Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skate & Surf Festival 2017 Festival • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Jan 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

It's looks like the initial lineup announcement for Skate & Surf 2015 was on December 18, 2014 and the full lineup was announced on February 23, 2015.

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Would be kinda surprised if this happened

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That was from an article that someone else has previously posted in this thread.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I went in 2014 and it was pretty chilly. I think it would be smart to push it back to June/July.

6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

The last Skate & Surf is one of my fondest memories for a billion reasons. Me and my buddy were hoping to make it a new tradition, but no dice there apparently.

heaththehorizon and Morgan like this.
  7. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Can't wait for this

8. Morgan

Morgan

I loved it so much. It was a little bit to chilly for my liking but it was such a great time in Asbury. The area is perfect for it.

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

What is John D doing now? Adventure in the Park got canceled. Is The Rock Carnival going to continue? GameChanger World?

10. Grato

Regular

pretty sure he just books at gamechanger. There hasn't been a great show there in a while besides B2SJ

11. tomfrombrick

i wish john d didn't get rid of his twitter so we could ask him directly. i just shot a tweet at Skate and Surf on twitter but im not expecting a response

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Sha na na na hey hey hey goodbye

13. Shrek

14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Skate and surf/boozle seems gone for good now

Shrek likes this.
  15. tomfrombrick

seems like there will never be another jersey shore music fest scene again at this point. warped is done, no bamboozle, no s&s...

16. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Wonder if there ever will be an east coast version of "It's Not Dead". That would do great on the Asbury Park boardwalk and could probably draw 4-5k people with a good notalgia-based lineup.

domotime2 and MysteryKnight like this.
  17. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Jack from Bleachers has Shadow of the City now...that's Asbury

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  18. I still wish they would do a Riot Fest type thing in NYC/NJ.

Morgan likes this.
  19. Shrek

Gov Ball this year is the closest we’re gonna get for a while I feel :/

20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

They tried it once and never again

21. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

In terms of general interest music fests, the city has THREE in a short time period. Gov Ball in June, Panorama in July and Meadows in Sep.

22. Shrek

this is true, but Panorama and Meadows have zero overlap with the type of music represented at something like a Skate & Surf, whereas Gov Ball has a pretty solid representation of punk and alternative

23. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

If I remember correctly, Made in America has had some pop punk/alternative music the last few year too

24. I'm skipping the "punk" day of GovBall (Saturday) for that beast of a Slayer tour @ PNC. Even though basically all my friends go to GovBall, Slayer still wins.

25. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Wouldn't surprise me. Lyman is going to have more spare time this year and I think the "It's Not Dead" stuff is where his heart is and he's got a ton of contacts with these bands. Doubt it would be difficult to put an East Coast date together.