Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sinai Vessel - Brokenlegged (January 27, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Oct 5, 2016.

1. mesi

Regular

Yeah, I agree. Everything over 30 minutes is perfect, but some albums that are less than that really leave you wanting more.

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Apple Music says the album is exactly 30 minutes long should be good

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This album has two conversations vibes

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

5. Leftandleaving

I think it's actually most noticeable in looseleaf probably

6. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Never heard of this band before, "Dogs" is a pretty good track. I'm getting Weakerthans/Hotelier vibes

7. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Oh my, as if I couldn't be any more hyped for this...

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  8. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Even though I know they weren't satisfied with the end results (which was a big part of the delay of this album), I'd still be very interested to hear what they did with Chris from Appleseed.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  9. Leftandleaving

They actually worked with him? Huh, makes sense, haha

10. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

EmmanuelSCastle and Zac Djamoos like this.
  11. Leftandleaving

12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

release the other version as a digital deluxe in five years after they've taken over the entire world

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

A la Jimmy Eat World.

14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Which album did Jimmy Eat World do that with? I'd also love if they got Jimmy Eat World huge

15. January is a loaded month and this album is right up there - been making heart eyes at this LP it's so great

16. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Futures. They recorded with Trombino and then scrapped it and re recorded with Gil Norton. The Trombino sessions were later released.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  17. Leftandleaving

When were the trombino sessions officially released?

18. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I think with the deluxe edition.

19. Zac Djamoos likes this.
  20. Not officially. A handful of the songs have been released as b-sides and bonus tracks, and a few more were reworked for Stay On My Side Tonight, but I think that's it.

The demos on the deluxe version are a different set, recorded after the Trombino sessions.

21. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Weird then is the collection going around just leaks or is it put together from different releases?

22. The fourteen song collection I've had for years was leaked as a set (this used to happen all the time with Jimmy Eat World demos for some reason). The officially released versions were either reworked and re-recorded completely (the songs that ended up on Futures, the stuff on SOMST, the version of "Jen" on one of the limited editions of Futures, etc) or at least remixed ("When I Want" on the "Futures" single).

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Gil Norton makes more sense for them anyway. The producer doesn't determine everything, but they're more Pixies than Drive Like Jehu so it's a better fit imo. Would still be interested to hear though, will look around

24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Wait this is the Sinai vessel thread okay well anyway still want that other version to surface somehow

25. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

New song this week apparently