to shit element with blank wheels and i think independent trucks that i got from a fellow junkie i met in kensington years ago (open air drug market neighborhood in philly).

7. chris

Trusted Supporter

I just went to a local shop here and told them how I was beginning again and we figured out what I was looking for and built one, so that’s an option maybe

8. CobraKidJon

I went to my local shop and got one of their shop boards to support them but all my friends think the wood is trash compared to normal company decks lol

9. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I have an Enjoi board I bought about 9 years ago, but I ended up never really using it. Even when I skated I never concerned myself with trunks and wheels, so now I have no idea if mine are still good or not after not having been used for a decade, or how tight or loose they should be, and how I could find out aside from taking it to a shop.

sophos34 likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

I have been considering that, but I still have some shreds of vanity left

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I had an enjoi board a few years ago but it was in my car that got stolen and was gone when they found the car :tear:

Nathan and The Lucky Moose like this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

That sucks man, but better you got only the car back instead of only the board I guess

sophos34 likes this.
  13. Nathan

I've skated

Birdhouse (secondhand from a friend)
    Zero
    Flip
    Girl
    Plan B (stuck with them for about 3-4 decks in a row)
    Local skateshop deck
    Real
    currently Anti-Hero

also I went to a skatepark I'd never been to yesterday and planted my leg weird bailing off a hubba so I've basically been in bed since I got back. Luckily I don't think anything is torn but I have a significant limp. Probably my worst skate injury since my broken ankle.

14. CobraKidJon

the only boards I skated before were plan b boards

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

lets see if i can remember all of mine.

blind
    world industries
    chocolate
    foundation
    almost
    popwar
    chocolate
    alien workshop
    habitat
    enjoi
    element (secondhand)
    primitive

i think thats it. i went through decks a lot the one year i was super into skating in like 04-05

16. Nathan

Milton Martinez won skater of the year last year but I hadn't seen his demolicion part until watching this morning. Legit jaw dropping stuff in that part, and the behind the scenes of the car wash kick flip is genuinely moving.

sophos34, imthesheriff and coleslawed like this.
  17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

18. Nathan

imthesheriff and coleslawed like this.
  19. Nathan

Also queer, non-binary skater Leo Baker is gonna be in the THPS 1+2 remaster, which is dope

20. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

Turned 30 in May and started skating again. Just taking it easy but enjoying it. Spent my entire live riding mongo so I'm basically starting from scratch again. Stoked for the THPS 1+2 demo tomorrow.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I still have an old, splintered blind deck and element fiberlight deck bought from CCS in like.. middle school lol. Pretty sure I broke both of my arms on them, fun times.

I've been wanting to get back into skating tbh. Our apartment complex has huge parking lots that were freshly paved earlier this year. I think I might start it back up, I could definitely benefit from some exercise and sunlight during this pandemic

22. CobraKidJon

this game is going to be the best thing i play all year next to fall guys

coleslawed and The Lucky Moose like this.
  23. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Cleaned out my garage yesterday and found my powell mini logo...LOVED these decks.

24. CobraKidJon

PatRFinley and coleslawed like this.
  25. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

played the THPS demo this weekend and now i bought a skateboard so 12 year old me is doing amazing. 29 year old me is gonna regret it