Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Skate & Surf Festival 2017 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG] john d ‏@GameChangerboss

listening to Judy Collins at the moment, pretty fitting as history seems to be repeating itself recently. hope you hear me Asbury Park

right now-some dough boy in Asbury Park is sitting behind his desk not realizing his company chased every good festival and walk out of town

Bridgewater, NJ...................see you in September!! ;) i got friends, and they got friends and they got plans...#itson

Gonna miss @ElectricAdvntre...well, not really. Time to announce a new festival! When the smoke clears, this festival is gonna be the flavor

#hoodwink.....don't call it a comeback!

spent a lot of time on the phone today with some old friends from @TheBamboozle it will all come together soon folks...trust me.

Bridgewater, NJ...................see you in September!! ;) i got friends, and they got friends and they got plans...#itson

I got @SkateandSurf on my mind. From Chicago to NJ and back again. Keeps playin' in my head but this may be a romance I need more time w/

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. @SkateandSurf will be moving to the Fall, as we work with new friends and spend time convincing old ones.

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

When is this going to be announced? Any time frame?

3. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

He keeps mentioning Bridgewater and for someone who lived 2 minutes away from there, I don't know where the hell he thinks he's putting a festival of any sort.

4. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I was thinking maybe the industrial park next to BSA that they've been working on for a while? The one off Chimney Rock road? Or at BRHS? Only places I can think with enough open space.

5. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Hmm...it's possible for the industrial park. I haven't driven past there in a few months. I can't see BRHS being OK with having a festival on their grounds though.

6. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Yeah I figure the logistics and politics of getting a board of education to agree to having a festival on the grounds would outweigh the fact that that school is big enough to actually hold it.

Would be cool if they went Bled Fest-style and just had stages set up throughout the inside of the school, and then like a mainstage out on their real nice football field.

7. korey011

Regular

John D's recent tweets are hinting at Skate & Surf/Bamboozle to be the first/second week of October. Oct 1st and 2nd??

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Is Skate & Surf not happening this year?

[​IMG]

9. korey011

Regular

Seems like it. Bamboozle will be in 2017 it seems

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

It's so odd to me. John D put so much into bringing back Skate & Surf. And then after 3 years, he just ends it. I thought the lineups got better and better each year. He is always trying different things. I will give him credit for that.

11. tomfrombrick

Captain Oats ‏@FrenzyofDeceit 12h12 hours ago
    @GameChangerboss hey John, I was just wondering if Adventures is replacing Skate & Surf this year & moving forward?

[​IMG]john d‏@GameChangerboss
    @FrenzyofDeceit no, absolutely not. completely different events. Adventure is going to be Hip Hop / EDM. It replaces Electric Adv.
    1. [​IMG]Captain Oats ‏@FrenzyofDeceit 12h12 hours ago
      @GameChangerboss ok, was kinda wondering since u mentioned S&S was in the fall. Can't wait to see what u have in store, thanks 4 answering

12. tomfrombrick

seems like skate and surf isn't going anywhere

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's good to know. I wonder when we will get a Skate & Surf announcement.

14. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

It's weird that they're moving it to the fall. I always thought that mid-late May was perfect for this, right as all the colleges kids are just starting break or getting close to it.

15. tomfrombrick

i wonder if he got first energy park as a site for adventure in the park AND S&S. they have had music fests there in the past. i agree the fall is a bit weird. its gonna be chilly

16. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Rather be chilly than sweating my ass off. Also with a packed in crowd it won't be too bad.

17. tomfrombrick

valid point!

18. Meltingplastic

Hmm... I feel like John D has started to lose his mind with all the EDM festivals. Isn't he also responsible for Rock n Derby in NY now too?

19. kidinthebushes Apr 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

What's up Melting Plastic!? It's Cory. I met you at Skate & Surf 2014.

As far as I know, he's doing Rock'n Derby, Adventure in the Park, and apparently Skate & Surf is still happening. Is he still doing The Rock Carnival this year? He has been dropping rumors about Bamboozle returning next year too.

20. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

He's said boozle is happening next year for like two years now.

21. Meltingplastic

Yup I remember you saying you changed your name a few months back. I know he did a food truck thing a few weeks back if I remember correctly, not exactly sure what all he has his hands in anymore. I don't think bamboozle is coming back though, I think hoodwink will become a new festival to replace it. Bamboozle is still owned by Live Nation and I doubt he made enough to buy the rights to the name back unless LN decided it doesn't want it

22. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That would make sense. But wasn't Hoodwinked just a show of bands playing cover sets that occurred before Bamboozle?

23. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

He wants money, hell do bamboozle if the deal is right.

24. Meltingplastic

Correct that's how it started, then it became a mini tour if I remember correctly along with the bamboozle road tour

25. Meltingplastic

I think it's more his relationship with Live Nation/House of Blues. He bashed them pretty bad and not sure if he's fixed that relationship