Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Simple Plan Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kuri44, Mar 18, 2017.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Congratulations and the Antidote are two of my favorite SP songs since their first album.

I can't get into Ruin My Life, though. Something about the chorus annoys me.

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Congratulations is a ripper. This is going to be a fun record.

3. pbueddi

Trusted

I really like the vocals as well. Im surprised it is only 10 songs because they usually have longer albums. Hopefully there are some bonus tracks or b-sides.

4. btr

Trusted Supporter

Simple Plan & Stand Atlantic both dropping their album 5/6 is great

beachdude and manoverboard365 like this.
  5. pbueddi

Trusted

6. pbueddi

Trusted

7. Cmoney86

Trusted

beachdude and pbueddi like this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like it. Reminds me of the self-titled album and it could be a great country song too.

beachdude and pbueddi like this.
  9. pbueddi

Trusted

You are spot on. Totally agree. I know it's crazy to say, but the songs have been 4/4 for me. We have gotten almost half of the album up to this point and I have been incredibly pleased.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. These are a good 4 songs. Im hoping this new is one more consistent then the last two albums. They’re 4/4 right now so they can totally do it.

pbueddi likes this.
  11. 333 GANG

ACAB

I thought their last record was their best since their second album

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The highs on the last album are super high. Boom rules haha.

I'm someone who loves their self-titled album and I think that was their last most consistent album front to back. Just my opinion though.

pbueddi likes this.
  13. pbueddi

Trusted

100% agree. I probably listen to that self-titled album as a whole more than any of their others. And yeah the last album has some really fun songs. Jordan was perfect to feature on Farewell.

14. tomtom94

Trusted

Did Taking One For The Team still have the dodgy pop songs and features that dragged doing Get Your Heart On?

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'm not sure what you mean by dodgey, but they definitely had features on it. Juliet Simms, Jordin Pudnik, Nelly, and R. City to be exact.

16. SFguitar

Regular

I wish they would go back to using the pop/hip hop production of the s/t. These songs aren't bad but it feels like they've written them 1000 times before. That album really sounded like a mature step forward.

17. pbueddi

Trusted

While i love that album and agree with you in part, i have been really digging these new songs. There is sole familiarity to them, but they are a bit more refined (not sure if that’s the word im looking for).

18. huntercrunch

Regular

I'm personally fine with them doing a more straight-forward and focused album. The good songs on Taking One for the Team were REALLY good, but the weird genre experiments mostly fell flat on their faces.

Not saying they should never change it up, as the self-titled was different but still good, but on that album they clearly had a vision for the sound they were going for. The genre experiments on Taking One for the Team felt like them throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks, and none of it did.

pbueddi likes this.
  19. pbueddi

Trusted

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  20. Interesting way to open the album.

21. pbueddi

Trusted

I was honestly thinking the same thing the other day. Wonder what the reasoning for the choice is. What are your thoughts on the album so far?

22. Only listened once so far, will need a couple more spins.

pbueddi likes this.
  23. pbueddi

Trusted

Gonna catch the show when they are out your way?

24. pbueddi

Trusted

25. pbueddi

Trusted

Drip drip