Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skateboarding • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kennedy, Jun 21, 2018.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  2. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

hey there's a skateboard thread! :hand:

i'm trying to pick up skating, though i do have trouble getting myself to commit to learning new hobbies;
    here's my first set up i got a few months back

i'm thinking about getting a bigger board tho, 7.75 is a bit small for me. Element's Go East series has some amazing designs i'm considering!

coleslawed and Nathan like this.
  3. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

aw man once upon a time i wanted to be a badass skater so bad. i loved the tony hawk games and skipped classes w the skater kids in high school. then i tried dropping in on a box ramp for the 1st time and bashed up my elbow and thought well that really fucking hurt more than i thought it would lmao.

i really respect ppl who get good at skating. it takes an amount of hard work blood and fearlessness that most ppl arent willing to give into anything. also skater vs hater vids are the pinnacle of trashy youtube.

i am too uncoordinated to even ollie well and too old to mooch off my parents health insurance and my physical ableness is my livelyhood so ill just stick to being one of the bums smoking a bowl listening to the misfits behind the skate park.

to all u skaters out there im not gonna be a lame ass responsible adult and tell u to wear a helmet so just try not to hit ur head lol

4. The Lucky Moose

After I broke my arm while skateboarding, the fear was always there. It made it impossible for me to make meaningful progress. I snowboarded for a while and loved it but then I moved away from the Alps and now I'm just a poser who wears the clothes :crylaugh: I still love watching both though.

5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

last time I went skating, I earned myself a real ugly scar on my ankle of all places which is just a sign to stop cuffing my jeans. but I persevere, more ugly scars imminent. I still don't really know how to *do* anything but I can ride around p competently now at least

coleslawed and The Lucky Moose like this.
  6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

My shins are hacked to hell. Less so since it’s winter but

7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I’d for sure at look into at least an 8.25.
    I never really progressed past cruising & slappies, but mad respect to anyone out there pushing themselves.

8. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

Got a new board

K0ta, coleslawed and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  9. The Lucky Moose

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

watched Jeff Grosso’s Nine Club today. skateboarding is gonna miss him.

it also looks like his son is taking over his Instagram, which i sent simultaneously life-giving and heart wrenching.

www.instagram.com/grossosucks

AndrewSoup likes this.
  11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

59AF6954-D8B0-4D11-A59E-9EE7EF045C32.jpeg

I haven’t skated in like 10 years and I got a deck the other day and it’s been fun to skate again

12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

My friends are pointing out how my skating stance is so weird and how it make it impossible for me to Ollie and I’m just like me skate and just relax.

13. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

I know you're just trying to have fun but the ollie is the foundation of almost all the other skate tricks and even just being able to ollie up a curb is pretty essential. If you fix your stance now it will be much easier to learn other things going forward.

14. Nathan

I forget how much I love watching Ryan Sheckler skate until the next time I see one of his video parts

also my friend and I are building a minicamp in his backyard. We built a quarterpipe to prepare and gauge height/transition size and skated it last night. Very fun, first skating I've done in months.

coleslawed and sophos34 like this.
  15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

16. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Mason is a beast, I'm riding his first pro board for REAL right now actually.

sophos34 likes this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

that part is so fucking good, dude skates hard and fast as fuck

18. chris

Trusted Supporter

bought a board last week after not skating for like 10+ years. I'm sure it's going to be rough going relearning any tricks, but it feels so nice to be back up on it

Nathan likes this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

imthesheriff and jkauf like this.
  20. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

That makes me wanna revisit Mullen and Song stuff.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

round 3 came out right when i got into skating. daewon's part is still possibly my favorite of all time

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  22. Nathan

Round 3 is maybe my favorite skate video. Saw it at just the right time. Sheckler is a year or two older than me so I thought it was cool seeing someone roughly my age own that hard, and of course Mullen and Song are incredible, and Chris Haslam became a favorite.

I owned I think Almost Round 3, Flip Really Sorry, and Zero Dying to Live on VHS. Maybe DVD but I think Fully Flared was the only skate dvd I had

coleslawed and sophos34 like this.
  23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i used to download them on limewire. i think the only ones i bought were blind what if and the first tony hawk's secret skatepark tour

Nathan likes this.
  24. Windowsdown

I just bought my first street deck in over ten years and I'm sure I'm going to break something. I only know how to ollie, no comply and kickflip. I can't even land 180's properly. :tear:

I've been cruising around Paris and riding pumptracks with a Landyachtz Dinghy for the last two years (after trying out boards by Globe, Arbor, Santa Cruz, etc) and it's the best cruiser I've owned (stable, powerslides like a champ, stock bearings are great).

If anyone is lurking this thread and willing to try skating around / get back on a board without the risks associated with actual skateboarding, check out the Landyachtz youtube channel, it'll definitely make you want to get a cruiser or a longboard.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

I wanted to start again a few years ago but then I basically immediately had to start wearing glasses and now I don’t feel like breaking them