Skateboarding • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kennedy, Jun 21, 2018.

1. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

this is amazing and super helpful - thanks!

Gonna make my boring ass day in the office better

Nathan likes this.
  2. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Joslin, Jamie Foy, Aaron Homoki, Nyjah (watch his video part from last year).

I'm pretty behind on the current pro culture as well but those stick out to me.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  3. arewehavingfunyet

Regular

The up and comers on Girl right now are killing it.

Tyler Pacheo, Griffin Gass, Simon Bannerot & Niels Bennet

4. K0ta

still a Sad Emo Kid Supporter

Hi all. So I want to get into skateboarding just for fun, nothing too serious, and I bought a cruiser to ride around on. I'd really like to get a standard board so I can do tricks and maybe even go to the skate park if I can - the problem is I'm not really sure where to start. I've been researching sizes and I imagine I'd get something anywhere from 7.5-8 since I am an adult, 5'5 with an 8.5 (female) shoe size.

I'd also prefer a prebuilt deck if possible since I don't know what I am doing and don't want to spend over $100 (just bought the cruiser remember :)).

Here's an example of one I like (Lizzie Armanto is dope):

Birdhouse Lizzie Armanto Favorites Purple 7.75" Skateboard Complete | Zumiez

It's 7.75 and I don't know if that'll work for me or not?

I know I can probably go into a shop and pick parts and have them put it together but again, I'd have to trust they know what they're talking about, aren't trying to sell me on something, and can keep the cost at or below $100 preferably. Any help is appreciated. :)

Nathan and coleslawed like this.
  5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

7.75 will absolutely work for you. I'm also 5'5" (8.5 men shoe) and usually rode 7.5's back in the day. Don't know how true it is but always heard that Vert skaters used the bigger boards. I tried an 8 before and it seemed a little too big for what I was going for.

That pre-made one looks good, looks like they included all Birdhouse (trucks, wheels, deck) and Abec bearings. Sounds good for what you said you're going for.

You can definitely upgrade to better parts if you find that you really enjoy it and want to upgrade down the road.

coleslawed and K0ta like this.
  6. K0ta

Thank you for your help!! I'll probably pull the trigger on that prebuilt one.

7. arewehavingfunyet

Regular

Hang on, don't pull the trigger yet. Skate Warehouse is doing 15% off until this afternoon and I'm going to link a custom for you in a minute once I put it together..

SEANoftheDEAD, coleslawed and K0ta like this.
  8. K0ta

Ahh thank you!!

9. arewehavingfunyet

Regular

A little bit over $100 but better quality parts than the zumiez complete:

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/workingorder.html?o_l=Hnzktx0XMrzbFAO8

If you don't care too much about the Lizzie deck you could get a deck that's on sale and save a bit more:

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/workingorder.html?o_l=z4zSNx~8M8Wbtn5u

The Zumiez complete isn't bad but the trucks, wheels and bearings are worse than what you will get with the above. Basically if you think you're going to stick with it, I would shell out the extra $20 to get a better first complete..let me know if you have questions about anything.

Skatewarehouse will set up everything for you if you select that option but I recommend learning to set up your own board eventually. There are tons of youtube set up videos...

SEANoftheDEAD, coleslawed and K0ta like this.
  10. arewehavingfunyet

Regular

Just quoting you here because I forgot to above with the links lol.

K0ta likes this.
  11. K0ta

Hey thank you so much!! I'm not married to the Lizzie board so I am willing to look around and switch that out. I'm also willing to learn to build one but right now I'm pretty eager to have something set up for me so I can just learn the skating part lol, the rest can come later if I stick with it. Let me take a look at that site and get back to you with any questions, I really appreciate it!

arewehavingfunyet likes this.