Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sir Sly Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sir Sly will release their new album, Don’t You Worry, Honey, on June 30th.

[​IMG]

Sir Sly will release their sophomore album entitled Don’t You Worry, Honey – on June 30th via Interscope Records. The album will include the melodic, slow jam “Altar”, “High” –#6 at alternative radio—and Sir Sly’s latest track “Astronaut”.
    “Don’t You Worry, Honey is the most intensely personal piece of work I’ve ever been a part of,” says lead singer Landon, explaining the profoundly cathartic experience that was making their new album. “Making this album gave me a safe space to come and make music with two people I appreciated more than anything. That safe space saved my life and gave me a sense of purpose and renewed verve for life. This album is an amalgamation of all feelings and the revelations that came during the process. It’s full of grief, bitterness, lightheartedness, questions I was asking myself along the way, and against all odds, joy. We worked tirelessly to make something we were proud of– something folks could sing along to, dance to, laugh along with, and something to make some folks feel less like they are alone in the world.”

The West Coast rock trio will kick off their headline tour on June 29 in Los Angeles at the El Rey and hit major cities including New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and Atlanta (see full listing below). Tickets are available to the general public and can be purchased HERE.

Since forming in 2012, Sir Sly have forged their singular sound by drawing upon each member’s long-honed musical talents: Jacobs’s introspective yet infinitely searching lyricism, Suwito’s in-studio ingenuity, and Coplen’s sophisticated musicianship and sense of songcraft. Orange County natives and friends since high school, Jacobs and Coplen connected with Suwito through the local music scene. Their early collaborations yielded songs like “Ghost,” a Neon Gold release that quickly earned buzz online. After making their Cherrytree Records debut with the Gold EP in 2013, Sir Sly put out You Haunt Me (which reached #14 on Billboard’s Alternative Albums chart) in September of the following year.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Not digging the change in sound at all. I'll give it a chance but I have low expectations personally.