Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sioux Falls - Rot Forever Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by nfdv2, Mar 6, 2016.

1. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

2. I need to listen to this.

3. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

yeah you do

report back with thoughts when you do!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

bump

have not been playing this a lot first because of loner chic, then because of goodness, and also because i never feel like listening to a 75 minute album

but i've been going back to it for the past couple days and it's real good. i keep starting the album at chain of lakes tho

5. I enjoyed this on first listen, but then I napped through the middle of it (not because it was boring, just because I was tired). And I haven't gone back because of Ryan Adams and new Thrice

6. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

I always start listening to this at work, pause it like half way through, and never pick it up where it left off.

7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I always start it and listen to the whole thing and finish it because it's the best rock album of the year that ain't Pinegrove

8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

yeah this has been my go to album to get me through my day. just put it on and cruise.

9. bedwettingcosmo

this album is becoming real special to me. it reminds me of a few years back when i would just listen to early modest mouse discography on repeat for days.

copy/paste and past tense is particular give me nostalgic MM vibes. i just really really love this.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. Surprisingly, I'm not sure if this is for me. I tried it again the other night and just couldn't get into it for some reason. I'm sure I'll try it again soon.

11. bedwettingcosmo

this album is super important.

12. bedwettingcosmo

13. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

yes

14. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

feel that way also, reminds me of when I would hole up and listen to nothing but Long Drive/LCW for days.

I also really love how long this band will jam a good part out. I could listen to the end of Copy/Paste for another three minutes, and I love how they tease it out at the end of both Try and If You Let It

15. bedwettingcosmo

yeah they way they just go off on those groovy tangents reminds me of MM, but they're also doing there own thing. just a really refreshing record.

16. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

So much this. A lot of the long songs on this I often wish would go on even longer.

17. bedwettingcosmo

this is my AOTY right now.

18. bedwettingcosmo

seriously dont know why everyone isn't in love with this.

19. Mclusky30

Me too. I love the first half, but this album really starts taking off around Copy/Paste and it just does not let up.

20. bedwettingcosmo

been cycling through different favorites. your names not ned is doing it for me. the bass on this album is so reminiscent EARLY mm

21. Mclusky30

San Francisco Earthquake might be mine. Of course Soaked In Sleep exists. So does Crushed.

Yeah, I can't pick.

22. bedwettingcosmo

bought this on vinyl today. can't wait for it to come.

23. bedwettingcosmo

daily reminder of how awesome this is........

24. Finally listening to this. I'm really enjoying it but I do think it would benefit from being like half as long as it is haha. I feel like listening to it in halves would make me come back to it often. still, it is really good and I like everything on here

25. bedwettingcosmo

sucks that people are turned off by the length. i definitely get it, but sucks for em.

that being said, this is stilll my AOTY