Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Simple Plan Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kuri44, Mar 18, 2017.

1. huntercrunch

Regular

Anxiety and Iconic are a bit eh for me, but the rest of the album is great in my opinion, and there's a total lack of head scratching tracks like I Don't Wanna Be Sad or Perfectly Perfect.

I can already hear people making fun of the lyrics on Two, but like a lot of Simple Plan's lyrics, it feels sincere enough to still work for me.

I think my favorites so far are Million Pictures of You, Congratulations, Best Day of My Life, and Slow Motion.

pbueddi likes this.
  2. pbueddi

Trusted

your thoughts are pretty in line with mine. They always try to do one or two “different” songs so it doesn’t really surprise me. And honestly i like them more than some of their previous attempts. Overall i love the album though and am super happy after the long wait. Oh and I actually enjoyed Two a lot as a closer!

3. tomtom94

Trusted

Probably the most consistent album they've ever done..?

Maybe could have done a bit more variety but it's Simple Plan - they're good at what they do

pbueddi likes this.
  4. pbueddi

Trusted

Way too soon album rankings after one listen:

Simple Plan
    Harder Than It Looks
    Still Not Getting Any
    Taking One For The Team
    No Pads
    Get Your Heart On

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Honestly digging this new album

pbueddi likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I enjoyed this. It’s straight to the point and consistent. Nothing cutting edge or anything, but something I can put on and enjoy from a band who does what they do really well. I sense some Self-titled stuff on this one too and it makes me really happy since ST is my favorite from them.

pbueddi likes this.
  7. pbueddi

Trusted

Keep the self-titled love coming!

8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

This was a good mix of their pop side and pop punk side and I love that

pbueddi likes this.
  9. pbueddi

Trusted

So interesting enough, that rejected album cover for their self-titled record was actually released as a Kmart exclusive slipcase in Australia. Who knew?

Simple Plan - Simple Plan

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. The Emologist

Crusted

I just gave the new album a listen. TBH...it's not really within my wheelhouse, but it achieves exactly what it set out to do. Hooks and melodies are great.

11. Colby Searcy

Was just thinking about this cover the other day.

This was the cover I wanted btw

12. pbueddi

Trusted

neither are great but the flames one is cheesy and looks like a bad photoshop job lol.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. Colby Searcy

But that is so Simple Plan-esque

pbueddi likes this.
  14. pbueddi

Trusted

They confirmed in an interview with Idobi radio that there are some recorded b-sides from the new album that they will probably release at some point.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. pbueddi

Trusted

Still been listening to the album regularly and was thinking about how I would rank the songs. Here's how I would list them as of now:

10. Best Day Of My Life
    9. Anxiety
    8. Iconic
    7. The Antidote
    6. Slow Motion
    5. Two
    4. Million Pictures Of You
    3. Wake Me Up (When This Nightmare's Over)
    2. Congratulations
    1. Ruin My Life

BlackwingE likes this.
  16. pbueddi

Trusted

So my vinyl is finally supposed to be coming Friday apparently? Release date has been moved a few times this year.

17. pbueddi

Trusted

Umm so apparently the version of Ruin My Life on vinyl does not contain Deryck's vocals? Was spinning it tonight and that verse came on and I immediately did a double take when I heard Pierre instead. Bummer it doesn't have Deryck, but kind of cool as I had no idea such a version existed!

18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Very likely that, because of the vinyl production timeline, the decision to add Deryck to the song was made after the record had already been sent to manufacturing.

pbueddi likes this.
  19. pbueddi

Trusted

just interesting that it was never notes anywhere or mentioned by the band. But again, cool little discovery i guess! The vinyl did take forever to come out though.

20. pbueddi

Trusted

Colby Searcy and 333 GANG like this.
  21. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

pbueddi likes this.
  22. pbueddi

Trusted

Still thinks the self-titled gets too much hate. Probably still my favorite overall to this day.

WadeCastle likes this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Eh…haha. I personally really enjoy Self-titled and Taking One For The Team. The new album deserves more credit too.

pbueddi and WadeCastle like this.
  24. tomtom94

Trusted

Get Your Heart On / Second Coming does indeed slap and I'm glad someone said it.

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The new album is my favorite thing they've done since... the second one?